RNS E and double Din Conversion

Baz8878

Reaction score
A4 S Line avant 2006

Hi All

I am hoping someone can help meI have just purchased an RNS E unit and plug and play harness from E bay, ordered the double din cage from my local dealer and before all this gear arrives I am trying to get hold of a walkthrough guide of how to instal it all, all the links I can find on the internet lead to a PDF file which is no longer available.

Thanks in advance.

steve

Hi Steve

I've found a working link to a PDF that contains a detailed step by step guide. At the moment I'm looking at installing an armrest however looking to do the same converstion in the next couple of months. It would be great if you can post some before and after pics. How much did the unit/whole gear cost?

Save this PDF just in case the link becomes broken.

http://www.f1computers.force9.co.uk/Downloads_Audi/FULL Installing Sat Nav in A4.pdf

There is also a short video on youtube converting A4 single to double din Audi A4 Single to Double Din Conversion Pioneer Avic F930BT - YouTube

Hope this helps.

Freddy

Thanks for the link it seems a spot on guide. Up to press things not going well. Guy who I have purchased the rns e unit off has dropped the unit so now it does not work. Although I already have sat on my desk at work. Plug and play adaptor with gps aerial 35.00, double din cage off local dealer only £35.00 ( will post part number much cheaper off dealer than e bay) and a map disc also off eBay. So I have all the bits but need to source another rns e unit before I can carry out the mod!!

Finally got the whole thing sorted. Still bought the dropped rns e and had it repaired by a guy in Manchester. Fitted the whole lot this evening and it works spot on. Thanks for the guide freddy worked s treat no where near as complicated as I thought even trimming the climate control only took 10 minutes. All in cost around £300 mainly due to the rns e unit although faulty costing only 60 pounds!!from start to finish probably took about 4 hours but I reckon I could do another in 3 hours max. The only problem I do have which I was not going to investigate tonight is that the parrot no longer works (screen no longer lights up) I only plugged it a into the plug and play adaptor which I am only presuming has some different wiring to the concert but I will investigate further this weekend. I have too pics and measurements of climate control etc I will post these shortly.

Hi Steve

No worries, glad to hear that you got it all sorted :) Could you let me know the part number for the double din conversion cage/frame? I have found one on ebay but with postage its costing around £80, you mentioned that its cheaper to get from dealer rather than ebay.

Also what harness would I need for my Audi A4 B7 2005? Is there a link on ebay that you can post just so I can have an idea.

Would be great if you can post some pictures of your work.

Thanks

B7 is quadlock already, it shouldnt need adapter loom at all, although radio reception maybe impared due to newer style radios using different antenna system.

B7 is quadlock already, it shouldnt need adapter loom at all, although radio reception maybe impared due to newer style radios using different antenna system.
Not all B7s have Quadlocks, early ones (like my July 2006) had Series II radios - so with them you do need a wiring and an antenna adapter (and you don't get the radio reception problem when you do the RNS-E retrofit).

Ironically Dave, my 1st post was the very same lol then I thought about it & edited, then I changed it back as I couldnt remember, then couldnt get online to edit again after consulting elsa lmfao, thank god you posted as I couldnt decide lol