Flashing glowplug light, loss of power, eps light on limp mode etc...

Av4nt

Reaction score
Apologies if this is a repeat post which im sure this issue maybe..but im on a mobile and cant really do thorough searches on forums on a mobile phone at 3:30 am on the side of a dual carriageway!

cutting most of this short ive been told by an AA tow driver that it maybe a brake light switch.
Can a simple switch really cause all this ****?? :

Loss of power
Glow plug flashing light
Limp Mode/no acceleration
ESP light
brake lights permanently on ??

I thought my turbo had gone initially...but nothing is smoking out the back.
, none of the tail lights or healights are dimming so i dont think it would be the alternator. I will obv have it run through a diagnostics later on this morning by AA first off to find out what it is bringing up code wise if anything... but *** if it turns out to be brake light switch why can't audi spend more of their money on making sure simple things dont break and cause electrical chaos! :banghead:

Im hoping it is that and not some failing ECU problem etc :(

I love audi but i also hate them.

Well it was towed to a garage and the core read came up with about 9 codes lol, all sorts of rubbish. Brake light switch being one and it looks like may possibly be an ECU error or just electrical short somewhere. boo :(

ive been told by an AA tow driver that it maybe a brake light switch.
Can a simple switch really cause all this ****??
Yup, check the brake switch and both brake light bulbs.

just an update for any future readers. Garage called this morning to say that the electrics had shorted out due to a wiring harness being melted. Melted by.. i think he said the turbo pipe of somesort and had shorted out against the pipe after melting through the wire housing. Handy...

I am quite crap at names for most things as a learner on car parts under the bonnet lol so ill post a pic up later if thats indeed all it was to show the offending pipe!