Monster MotorsportEM Tuning
    Reverse Gear

Status

Post What Premium tyres would you Recommed?

Can anyone help..

I recently brought a new motor 2.0 T FSI Quattro, the car is Solid.. The only thing it needs doing before the MOT is replacing the front tyres.

At the moment I'm running Continental Sport Contact - 235 40 18 95Y and although the price for a new tyre is a bit steep at £145, I will replace them if their good but I've had mixed reviews about the tyres, some say there good & others say they perished after 2,000miles.

I haven't got a clue because on my last car I had Falken ZE192's and they where spot on but most people say i should put some decent tyres on, at least premium ones?

I've had a look around and I found 2 other premium tyres and the prices are below.

Dunlop SP Sport Maxx £139
    Pirell P Zero Rosso £136

But would I look like a Gippo with 2 different tyre sets on the car lol

What would you guys recommend?

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status
    Keep all tyres matched mate

Reverse Gear

Status
    Yeah I've heard people say that too

3rd Gear

Status
    i have recently put 4 vredestein ultrac sassantas on my a4 235 40 18 £111.00 each plus delivery from the tyremen online so far i think they are very good the car just feels so planted if you know what i mean . i was reading reviews for weeks before buying all had good things to say about them

4th Gear

Status
    I can highly recommend the Vredesteins. Or if you can stretch that far, Michelin Pilot Sport 3's.
    3.0 Tdi Q A4 Avant S-Line Dolphin Grey
    RNS-E retrofitted

6th Gear

Status
    My Toyo Proxes have been awesome, both wet & dry, but I will defo be ordering Vredestein Ultrac Sessantas next as just had a drive of my mates Quattro with them on and ....... F**k me they are superb.
    A4 B8 (09) 2.0 TFSI (211)

Black Gloss RS4 style mesh grille, Black Gloss fog grilles, Black Gloss splitter trim, Ice White fogs, Tints, Black A8 boot rings, Black Badges, Dynamik boot spoiler, LED interior, LED number plate lights, Brushed steel vinyl wrapped interior.

4th Gear

Status

What Premium tyres would you Recommed?

I got Michelin's. They're fantastic!
    Imola Yellow A4 DTM. Retro fit cruise and arm rest.
    Contact Admin to advertise please

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by yendall24 View Post
    i have recently put 4 vredestein ultrac sassantas on my a4 235 40 18 £111.00 each plus delivery from the tyremen online so far i think they are very good the car just feels so planted if you know what i mean . i was reading reviews for weeks before buying all had good things to say about them
    I will look into these, I just can't believe the price...

Reverse Gear

Status
    Michelin's are good, although they are over my budget lol

4th Gear

Status

I paid 184 each for mine

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisa4quat View Post
    I paid 184 each for mine
    I get them for 168 inc delivery, just trying to decided which would be best. I might stick conti sport contact because my rear's will be the same too, I don't want to replace all 4 tyres just the front two.

4th Gear

Status

Mine were fitted. Our tyre machine isnt up for 235/45/18's. Any premium or good quality tyre should be fine. It's all about personal preference

Neutral

Status
    Ive got pirreli p zero on my S4 and i wouldnt reccommend them. Falken fk452 are better, i had them on my S3

Tiptronic

Status
    +1 for the Vredestein Ultrac Sassantas.

I got £150 each for 235/35/19 and can't fault them, especially in the wet...

Car: 2007 A4 3.0TDI Quattro S-Line Cabriolet
    Mods: Pipercross Panel Filter, Smarttop, LED Plate Bulbs, LED Interior Bulbs, Blue LED Needles, Remap, EGR Delete, Custom Stainless Exhaust (4" Slash Tips), Cupra-R Splitter, Embossed Number Plates, 19" BBS CH Reps & Vredestein Ultra Sessanta's, 12mm TPI Spacers, -30m H&R Springs, MTEC Black Edition Brakes (Dimpled & Grooved), Mintex Pads, RS4 RARB, Vibe Square Subwoofer in Ski-pass & Alpine MRP-350 Amp

VCDS - PM for details (East Midlands)

Neutral

Status

Sorry to hi jack your thread, but which ones of these mentioned in here, have the "lowest noise level", Michelin, Vredstein, Conti or Dunlop?

5th Gear

Status
    Cant rate the new Conti 5's High enough. Bought them during the summer and done about 10k km's in them todate. Brilliant in the wet, and much quieter road noise from the Conti 3's...in fact I would push it, to say they were the best performing tyre I have used to date!

