Sky InsuranceAH Fabrications
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 42

Thread: Interior trim

  1. #1
    craig_TDI's Avatar
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Manchester, UK
    Posts
    91

    Interior trim

    Alright peeps

    I'm wanting to carbon wrap my hideous silver fish scale interior trim. Where's the best place to get this stuff from? 3M? eBay? And how much will I need?

    Thanks in advance for any help, Craig.
    Audi A4 B7 2.0 TDI (170) S-line

  2. # ADS
    ADS
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Global
    Posts
    Many
     
  3. #2
    A4_MaJiK's Avatar
    4th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Leicester, UK
    Posts
    789

    My Social Networking

    Add A4_MaJiK on Facebook Visit A4_MaJiK's Instagram Channel
    I think you can get some decent stuff from eBay but don't have the link anymore. Make sure you get some pics up once you've done it, would be interested to see the outcome.

    Audi A4 B7 3.0TDI S-Line Sprint Blue
    ~ MTEC DRLs & Sidelights ~ 8000k D1S ~ 19" A6 Le Mans Edition Wheels ~ Eibach Wheel Spacers (5mm F/15mm R) ~ Rear Ambient Lighting ~
    ~ UK Legal Pressed Plates ~ Full Interior LED Lighting ~ Rear Numberplate LED Lights ~ LCR Front Splitter ~

  4. #3
    craig_TDI's Avatar
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Manchester, UK
    Posts
    91
    Yeah no prob, I'll take some before and afters.
    Audi A4 B7 2.0 TDI (170) S-line

  5. #4
    jjmurphy21187's Avatar
    Tiptronic

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Nottingham, UK
    Posts
    749
    Bit of a thread-jack... but I saw a B6 cab at AITP 2012 which had some white/black marble effect trim... anyone know what material it was or who's car it was??

    Car: 2007 A4 3.0TDI Quattro S-Line Cabriolet
    Mods: Pipercross Panel Filter, Smarttop, LED Plate Bulbs, LED Interior Bulbs, Blue LED Needles, Remap, EGR Delete, Custom Stainless Exhaust (4" Slash Tips), Cupra-R Splitter, Embossed Number Plates, 19" BBS CH Reps & Vredestein Ultra Sessanta's, 12mm TPI Spacers, -30m H&R Springs, MTEC Black Edition Brakes (Dimpled & Grooved), Mintex Pads, RS4 RARB, Vibe Square Subwoofer in Ski-pass & Alpine MRP-350 Amp

    VCDS - PM for details (East Midlands)

  6. #5
    Rastamouse's Avatar
    Welsh Audi Nut

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    333

    Interior trim

    Ive done my interior trim and a few other bits with stuff from ebay, 3m di-noc carbon is what you want.
    rs4 grill with black wrapped surround,lowered 50/40 on weitec springs,rs4 fog grills,DRL headlights,18" rs4 alloys,Remapped to 175bhp, double din conversion with kenwood dnx7220 headunit,tinted windows,carbon wrapped interior,arm rest retrofit,Led interior lights,ambient light retrofit.Rs4 Pedals,Chrome wing mirrors.

  7. #6
    Greeny233's Avatar
    3rd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Leuchars
    Posts
    550

    My Social Networking

    Follow Greeny233 On Twitter

    Interior trim

    Here's a couple of pics of mine using 3M Di NOC from eBay.







    I got it from eBay from a company called Carbonprintuk and I bought 3000mm x 1500mm which was way way too much (managed to do the interior trim, b pillar trim, rear bumper insert and the bonnet on my mates T4 transporter van and I still have some left over).
    Chris "the machine" Green.
    2004 Audi A4 1.9tdi Sport Quattro Avant

  8. #7
    craig_TDI's Avatar
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Manchester, UK
    Posts
    91
    Quote Originally Posted by Rastamouse View Post
    Ive done my interior trim and a few other bits with stuff from ebay, 3m di-noc carbon is what you want.
    Quote Originally Posted by Greeny233 View Post
    Here's a couple of pics of mine using 3M Di NOC from eBay.







