AH FabricationsMonster Motorsport
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    5th Gear

Status

B7 A4 --> S4 Replica with pics!

So I decided that my A4 was boring (as far as stock A4's go). Having looked at a few S4's on the B7 chassis it really didnt appear much different on the exterior so I thought I'd pretty much replicate it as I am in the poor club and can't afford a real one <br><br>It's pretty much spot on although the exhaust system I had fabricated along with slightly bigger tailpipes than the miltek setup as the miltek S4 system was freaking extorntionate,&nbsp; and there was naff all point in spending out on miltek running on a diesel engine! so the tailpipes are a little different but alas...here she is....

2. # ADS
    ADS

Status
    Looking good

3rd Gear

Status
    its hard to see in the photos but have you put the s4 door blades on i cant tell? looks like you've sorted the exhaust out ok with the s4 rear defuser and crome door mirrors
    Audi A4 2.0TDi, Lowered on AP coilovers, Sat on 18" 3SDM 0.01, 9.5" rear and 8.5 front, RS6 custom front grill with carbon wrap suround, carbon wrapped door blades and rear defuser, de-tango'ed indicators, blacked out headlights and yellow fogs.

5th Gear

Status
    No bigrich that's the only thing i've not fitted are the door blades. In all honesty I will probably won't bother with those
    Current - 2006 B7 A4 S Line Saloon 2.0T TFSI Special Edition, Unicorn stage 1 remap, Metallic Dolphin Grey, 18" TTRS Rotors, Ferrari Red front/rear Calipers, 3.5" Powerflow tailpipes, BOSE, Cupra R splitter, Chrome grille slats, S4 Mirror covers, Black/silver leather interior, Debadged, Arm rest delete, LED plate lights, Dectane LED Red/Crystal tail lights, HID 6k, RS 4 pedals, Rev D D/V, APR snub mount, NGK 7s

Gone - 2005 B7 A4 Avant 2.0 TDI

6th Gear

Status
    Love the look, Dolphin Grey best colour but I am biased lol. Wheels look really good, but maybe the S4 badges need to come off IMHO.

Mac
    A4 B8 (09) 2.0 TFSI (211)

Black Gloss RS4 style mesh grille, Black Gloss fog grilles, Black Gloss splitter trim, Ice White fogs, Tints, Black A8 boot rings, Black Badges, Dynamik boot spoiler, LED interior, LED number plate lights, Brushed steel vinyl wrapped interior.

3rd Gear

Status
    Mac has a point, it's all well making your car look like an S4 but badging it up like one, well lets just say your a lier lol
    Audi A4 2.0TDi, Lowered on AP coilovers, Sat on 18" 3SDM 0.01, 9.5" rear and 8.5 front, RS6 custom front grill with carbon wrap suround, carbon wrapped door blades and rear defuser, de-tango'ed indicators, blacked out headlights and yellow fogs.

1st Gear

Status
    Looks good, dolphin grey is the best colour. I think the S4 badges need to go too, but then people wouldn't realise that it is an "S4". Could do with OEM xenons or projector lights too. That would finish the car off nicely.
    2008 A5 3.0TDI

loves quattro

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by ben.w93 View Post
    I think the S4 badges need to go too, but then people wouldn't realise that it is an "S4".
    Which it isn't to be fair...... Personally I think the badges look good, and you'll 'get away' with them as long as you don't start the engine!
    However, on principle they shouldn't be on there. It's a bit like fitting 'quattro' badges to a fwd model

3rd Gear

Status
    I could just imagine you pulling up along side a fast car, you reving your car and going to set off and plodding away

4th Gear

Status
    Looks sweet. Loose the badges
    Torque the Torque

VAG Addict

Status
    It does look good but...

S4 badges don't belong there IMO and the rear one looks like its in the wrong place.
    Not a fan of the wind deflectors - they make it look a bit 'caravan club' to me.
    Your front bumper alignment looks out making the gap between the leading edge of the bonnet and the grill too large.
    The chrome strips on the air intakes look naff and remind me of foreign cab drivers who try to tart up their mini cabs by adding chrome bling round every line of their (normally Japanese) sh1t heap.
    Lastly, the wheels look like they sit too far into the arches and would benefit from spacers.
    2009 A4 2.0 TDI (170) Avant S Line Exec. ​Quartz Grey, S Line suspension, Bluetooth phone prep low, AMI, DAB, Symphony III, Leather/Alcantara, rear sun blinds, heated/dimming/folding mirrors and cruise control. Mods so far: BBS LM (reps), needle sweep and dipping mirror on reverse. To come: spacers, rear window tint and badge delete.

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by dubdemand View Post
    It does look good but...

S4 badges don't belong there
    +1

Nice job, but badging it something it isn't is naff IMHO.
    2006 RS4 Avant (Phantom Black), RNS-E (2010 version inc SDS, HW 070, SW 0220) with AMI (250GB hard disk), Bluetooth + iPhone 5

3rd Gear

Status
    Don't you just love it when you put all that hard work into your car and everyone comes along and crushes your dreams lol.............now do as your told and rip them badges off

VAG Addict

Status
    Lol... On reflection my I feel my post above was slightly harsh. It does look good and you should be really chuffed with it. It's your car at the end of the day and if youre happy with it then who can tell you different!

