Starting to buy the parts for the k04 conversion.. Injectors??

Craig Cull

Site Sponsor
Site Sponsor
Reaction score
Hi all, hope ur well :)

Starting to buy the parts for the k04 conversion. Thought I'd start with the injectors and work my way through the bit by bit. I understand that I need the injectors from the S3 8p/ K1 etc. do they have to be genuine Audi parts? Or can I buy some brand new Bosch ones?
Was just gonna buy them, but thought I'd ask 1st. Any help would be great

Cheers :)

Part numbers are

1. 06F 906 036 F: injector (x4) - S3 Injectors
  2. 6D 998 907: injector install kit (x4)
They are bosch so i assume wherever you can get them cheapest? Try ebay.de second hand thats where most of us got them (see the K04 hybrid progress thread as three of us have put our builds on there now)

you'll also need

1. Borg Warner K04 Turbo
  2. 06F 145 751: S3 Intermediate DV flange - allows remote mounting of Diverter Valve £42
  3. 06F 145 757 F – Gaskets for pipes that attach to turbo
  4. 06F 145 757 H: oil return line gasket (to Turbo)
  5. 058 145 757 A: oil return line gasket (to block)
  6. N 910 848 01: Allen bolts (x4) - These are the mounting bolts for the DV into the stock S3 flange
  7. N 013 851 4: sealing washer (x4) - These are the copper sealing washers for the oil and coolant lines
  8. N 908 946 01: hex. nut, self-locking (x5) - exhaust manifold nuts
  9. N 102 861 08: shouldered hex. nut, self-locking (x4) - These are the Downpipe nuts
  10. 06F 253 039 E: Exhaust Manifold Gasket
  11. 06D 109 309C: Cam follower
  12. 06F-129-717-D Intake Manifold Gasket

Part numbers are
  1. 06F 906 036 F: injector (x4) - S3 Injectors
  2. 6D 998 907: injector install kit (x4)
They are bosch so i assume wherever you can get them cheapest? Try ebay.de second hand thats where most of us got them (see the K04 hybrid progress thread as three of us have put our builds on there now)

you'll also need

1. Borg Warner K04 Turbo
  2. 06F 145 751: S3 Intermediate DV flange - allows remote mounting of Diverter Valve £42
  3. 06F 145 757 F – Gaskets for pipes that attach to turbo
  4. 06F 145 757 H: oil return line gasket (to Turbo)
  5. 058 145 757 A: oil return line gasket (to block)
  6. N 910 848 01: Allen bolts (x4) - These are the mounting bolts for the DV into the stock S3 flange
  7. N 013 851 4: sealing washer (x4) - These are the copper sealing washers for the oil and coolant lines
  8. N 908 946 01: hex. nut, self-locking (x5) - exhaust manifold nuts
  9. N 102 861 08: shouldered hex. nut, self-locking (x4) - These are the Downpipe nuts
  10. 06F 253 039 E: Exhaust Manifold Gasket
  11. 06D 109 309C: Cam follower
  12. 06F-129-717-D Intake Manifold Gasket

Thanks spider, very useful information, what's the crack with the install kit? I've read the link from Solaris but he didn't mention an install kit?

so will the car run properly with all the above? And a remap?

I'll keep my eye on this. Let me know about costs when got all bits. This is my next step but money is too tight at present. Good luck with the project and keep us all posted

install kit is the seals etc not tools, you could risk reusing the old ones but for the cost why would you?

With the K04 on it the car runs brilliantly! see the other thread where we all log our builds but in my experience its the car the DTM or S-line special edition always should have been. Ideally Audi would have just done us all a favour and used the S3 engine in it but hey ho! So the K04 for me gives factory driveability and reliability with lots more ooomph! The cost to benefit in my opinion is well worth it! in fact with experience i'd do the turbo, injectors and HPFP before exhaust or anything. you can usually pick up a used K04 for £400-£600 and get the injectors on german ebay for say £150 and the HPFP internals for £300 so all in youd be looking at about £1k for an improvement of 150nm and 100horses! now considering a milltek and a decat is over £1k i know which id start with ;)

good luck on the project, i have found this fourum and in particular people like solaris and Bez very friendly and helpful.

