Interior trim

craig_TDI

Reaction score
Alright peeps

I'm wanting to carbon wrap my hideous silver fish scale interior trim. Where's the best place to get this stuff from? 3M? eBay? And how much will I need?

Thanks in advance for any help, Craig.

I think you can get some decent stuff from eBay but don't have the link anymore. Make sure you get some pics up once you've done it, would be interested to see the outcome. :sign_pics:

Bit of a thread-jack... but I saw a B6 cab at AITP 2012 which had some white/black marble effect trim... anyone know what material it was or who's car it was??

Ive done my interior trim and a few other bits with stuff from ebay, 3m di-noc carbon is what you want.

Here's a couple of pics of mine using 3M Di NOC from eBay.

IMG_0460.jpg

IMG_0459.jpg

IMG_0461.jpg

I got it from eBay from a company called Carbonprintuk and I bought 3000mm x 1500mm which was way way too much (managed to do the interior trim, b pillar trim, rear bumper insert and the bonnet on my mates T4 transporter van and I still have some left over).

Ive done my interior trim and a few other bits with stuff from ebay, 3m di-noc carbon is what you want.

Here's a couple of pics of mine using 3M Di NOC from eBay.

IMG_0460.jpg

IMG_0459.jpg

IMG_0461.jpg

I got it from eBay from a company called Carbonprintuk and I bought 3000mm x 1500mm which was way way too much (managed to do the interior trim, b pillar trim, rear bumper insert and the bonnet on my mates T4 transporter van and I still have some left over).

Thanks for the replies and info, I'll take a look now and keep you posted, still needing to no how much I'll need tho cos don't wanna not order enough.. Thanks again :)

That looks awesome Greeny! Did you do it yourself and how difficult was it on a scale of 1-10 (10 being the most difficult). Did you use a heat gun to shrink the wrap on etc. Thinking of doing mine after seeing that but not sure if it'd look good as I've got black leathers and not too keen on the matt/satin finish you get with the wrap. My interior trim is currently silver.

have it carbon dipped mate its the future!

That looks awesome Greeny! Did you do it yourself and how difficult was it on a scale of 1-10 (10 being the most difficult). Did you use a heat gun to shrink the wrap on etc. Thinking of doing mine after seeing that but not sure if it'd look good as I've got black leathers and not too keen on the matt/satin finish you get with the wrap. My interior trim is currently silver.

I was thinking the same, I'm not 100% sure about the matte/satin finish either.. Could you not get the trim lackered once it's wrapped in carbon?

Where can I get that done, is it expensive? Sick car by the way mate!!!

Cheers bro,

Not really pal, they dip it and lacquer it so it can be polish'd, im havin some under engine stuff done. Then im going to have the interior trims done as i want the shine that viynal carbon doesnt really give

check these lads out, tell em Danny sent ya they will sort u owt

http://www.hydroprecision.co.uk/

Looks impressive Danny, be interested to see how engine covers turn out. Have they given you turnaround timescale.

no probs lads, there just set up so im gunna try help them as much as i can.

should hopefully have the carbon bits back at the weekend mate then can get them posted up

Cheers bro,

Not really pal, they dip it and lacquer it so it can be polish'd, im havin some under engine stuff done. Then im going to have the interior trims done as i want the shine that viynal carbon doesnt really give

check these lads out, tell em Danny sent ya they will sort u owt

http://www.hydroprecision.co.uk/

Yeah I no what you mean I want it to be shiny as well, nice one pal, I'll take a look.

yeah check em out there on facebook aswell, top lads and they are real good at this :)

Just enquired about getting a gun part coated and despite showing a photo of a rifle on their site they do not do them.

oh yeh, well a dunno bout gun bits lol :)

Gutted, I really wanted their Skullz on my comp gun. Does look a great technique though so thanks for the heads up.

Damn it, more mods to do..... Lol can't wait

Just enquired about getting a gun part coated and despite showing a photo of a rifle on their site they do not do them.

Check out the price section on their site, they have a full price list break down for gun parts, so it seems strange they said no to you.

It does seem an expensive way to do it. Couldn't you wrap trim parts and lacquer them yourself???

Check out the price section on their site, they have a full price list break down for gun parts, so it seems strange they said no to you.

It does seem an expensive way to do it. Couldn't you wrap trim parts and lacquer them yourself???

They replied saying they could not do it as they do not have a license, one of my questions was the legality of sending them a part.
Its a weird shape and subject to a fair bit of abuse. I have been looking online for a kit to do it myself. There are a couple on eBay.

Just ordered myself a 1000mm * 1500mm sheet of 3M carbon wrap off eBay from carbonprintuk.. Gonna wrap a test piece and get it lacquered to see how it turned out, I'll keep you guys posted and update with pics, thanks again for all the help :)

Just ordered myself a 1000mm * 1500mm sheet of 3M carbon wrap off eBay from carbonprintuk.. Gonna wrap a test piece and get it lacquered to see how it turned out, I'll keep you guys posted and update with pics, thanks again for all the help :)

we have tried spraying a carbon wrap before and it didnt turn out too good, got my parts back some of from dipping last night and they look spot on giving that almost real carbon look :)

we have tried spraying a carbon wrap before and it didnt turn out too good, got my parts back some of from dipping last night and they look spot on giving that almost real carbon look :)

Nice one.. Gets some pics up! I stripped the full interior trim out last nite ready to wrap it this week but couldn't resist trying it out so I wrapped one of the rear door trims :)

B11CFB5C-FA11-4F68-BE11-B7CCC6DE1FF6-2591-0000027DF91996F7.jpg

that looks good lad.

yeah ill bang some pics on this dinner

Looking good Craig, funnily enough I did the rear drivers door first too.

Wait until you try and get the ashtray lid off.....;)

If you want to remove the grille to do it then yes you will have to take the bumper off, although there are a few memebers on here who have wrapped the grille surround while it's in place.

If you want to remove the grille to do it then yes you will have to take the bumper off, although there are a few memebers on here who have wrapped the grille surround while it's in place.

Ok thanks mate, if iv got plenty left once iv finished the interior I might give it a go without taking it off the car but don't think it would be as good s job as taking it off.

Job done :) got on with wrapping the interior yesterday, only took me a couple of hours, couldnt be happier with it :) thanks for all the help and advice :)

835E9777-F809-404A-B366-8046C069806D-1810-0000025FF698C92F_zpsc9adf7f8.jpg

918864AE-470E-4167-AABA-47B20513AA03-1810-0000025FE98D2FB8_zps5b388690.jpg

4A7A214C-7E49-4A32-AADB-B294DD8AB10A-1810-0000025FFE81A3F9_zpsc5f39c0f.jpg

Sorry for the **** pics... iPhone :/