Wheels changed... Opinions please peeps!! Right/wrong decision

Craig Cull

Site Sponsor
Site Sponsor
Reaction score
Recently changed my wheels to bss after cracking 2 of my lamborghini rims. was devostated at first but in the end it gave me the kick up the **** to change them. im not sure on the outcome, but i would like your opinions please peeps. i thought it was only right to get you all involved!

cheers :)

bbsupgrade.jpg

IMG_0222.jpg

Looks much better but needs lowering sits way to high on those big wheels !!!

Yup, much better on the bbs rims, def needs lowering though! Are they genuine CH's?

cheers guys, glad you approve, think a nice subtle 35mm drop would be nice. both sets are 19s, but for some reason it looks like it sits higher on the bbs. any other suggestions?? im always open to opinions/options :D

Yup, much better on the bbs rims, def needs lowering though! Are they genuine CH's?

yes ther genuine mate :) it just looks way too high i agree, but nothings changed other than the width of the wheel

Blimey.... how long did it take you to change your wheels? All the leaves have fallen off the trees:w00t:

Anyway.... looks great on the BBS rims.... and agree.... needs to go a bit lower.

Blimey.... how long did it take you to change your wheels? All the leaves have fallen off the trees:w00t:

Anyway.... looks great on the BBS rims.... and agree.... needs to go a bit lower.

Hahaha I just spat my drink out when I looked back at them photos

CHs are the way forward mate, I like them better than the lambos, nothing to do with the fact I'm sat on the same wheels much.……

If grill surround, mirror covers & window surround trims were black, it would look damn sight better, red & black always looked nice if done tastefully.

i agree to carry the black wheels off it needs de-chroming and colour coded mirror cover but i prefer the bbs my self.

Hahaha!! I had the black lambo reps on for a year, but also had a red and black Leon cupra r before the Audi, so left the chrome so I didnt have basically a bigger version of the Leon. I didn't even notice the tree's in the background lol!
The bbs have really grown on me, just looks so much higher! Any recommendations for lowering as cheap as poss? Thanks for all your opinions, I appreciate your honesty :)

I realise I am a lone voice, but I don't think it needs lowering at all. I like it as it is, and those new wheels are great, much better than the black ones.

I'm not a fan of dark coloured wheels generally.

I realise I am a lone voice, but I don't think it needs lowering at all. I like it as it is, and those new wheels are great, much better than the black ones.

I'm not a fan of dark coloured wheels generally.

i agree mate, id like to lower it but i dont feel its compulsary plus im not 18 any more and even the dumpvalve is a tad embarrassing lol! plus i dont really want to put all the bushes etc under more pressure and i like the comfort. so i guess ive just made my decision lol!

would anyone recommend using springs? or are coilovers the only long term option. dont really wana spend £700 on some decent coilys

BBS wheels look much better given the cars accessories. Nice one.

i used eibach sportsline springs from larkspeed were £145 if i remember correctly lowered the s line around 20mm all round (40mm on standard a4) and the ride is much improved over the original s line springs and sits much nicer without being too low.

dav

IMG_1357.jpg

Ditto, I have the Sportlines and agree with DavesA4. Wife hasn't kicked off about ride so it can't be any worse! Looks good Dave with the rotors on black car.

I'm guna agree with everyone else's comments, looks 200% better on the BBS rims! Some springs would finish the stance just right. H&R -45mm would be a recommendation, but the eibach sportsline's as previously suggested would be an equally good upgrade.

I'll be the one decenter.. I'd personally sell the BBS's and use the money to buy good quality suspension AND a set of cheaper wheels, last time I priced them up 19" BBS CH's were about £2400 a set! :) edit: just found them for £1400 wow they've come down in price! I'm tempted now..

P.S
Looks awesome on the CH's..

Some good suggestions ther guys!! think ill go for the eibachs just so i keep the comfort there aswell, plus im surrounded by speed bumps for easily a mile in either direction, so its gota have some clearance. managed to get the wheels for an absolute steel to be honest. although i only bought them due to cracking 2 wheels. the money was suppose to be going towards a k04 but that plans gone out the window for a few months lol. im pleased with your responses :)

Give Damian@dpm a shout as he's imho one of, if not the best guy I know for these parts :)

Give Damian@dpm a shout as he's imho one of, if not the best guy I know for these parts :)

Thanks for that :) im just gonna buy the parts bit by bit, then do the conversion as soon as i have al the parts required, so a steady and hopefully less wallet destroying process. haha

Looks sweet mate on the BBSs fella, I put H&R springs on mine giving it a 25-30mm drop once settled, no difference in comfort but looks soooooo much better. Ordred them from Germany, and even inclusive of P&P charges, worked out cheaper than buying from UK! (approx £140 if I remember correctly), not sure if they would make any difference to your car, but have a standard set of OE S4 springs if they are any good to you.

Cheers Abb, I'll probably go for the h&r, just needs a little drop. :)