Faulty TPMS ?

g00se

Reaction score
Hi all,

Long time lurker yadda yadda...

Can someone tell me if VAGCOM can identify a faulty TPMS sensor?

I have a warning light on my '06 S4, but i'm not sure which wheel/sensor has packed up, and what the cost of repair will be.

Thanks in advance!

goose

Hi, and welcome to the forum.

I didn't know you could get TPMS on the B7. Hope you find an answer.

Ive got it on mine, when i bought mine the sensors and valves had been removed from the wheels so i had the warning light on, a local garage falsley diagnosed the sender unit when it was the fact that the units werent even fitted,Audi units and valves are about £100 each but i got some off e bay from Taiwan for £30 each, hope that helps, the correct valves are alloy as opposed to the normal rubber.

Hi, and welcome to the forum.

I didn't know you could get TPMS on the B7. Hope you find an answer.

Thanks jdp.

Yeah its been bugging me for nearly 2 yrs now!!!

Looks like this...

tpms.jpg

And the manual has this in...

tpms2.jpg

cheers,
goose

Ive got it on mine, when i bought mine the sensors and valves had been removed from the wheels so i had the warning light on, a local garage falsley diagnosed the sender unit when it was the fact that the units werent even fitted,Audi units and valves are about £100 each but i got some off e bay from Taiwan for £30 each, hope that helps, the correct valves are alloy as opposed to the normal rubber.

ooh cheers skip, I'll go check the valve stems now!

You don't happen to know the Taiwanese part numbers do you????

Thansk very much,

goose

UPDATE: Just checked and they are all alloy... i just need to find out now how to identify the faulty one ?!? :think:

Last edited:
Cant remember the part no but they are allways on e bay, the bateries in the sensors only last a few years so if ones gone the others will soon follow

I had them on my RS6 and removed them as simillarly kept flashing up every few months. Also found the alloy and steel together was causing corrosion of the wheel. I just had the rubber valves fitted and the TPMS light never came back on. Hope this helps. Cost all in was about £80 and that was at a main dealers (was in for DRC issues)

lol, well yes unplugging helps, but its one of those pita jobbies, as advised I would have batteries swapped out on all if you want system functioning, but if you go into the tpms module 65 iirc, it will have some measuring blocks to show the sensor signals, should anyway, which then can determine hopefully which one is down.

lol, well yes unplugging helps, but its one of those pita jobbies, as advised I would have batteries swapped out on all if you want system functioning, but if you go into the tpms module 65 iirc, it will have some measuring blocks to show the sensor signals, should anyway, which then can determine hopefully which one is down.

Awesome - thanks NHN!

goose