    I got it from eBay from a company called Carbonprintuk and I bought 3000mm x 1500mm which was way way too much (managed to do the interior trim, b pillar trim, rear bumper insert and the bonnet on my mates T4 transporter van and I still have some left over).
    Thanks for the replies and info, I'll take a look now and keep you posted, still needing to no how much I'll need tho cos don't wanna not order enough.. Thanks again
    Audi A4 B7 2.0 TDI (170) S-line

  9. #8
    A4_MaJiK's Avatar
    4th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Leicester, UK
    Posts
    789

    My Social Networking

    Add A4_MaJiK on Facebook Visit A4_MaJiK's Instagram Channel
    That looks awesome Greeny! Did you do it yourself and how difficult was it on a scale of 1-10 (10 being the most difficult). Did you use a heat gun to shrink the wrap on etc. Thinking of doing mine after seeing that but not sure if it'd look good as I've got black leathers and not too keen on the matt/satin finish you get with the wrap. My interior trim is currently silver.

    Audi A4 B7 3.0TDI S-Line Sprint Blue
    ~ MTEC DRLs & Sidelights ~ 8000k D1S ~ 19" A6 Le Mans Edition Wheels ~ Eibach Wheel Spacers (5mm F/15mm R) ~ Rear Ambient Lighting ~
    ~ UK Legal Pressed Plates ~ Full Interior LED Lighting ~ Rear Numberplate LED Lights ~ LCR Front Splitter ~

  10. #9
    D2NY G's Avatar
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    979
    have it carbon dipped mate its the future!

  11. #10
    craig_TDI's Avatar
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Manchester, UK
    Posts
    91
    Quote Originally Posted by A4_MaJiK View Post
    That looks awesome Greeny! Did you do it yourself and how difficult was it on a scale of 1-10 (10 being the most difficult). Did you use a heat gun to shrink the wrap on etc. Thinking of doing mine after seeing that but not sure if it'd look good as I've got black leathers and not too keen on the matt/satin finish you get with the wrap. My interior trim is currently silver.
    I was thinking the same, I'm not 100% sure about the matte/satin finish either.. Could you not get the trim lackered once it's wrapped in carbon?
    Audi A4 B7 2.0 TDI (170) S-line

  12. #11
    craig_TDI's Avatar
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Manchester, UK
    Posts
    91
    Quote Originally Posted by D2NY G View Post
    have it carbon dipped mate its the future!
    Where can I get that done, is it expensive? Sick car by the way mate!!!
    Audi A4 B7 2.0 TDI (170) S-line

  13. #12
    D2NY G's Avatar
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    979
    Quote Originally Posted by craig_TDI View Post
    Where can I get that done, is it expensive? Sick car by the way mate!!!
    Cheers bro,

    Not really pal, they dip it and lacquer it so it can be polish'd, im havin some under engine stuff done. Then im going to have the interior trims done as i want the shine that viynal carbon doesnt really give

    check these lads out, tell em Danny sent ya they will sort u owt

    http://www.hydroprecision.co.uk/

  14. #13
    Macdoon's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Essex
    Posts
    1,503
    Looks impressive Danny, be interested to see how engine covers turn out. Have they given you turnaround timescale.
    A4 B8 (09) 2.0 TFSI (211)

    Black Gloss RS4 style mesh grille, Black Gloss fog grilles, Black Gloss splitter trim, Ice White fogs, Tints, Black A8 boot rings, Black Badges, Dynamik boot spoiler.

  15. #14
    sidibear's Avatar
    Looking for Zombies !!

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Birmingham UK
    Posts
    1,908
    Great link Danny, thank you.

    JSD 2.59
    Synergy-Solutions

  16. #15
    D2NY G's Avatar
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    979
    no probs lads, there just set up so im gunna try help them as much as i can.

    should hopefully have the carbon bits back at the weekend mate then can get them posted up

  17. #16
    craig_TDI's Avatar
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Manchester, UK
    Posts
    91
    Quote Originally Posted by D2NY G View Post
    Cheers bro,

    Not really pal, they dip it and lacquer it so it can be polish'd, im havin some under engine stuff done. Then im going to have the interior trims done as i want the shine that viynal carbon doesnt really give

    check these lads out, tell em Danny sent ya they will sort u owt

    http://www.hydroprecision.co.uk/
    Yeah I no what you mean I want it to be shiny as well, nice one pal, I'll take a look.
    Audi A4 B7 2.0 TDI (170) S-line

  18. #17
    D2NY G's Avatar
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    979
    yeah check em out there on facebook aswell, top lads and they are real good at this

  19. #18
    sidibear's Avatar
    Looking for Zombies !!

