Buying a new car. A little help please!

troopa

Reaction score
So I've found a nice car And the seller says the clutch is heavy so will need replacing. How can I check this as I'm new to diesels?
Also it has had new camshaft shells and pulleys as he states it was noisy. Does this sound right, what would cause that?
Im going to view it so what should I look out for?
Oh also it's the 1.9tdi 115 engine. Would that be pd engine? Is that a good engine to buy.thank you.

Clutch is expensive to fix budget at least 600+ othet bits i cant help with sorry !
115 bhp in a b7 is going to be very very sluggish mate cant you find a decent 140 or 170 ?

To be honest im actually looking for a b but they're no where at the minute. not for under 5k anyway.

A yellow and black stripy flying thingy?:moa:

why deisel and not petrol engine?

A "b6" sorry guys. Typo.
Diesels seem to be cheaper to tax, insure and better mpg, unless you know otherwise?

HI Troopa. Yes you are right they are cheaper to tax and do give better mpg,but unless you do more than 10000 miles a year you won,t get the financial benefit of a dieasel due to the higher fuel cost over petrol and also the higher premium diesels seem to have ..:yes:

I do over that. 15,000 last year. plus the 1.9 tdi is cheaper on tax, I have looked at petrol ones but I'm going to hold out for the one I want as I would hate to regret the purchase.

I do over that. 15,000 last year. plus the 1.9 tdi is cheaper on tax, I have looked at petrol ones but I'm going to hold out for the one I want as I would hate to regret the purchase.

That sounds like a good plan. It's so easy to get lured into buying the first car you see, but the fact is, there are loads out there, and with patience, you will find exactly what you want. Good luck.