Chris NottSky Insurance
    5th Gear

Status

Four New Tyres :( arrgghh

Gents,

So I had my bentleys refurbish not long back and knew my tyres were wearing down, the other day i curbed one of them so I called my mate and said i needed it sorting before AITP, so he said he would book it and and while he was painting it he would blast over the others to sort out some minor imperfections.

Anywayyyy today, my tyres were ****ed! propa ****ed wires coming out, if i would have road them all down m1 to AITP i could have been risking a blow out.

Nah im stung for a full set of tyres but in all fairness glad in a way as it could have been really dangerous!

Rant over really lol

2. # ADS
    ADS

Tiptronic

Status
    As frustrating as it is to be forced to buy a new set of tyres... you now get to choose what tyres to purchase! What are your options??

Car: 2007 A4 3.0TDI Quattro S-Line Cabriolet
    Mods: Pipercross Panel Filter, Smarttop, LED Plate Bulbs, LED Interior Bulbs, Blue LED Needles, Remap, EGR Delete, Custom Stainless Exhaust (4" Slash Tips), Cupra-R Splitter, Embossed Number Plates, 19" BBS CH Reps & Vredestein Ultra Sessanta's, 12mm TPI Spacers, -30m H&R Springs, MTEC Black Edition Brakes (Dimpled & Grooved), Mintex Pads, RS4 RARB, Vibe Square Subwoofer in Ski-pass & Alpine MRP-350 Amp

VCDS - PM for details (East Midlands)

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by D2NY G View Post
    Gents,

So I had my bentleys refurbish not long back and knew my tyres were wearing down, the other day i curbed one of them so I called my mate and said i needed it sorting before AITP, so he said he would book it and and while he was painting it he would blast over the others to sort out some minor imperfections.

Anywayyyy today, my tyres were ****ed! propa ****ed wires coming out, if i would have road them all down m1 to AITP i could have been risking a blow out.

Nah im stung for a full set of tyres but in all fairness glad in a way as it could have been really dangerous!

Rant over really lol
    Trust me.....you won't regret buying new tyres Matey.....any proof requiredDriver Paralysed by Part-Worn Tyres | Motoring News | Honest John

Cheers
    A

1st Gear

Status
    Go to camskill.co.uk for excellent tyre prices.
    2005 B7 A4 2.0T in Moro Blue

Interior, Number Plate & Sidelight LED's from T8ups, 18" 9 Spoke TT Wheels.
    BGB Engine Code.

5th Gear

Status
    Nice one lads

Yeah its a shame im been forced into it as iv not got funds to sort a nice set out, im going with ones that are above budgets, least car will be safe, my brother rang me (he works at my mates garage) he said they were dangerous!

Gunna now keep an eye on my tyres these days id recommend you lads to do the same if you dont already

Bentleys might be up for sale anyway when 3sdm release the 0.05's in 19x 8.5 or possibly 9.5
    Last edited by D2NY G; 9th August 2012 at 13:53.

Welsh Audi Nut

Status
    First dibs on them please mate!
    rs4 grill with black wrapped surround,lowered 50/40 on weitec springs,rs4 fog grills,DRL headlights,18" rs4 alloys,Remapped to 175bhp, double din conversion with kenwood dnx7220 headunit,tinted windows,carbon wrapped interior,arm rest retrofit,Led interior lights,ambient light retrofit.Rs4 Pedals,Chrome wing mirrors.

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Rastamouse View Post
    First dibs on them please mate!
    No probs pal, really considering the change

6th Gear

Status
    Pass me my sock

Want to help cure cancer? http://folding.stanford.edu/English/HomePage

loves quattro

Status
    I had the same discovery 2 days before Xmas

1st Gear

Status
    Or buy them from reifen.com - brand tyre, complete wheels and rims superfavourably | Online Shop in Germany. Even with delivery to UK included beats all UK retailers

3rd Gear

Status
    I know there is a first dibs on your bentleys but what price you looking to sell, maybe interested myself?!?!?
    Audi A4 2.0TDi, Lowered on AP coilovers, Sat on 18" 3SDM 0.01, 9.5" rear and 8.5 front, RS6 custom front grill with carbon wrap suround, carbon wrapped door blades and rear defuser, de-tango'ed indicators, blacked out headlights and yellow fogs.

