Badger5Volks Autos
    Reverse Gear

Status

limp mode please help

hi folks, new to this forum so please forgive me if i am going over old ground.
    my wife was driving her 2.0tdi 06 plate on sunday when the glow plug light started to flash, she pulled over and rang me ( over 100 miles away ) i told her to carry on home and would look at it in the morning. She rang back to say the car was very sluggish and would not rev over 3000rpm. Any way she got home safe and sound.
    In the morning i stared the car, no glow plug light but still wont rev over 3000, took it to a local independant and he said the turbo was knackered as it was hardly turning. Is this stuck vains and can be cleaned or do i need to give him £1150.00 of my hard earned.
    Any help would be great. Dave

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    id not be giving £1150 to any one for a turbo **** thats a lot try these guys if you do need a new one priced mine at £335+vat but id looking to cleaning it first

Prestige Engine Products Limited
    UNIT 7, Hanbury Wharf
    Hanbury Road
    Droitwich
    Worcs.
    WR9 7DU
    01905 792211 'phone

Reverse Gear

Status
    Thanks Simon I will ring them in the morning, any idea if sticking vains will stop it from reving ?

3rd Gear

Status
    Get it scanned for fault codes before you throw any money at it. A dodgy MAF sensor will put the glow plug light on & kill the performance.
    A4 Avant B6 1.9 TDI 130 Sport (6) Moro Pearl Blue, GMBH S Line Kit, Decat, 165bhp remap, EGR delete, K&N panel, Dunlop SP Sport Max, Full Leather, Cruise Control, Full DIS, Bose, Audi phone prep, Cooled Glove Box, Rear privacy glass, Rear parking assist.
    2003 Seat Ibiza 1.2 TSI FR in Lima green.

Tiptronic

Status
    Does the DPF cause the glow-plug light to flash or does it have it's own warning light?

Car: 2007 A4 3.0TDI Quattro S-Line Cabriolet
    Mods: Pipercross Panel Filter, Smarttop, LED Plate Bulbs, LED Interior Bulbs, Blue LED Needles, Remap, EGR Delete, Custom Stainless Exhaust (4" Slash Tips), Cupra-R Splitter, Embossed Number Plates, 19" BBS CH Reps & Vredestein Ultra Sessanta's, 12mm TPI Spacers, -30m H&R Springs, MTEC Black Edition Brakes (Dimpled & Grooved), Mintex Pads, RS4 RARB, Vibe Square Subwoofer in Ski-pass & Alpine MRP-350 Amp

VCDS - PM for details (East Midlands)

Reverse Gear

Status
    sorry jj not sure what you mean by DPF. The light is not on at the moment but it still wont rev. someone said if you disconnect the battery it will reset the ecu, is this right?

3rd Gear

Status
    DPF = Deisel Particulate Filter.
    Failed MAF will do what you describe, but get the car scanned as it's guess work until you do that.
    A4 Avant B6 1.9 TDI 130 Sport (6) Moro Pearl Blue, GMBH S Line Kit, Decat, 165bhp remap, EGR delete, K&N panel, Dunlop SP Sport Max, Full Leather, Cruise Control, Full DIS, Bose, Audi phone prep, Cooled Glove Box, Rear privacy glass, Rear parking assist.

Shark Performance In Scotland

Status

My Social Networking

Follow Brodster On Twitter Add Brodster on Facebook
    You havent said if its a 140 or 170 TDI because if its a PD140 then they dont have a DPF as your car is a 06 plate. I believe the DPF's were introduced when the CR versions came out........can someone clarify this please. As said before get a scan done of the car and then take it from there.
    Last edited by Brodster; 12th September 2012 at 10:42.
    Angelwax/BBS/BCS/Bilstein/Cobra/CTS Turbo/DTUK/H&R/K-Sport/KW/Loba/Milltek/Shark Performance/Oz Racing/TPI/VCDS/V-Maxx/Vossen/Wagner

1st Gear

Status
    unplug the maf sensor and see if it will rev over 3000rpm, this would give u an idea if it is maf sensor!

Neutral

Status
    Are you sure it hasnt got into limp mode due to the DPF being close to full? I would get it plugged into a diagnostic machine to check that first before spending hundreds/ thousands!

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Cribbon View Post
    unplug the maf sensor and see if it will rev over 3000rpm, this would give u an idea if it is maf sensor!
    Works on petrol VAG cars, & some deisels, but to my knowledge will put Audi TDI's in to limp. Does on mine for sure.