Monster MotorsportVolks Autos

Thread: Faulty TPMS ?

1st Gear

Status

Smile Faulty TPMS ?

Hi all,

Long time lurker yadda yadda...

Can someone tell me if VAGCOM can identify a faulty TPMS sensor?

I have a warning light on my '06 S4, but i'm not sure which wheel/sensor has packed up, and what the cost of repair will be.

Thanks in advance!

goose
    Current:
    '08 Carbon Black BMW X5 3.0sd M Sport|Full white interior bulb kit|White LED Halos|De-badged
    '72 Sunburst Yellow VW Karmann Ghia Coupe - 1641cc|Engle 110 Cam|Weber 34 Carb|dropped spindles|Porsche 911 black leather interior

Past:
    '06 Phantom Black Pearl Audi B7 S4 - Milltek non res|BMC Panel|034 25mm RARB|SuperPro poly bushes|Apikol poly Snub|H&R Springs|H&R 10mm rear spacers|LCR Splitter|R8 caps|JCap|RS4 Pedals|EBC D/G disks & yellow pads|HEL brake lines|White sides/DRLs|De-tango'd

2. # ADS
    ADS

Grumpy Old Man

Status
    Hi, and welcome to the forum.

I didn't know you could get TPMS on the B7. Hope you find an answer.
    A4 3.0TDi SE Quattro Auto. Factory-fit: RNS-E/bluetooth; F/R parking sensors; full leather/heated front seats; cruise. Retrofit: Remap; Eibach 30mm lowering springs, RS4 RARB; MTEC drilled/grooved discs; 18" RS4 alloys; VW fan washers; Kinetic Digitizor DAB; Blackvue DR380 camera; front armrest; ambient lighting; white LED lights; autodim mirror; Cupra splitter; S-Line door blades; tints; UK pressed plates; MFSW; SDS; TPMS; LED Taillights and DRLs. RS aluminium pedals

Reverse Gear

Status
    Ive got it on mine, when i bought mine the sensors and valves had been removed from the wheels so i had the warning light on, a local garage falsley diagnosed the sender unit when it was the fact that the units werent even fitted,Audi units and valves are about £100 each but i got some off e bay from Taiwan for £30 each, hope that helps, the correct valves are alloy as opposed to the normal rubber.

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by jdp1962 View Post
    Hi, and welcome to the forum.

I didn't know you could get TPMS on the B7. Hope you find an answer.
    Thanks jdp.

Yeah its been bugging me for nearly 2 yrs now!!!

Looks like this...

And the manual has this in...

cheers,
    goose
    Current:
    '08 Carbon Black BMW X5 3.0sd M Sport|Full white interior bulb kit|White LED Halos|De-badged
    '72 Sunburst Yellow VW Karmann Ghia Coupe - 1641cc|Engle 110 Cam|Weber 34 Carb|dropped spindles|Porsche 911 black leather interior

Past:
    '06 Phantom Black Pearl Audi B7 S4 - Milltek non res|BMC Panel|034 25mm RARB|SuperPro poly bushes|Apikol poly Snub|H&R Springs|H&R 10mm rear spacers|LCR Splitter|R8 caps|JCap|RS4 Pedals|EBC D/G disks & yellow pads|HEL brake lines|White sides/DRLs|De-tango'd

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by skipsmith View Post
    Ive got it on mine, when i bought mine the sensors and valves had been removed from the wheels so i had the warning light on, a local garage falsley diagnosed the sender unit when it was the fact that the units werent even fitted,Audi units and valves are about £100 each but i got some off e bay from Taiwan for £30 each, hope that helps, the correct valves are alloy as opposed to the normal rubber.
    ooh cheers skip, I'll go check the valve stems now!

You don't happen to know the Taiwanese part numbers do you????

Thansk very much,

goose

UPDATE: Just checked and they are all alloy... i just need to find out now how to identify the faulty one ?!?
    Last edited by g00se; 17th August 2012 at 14:05.
    Current:

Past:

Reverse Gear

Status
    Cant remember the part no but they are allways on e bay, the bateries in the sensors only last a few years so if ones gone the others will soon follow

2nd Gear

Status
    I had them on my RS6 and removed them as simillarly kept flashing up every few months. Also found the alloy and steel together was causing corrosion of the wheel. I just had the rubber valves fitted and the TPMS light never came back on. Hope this helps. Cost all in was about £80 and that was at a main dealers (was in for DRC issues)

5th Gear

Status
    I unplugged the Tpms ecu behind the glove box an my a6, no more annoying light...
    VCDS in North Wales
    2007 A6 3.0TDi S-Line Le Mans Avant , adaptive xenon lights, sunroof, privacy glass, towbar, led rears & randomly rear seat airbags
    1999 Honda S2000 , mcb low milage jap import, fully bushed, mugen exhaust <<< for sale! <<<
    2001 Passat TDi 130 Sport < sold!! http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/Ste_Nova/Passat/PB140007s.jpg

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    lol, well yes unplugging helps, but its one of those pita jobbies, as advised I would have batteries swapped out on all if you want system functioning, but if you go into the tpms module 65 iirc, it will have some measuring blocks to show the sensor signals, should anyway, which then can determine hopefully which one is down.

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by NHN View Post
    lol, well yes unplugging helps, but its one of those pita jobbies, as advised I would have batteries swapped out on all if you want system functioning, but if you go into the tpms module 65 iirc, it will have some measuring blocks to show the sensor signals, should anyway, which then can determine hopefully which one is down.
    Awesome - thanks NHN!

goose
    Current:

Past: