Why is the 2.0tdi cabriolet single cam 8v

RMH1A4cab

I'm in Cruise control
Reaction score
I've known this for a while, it doesn't bother me I just wondered why, I also want to clean the egr valve but it's completely different to all the write ups on the Web. :)

same as why the 18T has got 5 gears

RHM1Cab

I cleaned the egr valve on mine
Quite an easy job it requires a Allen key and it's located to the left of the oil cap

It slides in sidways to the exhaust manifold you undo 3 Allen key bolts and it slides out unplug the connector and then clean the valve with carb cleaner
Once clean I just re installed it

I never found any write ups on the net for this type of egr valve

I checked elsawin to confirm and that is the egr valve

Here's some before and after photos

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1347482192180434ImageUploadedByTapatalk1347482219740191ImageUploadedByTapatalk1347482254284349

RHM1Cab

I cleaned the egr valve on mine
Quite an easy job it requires a Allen key and it's located to the left of the oil cap

It slides in sidways to the exhaust manifold you undo 3 Allen key bolts and it slides out unplug the connector and then clean the valve with carb cleaner
Once clean I just re installed it

I never found any write ups on the net for this type of egr valve

I checked elsawin to confirm and that is the egr valve

Here's some before and after photos

View attachment 6885View attachment 6886View attachment 6887

:thumbup: did it make any difference.

Strange the way they differ from model to model even with the same engine.
Mate of mine has just picked up a porsche boxster as a weekend toy and it's only 5 speed.

It didn't seem to make much difference if I'm honest, but it's good to know its clean.

There is also another valve nearer the windscreen the one which has a squarish box on which pokes through the plastic engine cover. I tried to take it off to clean but i was unable to get at the screw to undo it. I'm not sure exactly what it is but Im guessing it will be covered in carbon so next time Ive got some spare time I'm going to investigate :)

Reactions: RMH1A4cab