Lowering springs for a B7 saloon

astradti16v

Reaction score
I am looking to buy a set of lowering springs and have narrowed it down to two sets for my B7 saloon.

It is either the Eibach or H&R lowering springs. Has anyone got pictures showing the drop with either of these springs?

Thanks.

Search function if your friend...

Also it depends if you're looking at the 30mm or 45mm (H&R) or the sportline (I think?) or the other model of Eibach.

I've got 30mm H&Rs on my A4, but it's not a saloon so probably of no use to you. The 45mm H&R springs make it sit as it should've done from the factory.

Its a fwd 2.0 Tdi Sline. Sorry I should have mentioned im looking at the 45mm H&R kit or the Eibach sportlines..

Go H&R better drop stance in my opinion you should get it to 40-45 mill just right

eibach sportsline with 19 rotor alloys and 10mm spacers on rear, no issues

IMG_1225.jpg

I have Eibach Sportlines on my Avant and the ride is superb, ALOT better than the standard S-Line set up....

image_zps1d905cc6.jpeg

IMG_2724_zpsc59528ed.jpg

I have Eibach Sportlines on my Avant and the ride is superb, ALOT better than the standard S-Line set up....

image_zps1d905cc6.jpeg

IMG_2724_zpsc59528ed.jpg

What do you use to keep it shining?

Some good pics there! Is it just me or does the front sit slightly higher on both the H&R 45mm and Eibach Sportlines? I've just bought a set of H&R 45mm to replace a broken set of FK coilovers, i'm in two minds wether to get a B5 perch plate too?

Depends if ur quattro and s-line as they are different again, neither do 40/50 lowering springs for the quattro, just 30 is it (all i can find), same with s-line. the 40/50's are for non sline/quattro cars. this is probably as it's 25 lower already..

Coilovers your option if you want lower.

Good post guys.

What shocks would you get with the sportline suspension?

35mm H&Rs are only for FWD cars, 45mm for Quattros.

I have 35mm H&Rs on standard S Line shocks.

Reactions: CHEZ
there is a deal on here for tein super street for just over £500 from jbs auto designs.

Last edited:
another question in here
would either eibach sportline / H&R springs be fine with stock Shocks?
on a S-line quattro

They're all fine with stock shocks.

Reactions: TOM.S
Hi
Will be upgrading to 18" wheels from my 16" ones shortly on my 2005 B7 SE (aka poverty spec). Will be getting H&R springs, but should i lower this by 35mm or 45mm? Fancy the latter but want to be 100% sure won't have any issues by going 45mm lower. Also this H&R springs set is only 160 euros (+ 10 euro delivery) from germany, but does anyone know if its the 35mm or 45 mm set?
H&R Fahrwerksatz, Federn 29368-2
Cheers :)

Hi
Will be upgrading to 18" wheels from my 16" ones shortly on my 2005 B7 SE (aka poverty spec). Will be getting H&R springs, but should i lower this by 35mm or 45mm? Fancy the latter but want to be 100% sure won't have any issues by going 45mm lower. Also this H&R springs set is only 160 euros (+ 10 euro delivery) from germany, but does anyone know if its the 35mm or 45 mm set?
H&R Fahrwerksatz, Federn 29368-2
Cheers :)

They are 45mm springs for 6 cylinder quattros, If your car is FWD and not 6 cylinder you need 29369-1.

Cheapest I could find when I got mine were Larkspeed.com, £152

They're all fine with stock shocks.

S Line suspension IMO is probably not the most comfortable....and my car on 65K could do with a refresher on the ride handling....

Any recommendations on a shock / spring setup?

Can someone pls confirm that these H&R springs will be ok for my 05 plate B7 saloon (FWD)?
H&R Fahrwerksatz, Federn 29369-1

Cheers

I already said you need 29369-1, do you not trust me:laugh:. Google the number or check on the H&R website!!

Does seem a bit steep, they can be a bit of a PITA and time consuming, maybe the garage has done and struggled with plenty before!! I wouldn't pay that tho, I'd be thinking more 150-200.

Reactions: psychopomp1