2005 Audi A4 2.0tdi 140 ticking - rattle - tractor - sound any suggestions thanks!

Mazzerdod

Reaction score
Hi I have a 2005 Audi A4 2.0tdi 140 it lost all power i.e. no boost the other week after the car was left for a few hours and when restarted the power was back, but the throttle was hanging between gear changes i.e when you changed gear for example from 3rd to 4th at 2500k the revs stayed at 2500k and did not drop?

I gave the car a good run to clear it out plenty of black smoke and went really well but since then it has developed a rattle most noticable when cold sounds like a heat shield rattling but it's not this.

She is a little better when warm but the rattle dissapears when engine braking or light throttle/cruise but is apparent when ticking over and when accelerating?

The garage I use for servicing and repairs suspected the dual mass so had a new flywheel and clutch but didn't fix it.

The car has also had a recent cambelt kit and balancer shaft conversion so it can't be this.

It has also been on a snapon scanner and the only fault code was a couple of heat plugs, if I was to guess the sounds appears to be coming from the turbo side of the engine, it has been serviced and it also had the conversion from chain drive balancer module to mesh type gear drive so it can't be that?

Any advise would be gratefully received!

does your car have a DPF?

Hi thanks for your reply this is really doing my head in I bought the car for my other half & our daughter last year Jessica's our first child and I wanted a decent family car for them and it's been nothing but trouble cost me thousands in engine repairs already sorry for the rant!

How would I check if it has a DPF fitted? I seem to remember reading that the early B7 didn't have a DPF?

What are you thinking spazmatron?