Monster MotorsportBadger5
    4th Gear

Status

Question for those in the know - A4 remaps

I am thinking of remapping my A4. could you advise of a few decent places that can do decent remaps please?

Are revo generally the best about as this seems to be the choice of most.
    as its a stage 1, Am I right in thnking that I wouldnt need to upgrade anything on the car like you would to carry on to stage 2?

and for a stock turbo, would a remap put added pressure or wear on it? My car is on 124k and still running on stok turbo.. with this in mind is it wise to remap with that turbo or does it not make a difference.

Thanks
    Current - 2006 B7 A4 S Line Saloon 2.0T TFSI Special Edition, Unicorn stage 1 remap, Metallic Dolphin Grey, 18" TTRS Rotors, Ferrari Red front/rear Calipers, 3.5" Powerflow tailpipes, BOSE, Cupra R splitter, Chrome grille slats, S4 Mirror covers, Black/silver leather interior, Debadged, Arm rest delete, LED plate lights, Dectane LED Red/Crystal tail lights, HID 6k, RS 4 pedals, Rev D D/V, APR snub mount, NGK 7s

Gone - 2005 B7 A4 Avant 2.0 TDI

2. # ADS
    ADS

Tiptronic

Status
    If you car is well maintained, i.e. regularly serviced and looked after when problem arise a remap should have no effect on it's reliability. If however the added power of a remap makes you change your driving style (more right foot) that is what will cause more wear etc, as it would without a remap.

Engines are built well within a tollerance and to meet EU standards amongst other things from the factory, a remap's main source of power gain is adding about 0.15bar to the turbo boost, then adjusting fuel ratios and timings etc to compensate and make the most of the engine.

If you have existing problems with the car, a remap will only make them more noticable, not cause them. Go for the remap! Where are you based?? R-Tech in Hinckley are excellent from personal experience, but it depends where you are...

Car: 2007 A4 3.0TDI Quattro S-Line Cabriolet
    Mods: Pipercross Panel Filter, Smarttop, LED Plate Bulbs, LED Interior Bulbs, Blue LED Needles, Remap, EGR Delete, Custom Stainless Exhaust (4" Slash Tips), Cupra-R Splitter, Embossed Number Plates, 19" BBS CH Reps & Vredestein Ultra Sessanta's, 12mm TPI Spacers, -30m H&R Springs, MTEC Black Edition Brakes (Dimpled & Grooved), Mintex Pads, RS4 RARB, Vibe Square Subwoofer in Ski-pass & Alpine MRP-350 Amp

VCDS - PM for details (East Midlands)

4th Gear

Status
    What engine is your car? Petrol or Diesel? Power?

Diesel engines do not rely so much on boost increases as do petrol cars. Diesel turbos are also much less tolerant to boost increases compared to petrol engines in terms of durability. Let us know your exact spec and we can advise. Stage 1 and 2 are essentially marketing terms and don't mean a great deal. A completely standard car can be remapped, we adjust the map to match and and all specifications.

Thanks, Rick
    Unicorn Motor Developments. Bespoke Calibration and Remapping Services
    www.unicornmotordevelopments.com

4th Gear

Status
    Mine is a Diesel 2.0 TDI. And stock 140bhp. B7 2005.5

I did have a speedhawk xxl chip on it, which made it boost a shed load but I removed it for fear of prematurely killing the turbo.
    That being said I put it on to save fuel as opposed to being right foot heavy.

Im in norwich, but I travel to manchester alot so i guess that opens up flexibility in where I could go.

It may be worth noting that when I got the car I did have some problems with it. Im pretty sure the prev owner did not take it for servicing as often as it should have been.
    since I have had it its had a top engine rebuild and a new cam belt and kit (due to snapped cam tensioner bolt)
    new EGR valve unit and a re wire of a part of the electrical system due to a fault.
    I have had a cat back quad tip exhaust fitted recently also.
    Current - 2006 B7 A4 S Line Saloon 2.0T TFSI Special Edition, Unicorn stage 1 remap, Metallic Dolphin Grey, 18" TTRS Rotors, Ferrari Red front/rear Calipers, 3.5" Powerflow tailpipes, BOSE, Cupra R splitter, Chrome grille slats, S4 Mirror covers, Black/silver leather interior, Debadged, Arm rest delete, LED plate lights, Dectane LED Red/Crystal tail lights, HID 6k, RS 4 pedals, Rev D D/V, APR snub mount, NGK 7s

Reverse Gear

Status

Question for those in the know - A4 remaps

I'm from Manchester with exactly the same car as you. I'm going for a remap at awesome gti not far from the Trafford centre shopping centre.
    Heard great things about them as a company and have all singing and dancing equipment there, plus it's always has a few cars there to ogle.

6th Gear

Status
    Your car is listed here,
    http://www.revotechnik.com/resources..._%20301111.pdf
    You should achieve 185 which is a big difference.
    I am running a Revo Remap and loving it !
    Her 2011 Limited Edition A4 Dynamik 2.0 Tfsi quattro 211 BHP Saloon & Mine 2013 Bmw 535D M Sport 313 Bhp 630nm.
    ***Audi's In The Park***The Biggest Audi Event In Europe 10th August 2014*** http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/audis-park-aitp-2014/221933-audis-park-2014-show-10th-august-billing-aquadrome.html
    Reputation given for the best answer.

6th Gear

Status
    Or Apr seems a good choice.
    Her 2011 Limited Edition A4 Dynamik 2.0 Tfsi quattro 211 BHP Saloon & Mine 2013 Bmw 535D M Sport 313 Bhp 630nm.
    ***Audi's In The Park***The Biggest Audi Event In Europe 10th August 2014*** http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/audis-park-aitp-2014/221933-audis-park-2014-show-10th-august-billing-aquadrome.html
    Reputation given for the best answer.

4th Gear

Status
    Well we are in Stockport so very close to you also. Our maps are written in house and fully customised to your car if you want something a little more special than a generic stage 1 map I would also highly recommend having the EGR valve disabled for long term reliability and drive ability.

Thanks, Rick

1st Gear

Status
    Rick, when you map out the EGR valve do you blank it off? Rason for asking is (i'm not sure on this yet) but my EGR valve might be playing up. Therefore if you just map it out it might still cause problems?

4th Gear

Status
    Hello Jas,

yes we blank it out. However, you can get away with not blanking it depending on what is wrong with it. If it is stuck shut (which is the most common) then the map is all you need. However if it is stuck open it needs blanking.

Thanks, Rick

1st Gear

Status
    Hi Rick, I get intermittant lumpy running from cold until the engine is warm. I think mine might be stuck (or sticking) shut?

4th Gear

Status
    Rick, are you able to Pm me with some more info and a rough quote for a standard stage 1 remap?
    Ive also had a new EGR valve unit fitted within the last couple ofm months. Cheers