Cheers
    A
    Last edited by Molnboman; 12th September 2012 at 18:57.

quattronly

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by THERMT View Post
    Ive got pirreli p zero on my S4 and i wouldnt reccommend them. Falken fk452 are better, i had them on my S3
    Were they Rosso?

Chugger

Status

P zero rosso's! Very good allrounders, very stable in the wet
    57 A3 2.0 TDI Sportback (140)

Looking for Zombies !!

Status
    I have Rossos all round, not too noisy good grip and quite good wear levels, but I do drive like a granny

JSD 2.59
    Synergy-Solutions

1st Gear

Status
    i used to run Mitch pilot sports.. they were an ok all-rounder, but bloomin pricey!

so ive shifted over to Toyo Proxes, as thats what Audi put on the RS3 & RS5 as standard.. first impressions are good and they're cheaper than the Mitches.

that said, the B7 RS4 boys on RS246 all rave about the Vreds, so maybe i'll try them next

goose
    Current:
    '08 Carbon Black BMW X5 3.0sd M Sport|Full white interior bulb kit|White LED Halos|De-badged
    '72 Sunburst Yellow VW Karmann Ghia Coupe - 1641cc|Engle 110 Cam|Weber 34 Carb|dropped spindles|Porsche 911 black leather interior

Past:
    '06 Phantom Black Pearl Audi B7 S4 - Milltek non res|BMC Panel|034 25mm RARB|SuperPro poly bushes|Apikol poly Snub|H&R Springs|H&R 10mm rear spacers|LCR Splitter|R8 caps|JCap|RS4 Pedals|EBC D/G disks & yellow pads|HEL brake lines|White sides/DRLs|De-tango'd

1st Gear

Status
    Make sure you get a price from Cheap Tyres Discount Tyres Buy Tyres Online & Japanese Import Car Parts Spares Tuning Performance Servicing Accessories as they seem to be the cheapest around.
    I got my Falken 452's from there very recently and they have been a good tyre so far.

I'm sure most forumites will tell you to get the best you can afford as tyres are the only thing between you and the road surface.
    2005 B7 A4 2.0T in Moro Blue

Interior, Number Plate & Sidelight LED's from T8ups, 18" 9 Spoke TT Wheels.
    BGB Engine Code.

5th Gear

Status
    I'm on Uniroyals on the front and Dunlops on the back, wanted something mid-range and they work brilliantly. Couldn't source any Vreds and Michelins cost a fortune.
    Nathan

Red Audi A4 B7 S-Line with Leather/Alcantara interior

Current Mods: Painted Brake Calipers, Gear-driven oil shaft assembly, RS4 grille, Debadged, B8 MFSW, Cruise Control, RS4-style Fog Surrounds, Satin Black Cupra R Splitter, RS4 RARB, Clear Corner headlights, 2011 RNS-e, MTEC Drilled and Grooved Brake Discs.

5th Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Follow ruffrida On Twitter Visit ruffrida's Youtube Channel
    I would highly recommend the Bridgestone Ptoenza, expensive and can only be replaced in 4's, which is best practice anyway really.

They are around £600 a set, but still work really well at low tread, i had 4 on me Focus St and they were sticky but hard wearing
    B6 1.9tdi Quattro Avant Sport:
    My Build Thread = http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/a4-a4-c...so-begins.html

Coming soon: -35mm Springs, Colour coded FOG grills, Trip stalk upgrade.
    Wish List; FMIC, BV43 turbo, Bigger Remap, Fat Clutch,Full Stainless, S4 Brakes, 5m mspacers - front, 10mm spacers rear, MFSW.

Grumpy Old Man

Status
    I can't fault the Falken ZE912. I have used them on two different A4s, including a brand new set fitted last month on a 3.0TDi, and find them excellent. Grippy, responsive, quiet and smooth-riding, they knock spots off the Continetals that were on before. As far as I'm concerned, it's a premium tyre for a mid-range price.

Mind you, I drive like Sidibear's granny.
    A4 3.0TDi SE Quattro Auto. Factory-fit: RNS-E/bluetooth; F/R parking sensors; full leather/heated front seats; cruise. Retrofit: Remap; Eibach 30mm lowering springs, RS4 RARB; MTEC drilled/grooved discs; 18" RS4 alloys; VW fan washers; Kinetic Digitizor DAB; Blackvue DR380 camera; front armrest; ambient lighting; white LED lights; autodim mirror; Cupra splitter; S-Line door blades; tints; UK pressed plates; MFSW; SDS; TPMS; LED Taillights and DRLs. RS aluminium pedals

1st Gear

Status
    Always had the Dunlop sport MAXX and they are fine on my DTM
    2002 Silver S3 225bhp SOLD

1995 Cavalier Turbo 4x4 - 265bhp

AUDI A4 DTM - Silver

5th Gear

Status
    Those are the ones I have on my rears although the price was somewhat higher than the Uniroyals when I needed fronts.