Reactions: Craig Cull
i will keep you all posted guys as things progress, its not going to be a very fast job, so i will add pics etc as i progress and keep you all in the loop :)

install kit is the seals etc not tools, you could risk reusing the old ones but for the cost why would you?

With the K04 on it the car runs brilliantly! see the other thread where we all log our builds but in my experience its the car the DTM or S-line special edition always should have been. Ideally Audi would have just done us all a favour and used the S3 engine in it but hey ho! So the K04 for me gives factory driveability and reliability with lots more ooomph! The cost to benefit in my opinion is well worth it! in fact with experience i'd do the turbo, injectors and HPFP before exhaust or anything. you can usually pick up a used K04 for £400-£600 and get the injectors on german ebay for say £150 and the HPFP internals for £300 so all in youd be looking at about £1k for an improvement of 150nm and 100horses! now considering a milltek and a decat is over £1k i know which id start with ;)

good luck on the project, i have found this fourum and in particular people like solaris and Bez very friendly and helpful.

ahh i see. ive managed to order all the parts that you listed minus the turbo its self, through audi. theres a couple of part numbers i cant seem to match. 1 is for the dv flange and the other is locking bolts on the down pipe. unfortunately i missed the injectors by £1 on ebay lol. so thats slowed things down a tad.

i went on the german version of ebay, but my german is little or non lol, so im struggling to find parts on ther lol! so far every part number has been found straight away so im very gratefull for your advise :)

I've put mine on hold until next year,just got turbo so far,but funds need to be built back up after the brakes and wheels.Have fun with yours.cheers Andy

the brakes is a must so i think youve definatly gone the right way about it lol! 1 thing ive found with mine is it does take some stopping, but wana get my moneys worth out of the existing discs and pads.

i dont think im gonna put those HUGE calipers youve put on tho andy! as good as they look, id like to go for a bigger disc with the 19's, so think im gonna go for the 911 turbo calipers. yours do look awesome tho mate! :)

350mm is plenty,but i could get adaptors and bigger two piece discs later if needed ,but these have loads of stopping power.I might buy more bits this winter,but save up for fitting costs and rods to do next year,plus i want to do the springs this year for comfort.

Looks like i will have to start saving the pennies as this seems like a mod worth doing! Will the standard exhaust and intercooler be ok with the K04?

I'd recommend you change the clutch too, the increase in torque will reduce the life of the std one dramatically and inevitably you'll have to change anyway.
Unless your doing track days the B7 321mm setup is adequate. To improve the setup I swapped out the pads for some Hawk HPS added braided brake lines and there has been no fade to date. Just very sharp braking, improved pedal feel and very low dusting from the pads.I was going to change the brake fluid but noticed the stock fluid is DOT 4 and has a slightly higher wet boiling point (170 degrees Celsius) and Dry boiling point (265 degrees celcius)than any other DOT 4 fluid i've seen.

on the brakes front you can do a search to see how to upgrade to bigger S4 discs on the front by simply changing the caliper carrier. Makes a huge difference and fills the wheels nicely. I'm sure i ordered the carriers from america for less than £100 and the discs were about the same. £200 brake upgrade? well worth it! also check on the other RS forums as many B7 owners sell the B7RS4 brakes when they upgrade? Here is the difference in calipers from when i did mine, i'll find the links for the discs and carriers.

