Am I missing something by servicing my car myself, (software)?

jakeA42T

Reaction score
Just wondered if I was missing out something important by servicing my car myself couldn't give a rat's @@@@ about stamps, my mate likes to take his JAG to the dealership because he recons they update his software, is this true or aload of pony?

Prob true, I know ford do software updates on a service, bit like taking your phone for repair to a reputable retailer (carphone warehouse etc) they allways update to the latest firmware if it's avalible.

I'd imagine any good remapper could update the software for you for less than rip off Audi dealer servicing. With the B7 being discontinued for a good few years now there wont be any more updates (I doubt) usually they are in the first few years to sort out issues (like the famous decrease power to save warranty clutch and flywheel replacements on the 170tdi when it first came out)

A reputable remap would be your best bet if you really want the software to be up to spec ;)

most b7s are out of warrenty now so i doubt there will be any more updates to software.

aslong as the recipts youve got for what youve fitted are there and youve written on them the date and milage of when they were fitted to the car, thats enough proof of servicing/upkeep for anyone imo.

my mate likes to take his JAG to the dealership because he recons they update his software, is this true or aload of pony?

Depends on 2 things, 1st the manufacturers processes & 2nd the individual dealerships as of course updating software without notifying customers has caused big problems for people later when dirving the car away from dealership, including if its been remapped & now its been overwritten.

I'd imagine any good remapper could update the software for you for less than rip off Audi dealer servicing.

A reputable remap would be your best bet if you really want the software to be up to spec ;)

Remapper has nothing to do with modules being updated with new firmware tbh & I dont know 1 tuner that does this full stop & tbh I dont know any indy running vas with online gekko etc that offers or does this as part of there servicing.

As for rip of servicing, although I do my own, I dont think its all overpriced at all tbh, some have been very reasonable & allot of people buying aftermarket like dealer stamps, horses for courses, but with respect info in your post is a little of base mate.