Can't say I'm a fan of Bridgestones, my Seat Leon chewed through the Bridgestones after 8000-9000 miles. Good grip but don't last.
    Nathan

Red Audi A4 B7 S-Line with Leather/Alcantara interior

Current Mods: Painted Brake Calipers, Gear-driven oil shaft assembly, RS4 grille, Debadged, B8 MFSW, Cruise Control, RS4-style Fog Surrounds, Satin Black Cupra R Splitter, RS4 RARB, Clear Corner headlights, 2011 RNS-e, MTEC Drilled and Grooved Brake Discs.

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeeves View Post
    Were they Rosso?
    #

Yea rosso, not much tread left on them now so il be changing to either falken or Vredestein Ultrac Sassantas
    I think the road noise on the rossos is quite bad, but that could just be me or my car

1st Gear

Status
    I also have a 2.0 tfsi quattro.I would highly recommend p Zero Rossos. Very quiet and seem to do the miles very well..Just a word of warning with quattros make sure there isn't a lot of difference in tread depth between the front and back as this can lead to traction issues pulling away from standstill. It could also put a lot of strain on your quattro gearing..Good luck with your new car mate

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by pburv View Post
    I also have a 2.0 tfsi quattro.I would highly recommend p Zero Rossos. Very quiet and seem to do the miles very well..Just a word of warning with quattros make sure there isn't a lot of difference in tread depth between the front and back as this can lead to traction issues pulling away from standstill. It could also put a lot of strain on your quattro gearing..Good luck with your new car mate
    Alright mate, i was gonna get the Vredestein Ultrac Sassantas for the fronts because I haven't heard a bad thing about them & considering the price I just thought I'd be silly to not get them. On my rear's I still have the Conti Sport Contact the tread on them are still newish I'm guessing at least 6m so I thought I'll still keep them.

As I won't get much if i did sell them, eventually I will replace the rear's to Vredestein Ultrac Sassantas.

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by jdp1962 View Post
    I can't fault the Falken ZE912. I have used them on two different A4s, including a brand new set fitted last month on a 3.0TDi, and find them excellent. Grippy, responsive, quiet and smooth-riding, they knock spots off the Continetals that were on before. As far as I'm concerned, it's a premium tyre for a mid-range price.

Mind you, I drive like Sidibear's granny.
    Although I don't drive like a granny lol I can agree with you & say that the Falken ZE192 are good I had them on my last A4 also, I just want to try something else that's why I'm thinking on getting the Vredestein Ultrac Sassantas..

2nd Gear

Status
    You really need to keep all 4 the same.

I've run the Conti-Sports but hated them on my S4, really poor grip in the wet.

Toyo Proxes were good, Michelin by far the best but at a price.

Neutral

Status
    Quattro? You need to replace all 4 tyres at the same time... false economy not to cos the different tread depths will stress the transmission.

2007 A4 Avant 2.0pd 170 quattro S-line special edition
    1990 VW T3 Westfalia Atlantic 2.1 wasserboxer running lpg

Chugger

Status

Quote Originally Posted by SebRogers View Post
    Quattro? You need to replace all 4 tyres at the same time... false economy not to cos the different tread depths will stress the transmission.
    Really, I new this was the case with the crappy old 4x4s, but I'm
    Fairly sure torsen and haldex systems run really forgiving tolerances! If it was a concern, it will say in the handbook
    57 A3 2.0 TDI Sportback (140)

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by sportstractor View Post
    Fairly sure torsen and haldex systems run really forgiving tolerances! If it was a concern, it will say in the handbook
    AoA recommend that the tyre tread depths need to be within 4/32" (3mm) IIRC to avoid stressing the Torsen centre diff.
    2006 RS4 Avant (Phantom Black), RNS-E (2010 version inc SDS, HW 070, SW 0220) with AMI (250GB hard disk), Bluetooth + iPhone 5

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by sportstractor View Post
    Pretty sure it does, somewhere

2007 A4 Avant 2.0pd 170 quattro S-line special edition
    1990 VW T3 Westfalia Atlantic 2.1 wasserboxer running lpg