Finally got my new wheels!!!

AjM

Living in Blissful Ignorance
Reaction score
Whats the concensus? I am not 100% sure if I like them, they are BBS VZ 18x8 ET37...

1small.jpg
2small.jpg
3small.jpg
wheelsmall.jpg

Love that pic especially how the tree is reflected on the bonnet. What products you use to get that shine?

As for the wheels, I like it although I feel that maybe the original that were on it before maybe well suited.

Do you a pic of your previous wheels to compare? First thoughts is that they are ok but don't look like Audi oem's which is what I would try and go for if it was myself....but that just my humble opinion. Your car looks in really nice nick btw!

Cheers
A

Whats the concensus? I am not 100% sure if I like them, they are BBS VZ 18x8 ET37...

I think your disappointed and looking for reassurance, well your right they look awful.
I cant believe they are BBS, they look more like Halfords you would put on your Clio, sorry!

Thanks, I use Autoglym Super Resin Polish and then the High Gloss Shine. You can't tell it has 114k can you? As for the wheels, no i am not sure about them, I liked them before i fitted them, anyone got any thoughts on light alternatives that arn't Pro Race.

Hi AjM.I had a vauxhall vectra sri on a t 99 plate with oem wheels like that. They looked ok on a vectra but not too sure about the look on an Audi. sorry mate:puke2:

Like your avant but the wheels have to come off. You need to stick to OEM as they would suit better. The rims look too small.

Good luck with another set.

I'll sit on the fence with these... It could be the angle of these pics doesn't help get a good side view. If it isn't the camera angle then I think there may still be options.

Lower it or even just do the B5 spring plate mod on the front and space the wheels out slightly - it'll help no matter the wheel design and make an already nice avant look all the nicer!

Edit: I'd also swap out the Audi badges for BBS ones

Last edited:
Hi AjM.I had a vauxhall vectra sri on a t 99 plate with oem wheels like that. They looked ok on a vectra but not too sure about the look on an Audi. sorry mate:puke2:
You took the words out my mouth I had a black estate and it looked similar sorry

I'm really not keen, but as with everything of this nature, it all comes down to personal preference and if you're happy with them...then stick with!

Good looking car though, especially given the millage!!!

Mu fears have been confirmed, I stil think the wheels are nice but not on this avant. What about Interlagos Turbine alloys off a Scirroco, they are really the only other wheels I like that I can afford now?

Can't see them working either tbh... I know they're all the same group but I still see vw as a lesser brand and therefore wouldn't want to cheapen my car putting vw wheels on it!

What about 19" RS6 reps?

I have gen 18" Rs6 wheels that are too heavy, i would not want to go for heavier 19 wheels and wouldnever fit reps. I don't want 19 either as I like the ride of 18 and have tyres! The fact they are wheels fitted as standard to VW matters not one jot to me!

I think your disappointed and looking for reassurance, well your right they look awful.
I cant believe they are BBS, they look more like Halfords you would put on your Clio, sorry!

I have to agree.....they just look wrong.

They really do look like vectra wheels from 2 generations ago.....but it's ok, my GF likes them :tumble:

Ok then, opinions on these?
Aluminijske felge 18 rial lugano slika 14878439

Yeah i think i have to agree with the majority. Not my cup of tea.

The alloys in the pic you posted are better!

Have you thought about 3sdm's bud?

I have but bit aggressive, the ones in the pic are really lightweight too so i have bought them! Pics in a week or so! BBS VZ now for sale? :icon_thumright:

Ok, 2nd time lucky
New2New3New1

Reactions: BigWillyStyle
Maxxis 235/40/18 95 W XL

Hi AJM. Much better mate..I know you have just bought these wheels but have you thought about audi dtm 18" wheels? They are very light and also look "the dogs b*****ks":footy:ps I forgot to mention nice car mate!

Thanks, i am really happy with them, they are nearly the exct colour of the car! DTM's, yes but did not want toclean them!
Tail pipes are Audi Genuine trims (meant for the 2ltr, but i just welded themn on!), 80mm.