Calling all 2.0tdi quattro owners!

gary3306

VCDS Map User
Gold Supporter
Reaction score
Going to have a look at a 2.0tdi 170 quattro tomorrow. Just wondering what peeps mpg's are like. My 1.9 is a bit thirsty to be honest but I'd be happy with the same mpg from the 2.0 for the extra hoof (and to get a car with a 6th gear again :) ).

Since getting the caravan, the outfit match with the 1.9 is a bit near the max. The 2.0 along with quattro will throw the van about, hence the desire for a switch. Its a late 07 plate with just 34k on.

Expect about 40MPG (maybe 44MPG on a run) although I've no idea what it'll drop to with a caravan behind it. Can't say I've noticed any issues towing a motorbike, but there's not a lot of weight or hight there! My car's averaged 10k miles per annum without any DPF lights, but its worth asking the same question about a car that's only averaged 7kpa. I assume with your mods you've got access to VCDS, so worth checking it out if you can.

Sprited driving gives me 34 - 38 mpg

Just make sure you're aware of all the issues with the 170 like injectors and rough idling....as they're more troublesome than the mpg:shutup2:

I get up towards 40mpg with mine, other than being heavier on fuel than my last motor it is a great car. (thus far)

2007 2.0 TDI 170 Quattro Manual saloon (standard... not chipped)
80% motorway (ave speed on motorway 85-90)
10% urban (30-40)
10% hoofing it!! on country lanes (which I love.... but drinks the fuel)
Average tank to tank from last 5 fill ups is 37.5mpg