SOMEONE PLEAASE HELP IN CAR PHONE 3.0 B7 A4

Scottwilliamson

Reaction score
I have recently bought the 3.0 A4 s-line and i am curious about how to get the in car phone operational. I need to order the holder and the phone and where do i get this from and what exactly do i need to order. ??

If you've got the phone prep youve also got Bluetooth so don't necessarily need the holder as long as you've got rns-e sat nav or multi-function steering wheel to control the calls...

Reactions: TurboJeff
What do you mean by the phone prep? i dont have the sat nav but i do have the multi function steering wheel.

I presumed by 'in car phone' you have the blank plate either on the dash or in the armrest?

Cool. Then should be as simple as turning on the ignition, scan for bluetooth devices on your phone- usually comes up as Audi-UHV or similar in the list. Default pin is usually 1234 - should pair with phone then you can make receive calls through the cluster using steering wheel

excellent thank you very much i will go and try that right now and see how i get on and let you know what happens.

probably i have not read it little bit due to laziness and i was on here anyway!

Yeah I have got it to work now I was trying it before but putting 12345 as the pass key but 1234 worked fine. I was using an iPhone to do it with and to answer you still have to push the answer button on your phone or is there any other way.?

The left-hand thumb wheel pushes in as well as spins. Spin to choose from address book and push to dial. Push to answer a call too. Numbers/names appear in the DIS

Stupid question but how do you know if its bluetooth or not, mines in the armrest.... i did a scan on me phone but it didnt pick anything up!!

As far as I'm aware as I've never come across one that isn't - Bluetooth and phone prep always coexist as the phone module is standard and only difference is that phone prep includes a physical cradle.

As far as I'm aware as I've never come across one that isn't - Bluetooth and phone prep always coexist as the phone module is standard and only difference is that phone prep includes a physical cradle.
The very earliest Audi phone module (in 2004) didn't have Bluetooth, but there's very few of them around - so it's a fair assumption that if there's a cradle you have Bluetooth.

Stupid question but how do you know if its bluetooth or not, mines in the armrest.... i did a scan on me phone but it didnt pick anything up!!
The Bluetooth is only discoverable for a short time after turning the ignition on, so you have to turn the ignition on and then search for and pair with it straight away.

Reactions: TurboJeff
does anyone know where you can get the phone that sits in the cradle ??

You buy the cradle that suits "your" phone, ie..if you have an iPhone, you buy the iPhone cradle.
Cradles can be bought from the dealers for around £100.

Where about can i get this iphone cradle ? You are speaking about the cradle that is in the armrest?

Where about can i get this iphone cradle ? You are speaking about the cradle that is in the armrest?

I think your a bit confused mate.
The plate in your armrest, is what the cradle attaches to.
So as said, you need the cradle that suits your brand phone, and as advised already by me and B5NUT, you can buy it from your local dealer, or from Stoke Audi on this site.

Hope that helps fella.