Front bumper height adjustment

jdp1962

Grumpy Old Man
Reaction score
I think I need to raise my front bumper, about 1mm on the off side, and maybe 0.5mm on the nearside. I did a search which revealed that there are hexagonal adjusters on the slam panel under the bonnet. Which way do I turn them to raise?

I think I need to raise my front bumper, about 1mm on the off side, and maybe 0.5mm on the nearside. I did a search which revealed that there are hexagonal adjusters on the slam panel under the bonnet. Which way do I turn them to raise?

as far as im aware, once you have nipped up the torx bolts in the top, you can turn it more and it will bring the adjuster out, raising the hight, and the opposite to lower it. been a while since i had my bumper off, but im pretty sure this works. possibly the most annoying part about getting the gaps right on the front bumper. let me know how you get on. would like to know if im right lol! :)

let me know how you get on. would like to know if im right lol! :)

Like everything else I ever try to do myself, I got on badly. Despite loosening and tightening any number of bolts, I couldn't for the life of me find any way of moving the bumper. When I tried poking a long screwdriver blindly down a hole, whatever was below got dislodged and fell onto the inside of the engine under tray.

In that case, it's going back to the garage that replaced the FOSIBPDCS and they can align it properly.