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Birmingham UK
    Posts
    1,908
    Just enquired about getting a gun part coated and despite showing a photo of a rifle on their site they do not do them.

    JSD 2.59
    Synergy-Solutions

  20. #19
    D2NY G's Avatar
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    979
    oh yeh, well a dunno bout gun bits lol

  21. #20
    sidibear's Avatar
    Looking for Zombies !!

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Birmingham UK
    Posts
    1,908
    Gutted, I really wanted their Skullz on my comp gun. Does look a great technique though so thanks for the heads up.

    JSD 2.59
    Synergy-Solutions

  22. #21
    D2NY G's Avatar
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    979
    no worries fella

  23. #22
    Macdoon's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Essex
    Posts
    1,503
    Damn it, more mods to do..... Lol can't wait
    A4 B8 (09) 2.0 TFSI (211)

    Black Gloss RS4 style mesh grille, Black Gloss fog grilles, Black Gloss splitter trim, Ice White fogs, Tints, Black A8 boot rings, Black Badges, Dynamik boot spoiler.

  24. #23
    D2NY G's Avatar
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    979
    Quote Originally Posted by Macdoon View Post
    Damn it, more mods to do..... Lol can't wait
    lol, im same

  25. #24
    rowdyboy's Avatar
    4th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Derbyshire
    Posts
    802
    Quote Originally Posted by sidibear View Post
    Just enquired about getting a gun part coated and despite showing a photo of a rifle on their site they do not do them.
    Check out the price section on their site, they have a full price list break down for gun parts, so it seems strange they said no to you.

    It does seem an expensive way to do it. Couldn't you wrap trim parts and lacquer them yourself???
    3.0 Tdi Q A4 Avant S-Line Dolphin Grey
    RNS-E retrofitted

  26. #25
    sidibear's Avatar
    Looking for Zombies !!

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Birmingham UK
    Posts
    1,908
    Quote Originally Posted by rowdyboy View Post
    Check out the price section on their site, they have a full price list break down for gun parts, so it seems strange they said no to you.

    It does seem an expensive way to do it. Couldn't you wrap trim parts and lacquer them yourself???
    They replied saying they could not do it as they do not have a license, one of my questions was the legality of sending them a part.
    Its a weird shape and subject to a fair bit of abuse. I have been looking online for a kit to do it myself. There are a couple on eBay.

    JSD 2.59
    Synergy-Solutions

  27. #26
    craig_TDI's Avatar
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Manchester, UK
    Posts
    91
    Just ordered myself a 1000mm * 1500mm sheet of 3M carbon wrap off eBay from carbonprintuk.. Gonna wrap a test piece and get it lacquered to see how it turned out, I'll keep you guys posted and update with pics, thanks again for all the help
    Audi A4 B7 2.0 TDI (170) S-line

  28. #27
    D2NY G's Avatar
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    979
    Quote Originally Posted by craig_TDI View Post
    Just ordered myself a 1000mm * 1500mm sheet of 3M carbon wrap off eBay from carbonprintuk.. Gonna wrap a test piece and get it lacquered to see how it turned out, I'll keep you guys posted and update with pics, thanks again for all the help
    we have tried spraying a carbon wrap before and it didnt turn out too good, got my parts back some of from dipping last night and they look spot on giving that almost real carbon look

  29. #28
    craig_TDI's Avatar
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Manchester, UK
    Posts
    91
    Quote Originally Posted by D2NY G View Post
    we have tried spraying a carbon wrap before and it didnt turn out too good, got my parts back some of from dipping last night and they look spot on giving that almost real carbon look
    Nice one.. Gets some pics up! I stripped the full interior trim out last nite ready to wrap it this week but couldn't resist trying it out so I wrapped one of the rear door trims

    Audi A4 B7 2.0 TDI (170) S-line

  30. #29
    D2NY G's Avatar
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    979
    that looks good lad.

    yeah ill bang some pics on this dinner

  31. #30
    craig_TDI's Avatar
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Manchester, UK
    Posts
    91
    Quote Originally Posted by D2NY G View Post
    that looks good lad.

    yeah ill bang some pics on this dinner
    Cheers mate, can't wait to get the rest of it done

    Nice one I'll look out for them.
    Audi A4 B7 2.0 TDI (170) S-line

  32. #31
    sidibear's Avatar
    Looking for Zombies !!