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by bigrich690 View Post
    I know there is a first dibs on your bentleys but what price you looking to sell, maybe interested myself?!?!?
    im not sure as of yet tbh mate, need to check and possible fit ov these new 3sdm alloys see if they would suit

3rd Gear

Status
    Fair enough
    Audi A4 2.0TDi, Lowered on AP coilovers, Sat on 18" 3SDM 0.01, 9.5" rear and 8.5 front, RS6 custom front grill with carbon wrap suround, carbon wrapped door blades and rear defuser, de-tango'ed indicators, blacked out headlights and yellow fogs.

5th Gear

Status
    yeah, bit unsure at mo, gunna whether there gunna be flat or like con caved yet pal

5th Gear

Status

new rubber, bro just sent me the pic, getting refurb'd nah wheel one curb damage others just going over, nice and shiney for AITP

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by D2NY G View Post
    Gents,

Rant over really lol
    Im reading this in disbelief, you let your tyres wear so low that the wire was exposed.
    Dam right irresponsible.
    Lucky you haven't lost control & seriously hurt someone.
    Rant over!
    Audi A4 Avant TDI 170 S-Line
    1992 Saab 900 T16S Convertible

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Molnboman View Post
    Trust me.....you won't regret buying new tyres Matey.....any proof requiredDriver Paralysed by Part-Worn Tyres | Motoring News | Honest John

Cheers
    A
    Let me get this straight, the clown bought part worn tyres with hardly any tread on? so how are they part worn, they are more like completely worn/illegal tyres and in this case it serves him right.

I have bought part worn tyres, but were talking 6-7mm tread (almost new), nothing wrong with these.

I saved over £200 buying 4 Ultra Sessantas part worn and they all have 7mm tread on, with no damage or repairs, no regrets here, just common sense.

Maritus Blue Audi A4 3.0 V6 S-Line TDi 275bhp, 585nm Torque

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by jaygeezer871 View Post
    Im reading this in disbelief, you let your tyres wear so low that the wire was exposed.
    Dam right irresponsible.
    Lucky you haven't lost control & seriously hurt someone.
    Rant over!
    Have to agree with this...there's a reason why you get points for bald tyres...
    07 2.0T SLine SE V2 Quattro, Full Milltek with hi-flow sports cat, APR Stage 2+ 280BHP/325lb/ft, APR HPFP, K&N panel, S4 alloys, Spacers, Black Optics, Eibachs, RS4 grill and fogs, Fog tints, RS4 ARB, RS4 Gearstick, LCR splitter, Black Calipers, Drilled discs, Debadged, Colour DIS, Bose, Adaptive Xenons/DRL, Black/Silver Audi Exclusive leather, Audi Carbon inlays, carbon difuser/B pillars, RNS-E+/Bluetooth, Cruise, Int/ext light packs, Rain/light sensors, mudflaps, LED plate/side/boot/interior

5th Gear

Status
    Totally agree with the comments, since its bin lowered cant really see the tyres, with the main wear on the inner side aswell also addin to this.

Good job was all sorted before owt happen, more tyre care in the future

Reverse Gear

Status
    Dazmo do you know exactly where the tyres came from?

3rd Gear

Status
    As for tyre cost camskill are best as mentioned, I work for a trye wholesaler now and they can't even beat them lol and thats with my discount, I'm getting some cheapies for the front to get me to AITP (trying to fit myself as i'm in training lol) then in a few weeks the cheepies to the back and falkon's on the front. The cheapies im using are cheeper than nankang's but loads better (according to boss) just not as pleasing on the eye, but safety and legallaty are no1 not eye pleasing.
    Ill try stuff out! If you never try and never fail, you will never know and never learn.

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by cjsuk View Post
    then in a few weeks the cheepies to the back and falkon's on the front.
    The usual advice is to have the tyres with more tread/grip on the REAR - as you can control what the front is doing more easily using the steering and throttle, but the back has a tendency to "do it's own thing" and get out of shape much more easily.
    2006 RS4 Avant (Phantom Black), RNS-E (2010 version inc SDS, HW 070, SW 0220) with AMI (250GB hard disk), Bluetooth + iPhone 5