8019472252_752dc9691c.jpg

ahh i see. ive managed to order all the parts that you listed minus the turbo its self, through audi. theres a couple of part numbers i cant seem to match. 1 is for the dv flange and the other is locking bolts on the down pipe. unfortunately i missed the injectors by £1 on ebay lol. so thats slowed things down a tad.

i went on the german version of ebay, but my german is little or non lol, so im struggling to find parts on ther lol! so far every part number has been found straight away so im very gratefull for your advise :)

#tip - there's a little translate to English icon on eBay.de, it'll make your .de shopping a little easier :yes:

If I left the turbo as it is, what sort of power gains are achievable? How much is it to get the turbo hybridised?

i reckon the hybrid conversion is about £600, Solaris can confirm. You'll get the same torque regardless as the torque needs limited due to the spec of our engine but you'd see about 30-40 more ps with hybrid. £250 for the K04! what a bargain!! you lucky bugg#r! :)

got some s3 injectors and possibly APR pump coming up for sale. my K04 has died a horrible death so need to raise some funds :(

i reckon the hybrid conversion is about £600, Solaris can confirm. You'll get the same torque regardless as the torque needs limited due to the spec of our engine but you'd see about 30-40 more ps with hybrid. £250 for the K04! what a bargain!! you lucky bugg#r! :)

i know mate, I couldn't believe my luck!! To be honest as long as I get over 300bhp ill be happy coz it just lacks umph.

got some s3 injectors and possibly APR pump coming up for sale. my K04 has died a horrible death so need to raise some funds :(

sorry to hear that mate, may have a k03s if your dropping the k04? What would you be wanting for the injectors and fuel pump?

i was hoping they could rebuild my k04 but apparently not so it's brand new k04 built to hybrid spec for £1500 :(

i was hoping for £400 the pair tbh

i was hoping they could rebuild my k04 but apparently not so it's brand new k04 built to hybrid spec for £1500 :(

i was hoping for £400 the pair tbh

Oh dear, not good, turbo timer could be a wise future investment? Or is it another type of failure?

ok we'll the lad I got the k04 from maybe supplying me some injectors aswell, as he wants my injectors. So if it falls through ill pm you for both, or just the fuel pump, what's ur price for the fuel,pump?

iv run K04 for a good few years and never used a TT
iv snapped the shafts a few times tho.
aslong as the K04 you have got is in good nick you should be paying around £350+ to have it hybrid.

iv run K04 for a good few years and never used a TT
iv snapped the shafts a few times tho.
aslong as the K04 you have got is in good nick you should be paying around £350+ to have it hybrid.

Yeah the turbo's only done 30k, no play in the shaft at all. Dunno if I wana spend the extra cash tbh. Just wana get it fitted now vie bought it lol!

Hi Bez, after reading a fair few posts you seem to know your way around the TFSI, it's all new to me i was into the 1.8T.

the turbo seized up, i thought this would merely be a case if rebuild as i was not gunning it when it happened. here's what i got back today after thay had assesed the turbo

Hi Olly,

Bad news I’m afraid. A number of irreplaceable major components are damaged, including the turbine shaft and the bearing housing ring area. I have attached a few images to illustrate the problem.

The wear within the turbocharger suggest heavy thrust loading, which is more often than not as a result of turbocharger rotor overspeed. This can be caused by a number of things, including an aggressive remap, leaking boost hoses, faulty MAP/MAF sensor etc. Can you remember the conditions under which you were driving? Often they fail in this way when under load, accelerating hard.

The bottom line is that we cannot source the required replacement parts and as a result can only offer a replacement turbocharger. A standard unit is available for £733.89 + VAT, or alternatively we can build the hybrid turbocharger for £1250.00 + VAT (I have reduced both of these prices as I am sure this is not what you wanted to hear!)

Let me know what you think and how you wish to proceed.

sound right to you?

Yeah the turbo's only done 30k, no play in the shaft at all. Dunno if I wana spend the extra cash tbh. Just wana get it fitted now vie bought it lol!
iv used KO4's from 15K cars iv removed them so i know it was a gen 15K
it lasted 2300 miles before if ****ed up and was only running around 300 hp
its a good idea to have it checked doesnt cost to much for peace of mind
they have a crap shaft and can not be replaced alone.

Hi Bez, after reading a fair few posts you seem to know your way around the TFSI, it's all new to me i was into the 1.8T.

the turbo seized up, i thought this would merely be a case if rebuild as i was not gunning it when it happened. here's what i got back today after thay had assesed the turbo

Hi Olly,

Bad news I’m afraid. A number of irreplaceable major components are damaged, including the turbine shaft and the bearing housing ring area. I have attached a few images to illustrate the problem.