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Birmingham UK
    Posts
    1,908
    Looking good Craig, funnily enough I did the rear drivers door first too.

    Wait until you try and get the ashtray lid off.....

    JSD 2.59
    Synergy-Solutions

  33. #32
    craig_TDI's Avatar
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Manchester, UK
    Posts
    91
    Quote Originally Posted by sidibear View Post
    Looking good Craig, funnily enough I did the rear drivers door first too.

    Wait until you try and get the ashtray lid off.....
    Cheers mate.. Haha already done it wasn't lookin forward to it but it came off really easy
    Audi A4 B7 2.0 TDI (170) S-line

  34. #33
    Amason007's Avatar
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    SE London/Kent
    Posts
    117
    Looking good. Did mine a while ago, but in silver!

    Carbon Vinly Wrapping
    Last edited by Amason007; 17th September 2012 at 18:51.

  35. #34
    craig_TDI's Avatar
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Manchester, UK
    Posts
    91
    Quote Originally Posted by Amason007 View Post
    Looking good. Did mine a while ago, but in silver!

    Carbon Vinly Wrapping
    Looks really well that mate.
    Audi A4 B7 2.0 TDI (170) S-line

  36. #35
    Macdoon's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Essex
    Posts
    1,503
    Here's mine in Anthracite
    Carbon wrapped pics
    A4 B8 (09) 2.0 TFSI (211)

    Black Gloss RS4 style mesh grille, Black Gloss fog grilles, Black Gloss splitter trim, Ice White fogs, Tints, Black A8 boot rings, Black Badges, Dynamik boot spoiler.

  37. #36
    craig_TDI's Avatar
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Manchester, UK
    Posts
    91
    Quote Originally Posted by Macdoon View Post
    Here's mine in Anthracite
    Carbon wrapped pics
    Looks really good that mate.. I'm thinkin of doin my grill surround as well, do you really have to take the bumper off to get the grill surround off?
    Audi A4 B7 2.0 TDI (170) S-line

  38. #37
    Macdoon's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Essex
    Posts
    1,503
    If you want to remove the grille to do it then yes you will have to take the bumper off, although there are a few memebers on here who have wrapped the grille surround while it's in place.
    A4 B8 (09) 2.0 TFSI (211)

    Black Gloss RS4 style mesh grille, Black Gloss fog grilles, Black Gloss splitter trim, Ice White fogs, Tints, Black A8 boot rings, Black Badges, Dynamik boot spoiler.

  39. #38
    craig_TDI's Avatar
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Manchester, UK
    Posts
    91
    Quote Originally Posted by Macdoon View Post
    If you want to remove the grille to do it then yes you will have to take the bumper off, although there are a few memebers on here who have wrapped the grille surround while it's in place.
    Ok thanks mate, if iv got plenty left once iv finished the interior I might give it a go without taking it off the car but don't think it would be as good s job as taking it off.
    Audi A4 B7 2.0 TDI (170) S-line

  40. #39
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    90
    I did this back in 2009, heres the linky: 3M Carbon Fibre Wrapping

  41. #40
    craig_TDI's Avatar
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Manchester, UK
    Posts
    91

    Job done :)

    Job done got on with wrapping the interior yesterday, only took me a couple of hours, couldnt be happier with it thanks for all the help and advice







    Sorry for the **** pics... iPhone :/
    Audi A4 B7 2.0 TDI (170) S-line

 

 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Ali interior trim
    By Japper in forum A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 14th April 2005, 20:42
  2. S Line Interior Trim
    By nicks3 in forum A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 14th April 2005, 08:27
  3. Interior trim removal
    By KennyBradley in forum A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 24th December 2004, 17:50
  4. interior trim removal
    By fireblade in forum A4/S4 forum(B5 Chassis)
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 22nd November 2004, 10:38
  5. Interior trim?
    By MisterD in forum A6/S6/Allroad forum (C5 Chassis)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 8th January 2003, 17:18

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO

Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO