AH FabricationsChris Nott

Thread: leaking roof

fkr
    Reverse Gear

Status

leaking roof

hi all looking for help. just got a 5 yr old a4 cabriolet. hadit week and the roof has leaked . has anyone else had this problem?what can i do ?

2. # ADS
    ADS

Reverse Gear

Status
    hello fkr i had the same problem i was parked on a slope in a heavy downpour and my roof leaked on the front drivers side at the top of the a pillar theres a rubber seal down the a pillar with a hole forming a drain channel to the base of the pillar i just slowly and carefully poked a long piece of stiff wire down the hole to clear a blockage.i then cleaned and reproofed the whole roof using a cabriolet cleaner by autoglym no problems since hope this helps

fkr
    Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by ROB A4 CAB View Post
    hello fkr i had the same problem i was parked on a slope in a heavy downpour and my roof leaked on the front drivers side at the top of the a pillar theres a rubber seal down the a pillar with a hole forming a drain channel to the base of the pillar i just slowly and carefully poked a long piece of stiff wire down the hole to clear a blockage.i then cleaned and reproofed the whole roof using a cabriolet cleaner by autoglym no problems since hope this helps
    Thanks, going to take it back today and ask them to do the above, hopefully this sorts it for me too

Tiptronic

Status
    Cleaning and sealing is a must is water doesn't bead on the roof. I used autoglym the first time I did it, did the job but I've been told 303 cleaner/sealer is a much better product, so I'd recommend that.

If you actually read the A4 cab handbook it says some water ingress is normal...

Car: 2007 A4 3.0TDI Quattro S-Line Cabriolet
    Mods: Pipercross Panel Filter, Smarttop, LED Plate Bulbs, LED Interior Bulbs, Blue LED Needles, Remap, EGR Delete, Custom Stainless Exhaust (4" Slash Tips), Cupra-R Splitter, Embossed Number Plates, 19" BBS CH Reps & Vredestein Ultra Sessanta's, 12mm TPI Spacers, -30m H&R Springs, MTEC Black Edition Brakes (Dimpled & Grooved), Mintex Pads, RS4 RARB, Vibe Square Subwoofer in Ski-pass & Alpine MRP-350 Amp

VCDS - PM for details (East Midlands)