The wear within the turbocharger suggest heavy thrust loading, which is more often than not as a result of turbocharger rotor overspeed. This can be caused by a number of things, including an aggressive remap, leaking boost hoses, faulty MAP/MAF sensor etc. Can you remember the conditions under which you were driving? Often they fail in this way when under load, accelerating hard.

The bottom line is that we cannot source the required replacement parts and as a result can only offer a replacement turbocharger. A standard unit is available for £733.89 + VAT, or alternatively we can build the hybrid turbocharger for £1250.00 + VAT (I have reduced both of these prices as I am sure this is not what you wanted to hear!)

Let me know what you think and how you wish to proceed.

sound right to you?

sounds legit
who are the company ?
what i would do is buy second hand if you can get a good price and let them work on it
but i have fell unlucky a few times doing it this way.
or call round and get the best price or something like this
450HP Turbo Kit for B7 Audi A4 2.0T FSI : atpturbo.com

iv used KO4's from 15K cars iv removed them so i know it was a gen 15K
it lasted 2300 miles before if ****ed up and was only running around 300 hp
its a good idea to have it checked doesnt cost to much for peace of mind
they have a crap shaft and can not be replaced alone.

no probs, do you suggest anywhere within the Yorkshire area that could do this for me? Sounds like its worth hybridising then? Just for peace of mind

my turbo had covered ~10k, did full service upon fitting then directly to MRC for mapping, died after 500 miles :(

will the hybrid be more robust? or is that hoping for too much?

This sounds bad, coz I'm only doing this for more power. Touch wood the k03s has given me no problems in 2 yrs. so the last thing I would want to do is jeopardise reliability for power. After all that's the main reason I went German 5 yrs ago. This is slowly starting to put me off if I'm being honest. Is it the conversion that lacks reliability? Due to insufficient cooling? Or something as bad? Coz my mates s3 had 360 bhp with the same map, obviously with a k04. Had 85k on it and it was sound and went like split s?!t and had been running this power since its early days.

no probs, do you suggest anywhere within the Yorkshire area that could do this for me? Sounds like its worth hybridising then? Just for peace of mind
i always use AET turbos
personaly i have never had a problem with them i always go direct
also they can supply the braided lines you need no pissin around with the ones on with bending etc and for there warranty you need to have changed them anyway.
i had 1 problem with them a seal was leaking a small amount i took it to them stripped checked was there fault cost me petrol and £68 quid as they fitted 2 new oil lines while it was stripped.

This sounds bad, coz I'm only doing this for more power. Touch wood the k03s has given me no problems in 2 yrs. so the last thing I would want to do is jeopardise reliability for power. After all that's the main reason I went German 5 yrs ago. This is slowly starting to put me off if I'm being honest. Is it the conversion that lacks reliability? Due to insufficient cooling? Or something as bad? Coz my mates s3 had 360 bhp with the same map, obviously with a k04. Had 85k on it and it was sound and went like split s?!t and had been running this power since its early days.

you got me a lil wrong
the K04 is a good turbo and lasts well
but its second hand it may be ****ed already or on its way thats why its worth the few quid to have it checked
360hp on a normal K04 are you sure he wasnt biging the power up ?

you got me a lil wrong
the K04 is a good turbo and lasts well
but its second hand it may be ****ed already or on its way thats why its worth the few quid to have it checked
360hp on a normal K04 are you sure he wasnt biging the power up ?

ahhh, im with ya now. so no matter what get it checked out and hybrid then it should be ok? ther is a possibility he could have been bigging up the power, but jesus it was fast coz he lent me it for a day and to be fair, it was as quick as my impreza sti, if not quicker, that was running 360bhp for definate. but if im being honest ther was nothing in writing to prove the s3 was running that much power. i just dont want to get this wrong, even if it takes a a few months longer to get it to a safe and reliable power.
the cars in daily use aswell.