Monster MotorsportSky Insurance
    Grumpy Old Man

Status

New wheels on - first pic

Not a great pic, due to the rain, plus parked cars meant I was limited for space and angles.

P1000348.jpg

I know people will say I should lower it, but that's not gonna happen. I love it exactly as it is. In fact, I think it looks the nuts.
    A4 3.0TDi SE Quattro Auto. Factory-fit: RNS-E/bluetooth; F/R parking sensors; full leather/heated front seats; cruise. Retrofit: Remap; Eibach 30mm lowering springs, RS4 RARB; MTEC drilled/grooved discs; 18" RS4 alloys; VW fan washers; Kinetic Digitizor DAB; Blackvue DR380 camera; front armrest; ambient lighting; white LED lights; autodim mirror; Cupra splitter; S-Line door blades; tints; UK pressed plates; MFSW; SDS; TPMS; LED Taillights and DRLs.

2. # ADS
    ADS

Neutral

Status
    Defo needs lowering!
    Audi A4 B7 2.0 TDI (170) S-line

3rd Gear

Status
    Its what you think is the main thing. Looks good. Why are you against lowering it?

Grumpy Old Man

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by craig_TDI View Post
    Defo needs lowering!
    I have old bones, and need the ride height.
    A4 3.0TDi SE Quattro Auto. Factory-fit: RNS-E/bluetooth; F/R parking sensors; full leather/heated front seats; cruise. Retrofit: Remap; Eibach 30mm lowering springs, RS4 RARB; MTEC drilled/grooved discs; 18" RS4 alloys; VW fan washers; Kinetic Digitizor DAB; Blackvue DR380 camera; front armrest; ambient lighting; white LED lights; autodim mirror; Cupra splitter; S-Line door blades; tints; UK pressed plates; MFSW; SDS; TPMS; LED Taillights and DRLs.

4th Gear

Status
    It doesn't help the height that it's half on the pavement.
    Lowering doesn't necessarily mean a harder ride if you get the right springs. Mines better now it's been lowered.
    My mates got a similar wheel/suspension setup and it just doesn't look right being that high.
    Just my opinion.
    3.0 Tdi Q A4 Avant S-Line Dolphin Grey
    RNS-E retrofitted

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by jdp1962 View Post
    I have old bones, and need the ride height.
    Each to there own mate but as said lowering doesn't necessarily mean a harder ride..
    Audi A4 B7 2.0 TDI (170) S-line

Yorkshire & Humber Rep.

Status
    Drop it

quattronly

Status
    Bellas rotas!

Grumpy Old Man

Status
    Thanks everyone for their opinions on the suspension, but I'm leaving it as it is. That's how I like it, okay?

Neutral

Status
    What size wheels ar these mate

Grumpy Old Man

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Smithy ov c.ham View Post
    What size wheels ar these mate
    They're 18-inch.

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

Add N8 on Facebook Visit N8's Instagram Channel
    I think it looks the nuts.

"Will these wheel fit my car PM's will not be replied to, do you research & use the SEARCH button"

Detailing - Wheel Refurbishment - Shark Performance Software - VagbremTechnic Dealer - OEM Retrofitting - Remus - V-Maxx - Goodridge

Grumpy Old Man

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by N8 View Post
    You don't like, huh?

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

I think it looks great.

"Will these wheel fit my car PM's will not be replied to, do you research & use the SEARCH button"

Detailing - Wheel Refurbishment - Shark Performance Software - VagbremTechnic Dealer - OEM Retrofitting - Remus - V-Maxx - Goodridge

Grumpy Old Man

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by N8 View Post
    I think it looks great.
    So what's with the mockery, then?

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

So what's with the mockery, then?
    Your funny, you made me laugh, so I laughed.

VAG Addict

Status
    Looks good! I appreciate what you're saying about not lowering but it would look better IMO. Even s Line shocks and springs would make the difference.

On the other hand sticking with OEM wheels deffinately helps if you are staying as is!
    2009 A4 2.0 TDI (170) Avant S Line Exec. ​Quartz Grey, S Line suspension, Bluetooth phone prep low, AMI, DAB, Symphony III, Leather/Alcantara, rear sun blinds, heated/dimming/folding mirrors and cruise control. Mods so far: BBS LM (reps), needle sweep and dipping mirror on reverse. To come: spacers, rear window tint and badge delete.

Grumpy Old Man

Status
    I've just driven to work in it, the first journey of any note since I put the new wheels & tyres on it. Strange how just a change of tyres can transform a car. The old Contis were well worn on the shoulders, and the car was really starting to wash out in bends. Plus, the Contis were noisy and harsh. With the new Falkens on, the front end grip has sharpened up considerably, and the car is smoother and quieter. All in all, I'm really happy with the way it is.

1st Gear

Status
    Looks cracking mate, was looking at the same wheels myself