OEM Xennon colour temp

V6 Quatt

Reaction score
Hi All,
Do you know what the OEM Colour Temprature is for my Bi Adaptive Xenons 4300k or 6000k?? even the dealer didnt know

Not sure as I need to replace a bulb so shopping around.

Thanks in advance

I'm sure somebody else could be more helpful than me but i think it's the Phillips D2S 4100k. If all else fails, take a bulb out and you will get a direct replacement off the part number off the bulb.

I don't know if these are the same as my 2010 A3 was but it had 4300K IIRC. I think the OEM standard is usually 4300-5000K though so if you can get something in that range I don't think that it would look much different from standard. Hope that helps!

I believe it's a D1S bulb rated between 4100-4300k in colour temperature. I'm after a pair of 6000k bulbs myself. Can anybody confirm whether bulb types were ever changed from D1S to D2S? I very much doubt it as the headlight unit remained the same.

I recently got original oem bi-xenons installed on my B7 and they came with Philips 4300k D1S bulbs. However i swapped them for a pair of 5000k Osram Xenarc Cool Blue. The Osram's are far, far better...light is whiter, more range and a lot cheaper than the Philips oem's (around £120+vat from Audi).

Replacement Osram D1S Cool Blue Intense Upgrade Cool Blue Intense...

Or you can get then from Germany for 72 euros (or 60 euros exc vat if buying for a business):
KfZ-Halogen-Scheinwerferlampe Osram Xenarc Cool Blue D1s Intense | voelkner - direkt günstiger

Yeap 4300 & change in pairs as colour will look of.

B7 have always been D1S, B8 is D3S.