Diagnostic help

prs999

Reaction score
Hi,

I have a bit of an issue with my 2005 2.0tdi Avant.

I have had power and uneven driving problems.
I took the car to my independent dealer who changed the flywheel and clutch and also said that injector 4 was misfiring and not within specification.
The fly wheel change did nothing really to change the problem.
I then contacted Audi uk as some people here have said the injector is a known problem, they agreed to change them as a good will gesture but I had to take the car to an Audi dealer for verification.
I have since taken it to 2 Audi dealers who have said there is no problem (surprisingly enough) and back to the independent dealer who are adamant the injector is at fault.

I have a copy of VAG and a cable, does anyone know how I diagonse an injector fault so I can have a look myself before I call Audi uk again

Cheers

look at the quantity comparisons for the injectors.
if the figures are like;
1) -0.08
2) 0.78
3) 0.02
4) -2.87

then yes youve got a problem with no.4 cylinder. but youd need to have a compression test done to make sure the ecu isnt trying to compensate for something (which its supposed to do). if all the cylinders are the same then by all means jump on the injector as a fault.
but first swap the suspect no.4 injector with say no.3........ see if the -2.87ish figure moves with the swap before shelling out £400 on a new injector.

i dont work with vagcom/vcds at work so cant advise on how to do that with it, but loads of people on here do.

great thanks, i'll have a look, if anyone has any VAG specific advice it would be much appreciated

Cheers

Also i'm assuming the injector change is something I couldn't do myself