Thanks for taking the time to share it with us - it is a nice looking Avant!
    2009 A4 2.0 TDI (170) Avant S Line Exec. ​Quartz Grey, S Line suspension, Bluetooth phone prep low, AMI, DAB, Symphony III, Leather/Alcantara, rear sun blinds, heated/dimming/folding mirrors and cruise control. Mods so far: BBS LM (reps), needle sweep and dipping mirror on reverse. To come: spacers, rear window tint and badge delete.

Abb
    2nd Gear

Status
    Looking good! Think it needs the door blades to finish it off, and either the removal of the S4 badges, or at least reposition the tailgate one so it sits where it should.
    Audi S4 quattro cabriolet in dolphin grey metallic, Audi exclusive crimson red leather/black piping, red hood, carbon inlays, RNSE, tiptronic gearbox with paddleshift, electrically adjustable & heated seats, 6 disc multichanger, DVD multichanger, monitors in headrestraints, xenon headlights with power wash, cruise control, folding door mirrors, storage pack, 19" OE VW Touareg wheels with 25mm spacer/adapters all round, non res cat back quad tipped Milltek exhaust, lowered 30mm on H&R springs

1st Gear

Status
    nice avant

5th Gear

Status
    Agree with abb
    07 2.0T SLine SE V2 Quattro, Full Milltek with hi-flow sports cat, APR Stage 2+ 280BHP/325lb/ft, APR HPFP, K&N panel, S4 alloys, Spacers, Black Optics, Eibachs, RS4 grill and fogs, Fog tints, RS4 ARB, RS4 Gearstick, LCR splitter, Black Calipers, Drilled discs, Debadged, Colour DIS, Bose, Adaptive Xenons/DRL, Black/Silver Audi Exclusive leather, Audi Carbon inlays, carbon difuser/B pillars, RNS-E+/Bluetooth, Cruise, Int/ext light packs, Rain/light sensors, mudflaps, LED plate/side/boot/interior

3rd Gear

Status
    Lol... On reflection my I feel my post above was slightly harsh. It does look good and you should be really chuffed with it. It's your car at the end of the day and if youre happy with it then who can tell you different!

Guilt trip lol redeemed

6th Gear

Status
    It does look good but...

S4 badges don't belong there IMO and the rear one looks like its in the wrong place.
    Not a fan of the wind deflectors - they make it look a bit 'caravan club' to me.
    Your front bumper alignment looks out making the gap between the leading edge of the bonnet and the grill too large.
    The chrome strips on the air intakes look naff and remind me of foreign cab drivers who try to tart up their mini cabs by adding chrome bling round every line of their (normally Japanese) sh1t heap.
    Lastly, the wheels look like they sit too far into the arches and would benefit from spacers.
    Just say what you really feel! lol

Personally i think it looks great, but will be embarrassing when any show of real power is required!

With the amount of money you have probably spent, you could have bought a real S4 B7!

Maritus Blue Audi A4 3.0 V6 S-Line TDi 275bhp, 585nm Torque

5th Gear

Status
    I only spent £700!! Only things i put on are the exhaust, valence, grille and badges, everything else was as it is when I bought it so really wasnt too bad lol.

Cars a nightmare anyway im gonna sell it, its back in the garage with an electrical fault or something i don't trust it. so its gonna have to goooo

As fo the rear badge... it was placed whilst sat beside my friends B7 S4 which is real lmao and its exactly the same. So i dunno.
    Current - 2006 B7 A4 S Line Saloon 2.0T TFSI Special Edition, Unicorn stage 1 remap, Metallic Dolphin Grey, 18" TTRS Rotors, Ferrari Red front/rear Calipers, 3.5" Powerflow tailpipes, BOSE, Cupra R splitter, Chrome grille slats, S4 Mirror covers, Black/silver leather interior, Debadged, Arm rest delete, LED plate lights, Dectane LED Red/Crystal tail lights, HID 6k, RS 4 pedals, Rev D D/V, APR snub mount, NGK 7s

Events Moderator

Status
    looks really nice, well done. i too agree though that the s4 badges should come off. just leave it debadged i think it will suit it better. then people might think it's just a debadged s4 and you don't want to shout about it - more respect! lol
    S3 8L Ming Blue 273bhp & 294lbft h

Build/project thread
    check it out!

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Av4nt View Post
    As fo the rear badge... it was placed whilst sat beside my friends B7 S4 which is real lmao and its exactly the same. So i dunno.
    There's a drawing on ETKA and ELSA for the correct badge positioning, if your friends badge is in the same position then it wasn't fitted there by the factory...
    2006 RS4 Avant (Phantom Black), RNS-E (2010 version inc SDS, HW 070, SW 0220) with AMI (250GB hard disk), Bluetooth + iPhone 5

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    I happen to agree tbh, badges, rain deflectors & wheels need going & slightly better ofset RS4 wheels would look allot better.

The spoiler from those angles looks hideous, thats not stock is it, if is then apologies just angle looks awful to view.

The front carrier probably needs lifting to allow bumper to lift along with grill, would improve front end enormously as allot of B7's suffer from this gap issue I've seen.

Ass kisser :P

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

5th Gear

Status
    Spoiler is stock, or was on there when i bought it, as were the deflectors so could have been added i guess. I really didnt add much to it lol, some of it does look shabby I know..like the grille/bonnet gap it looks rank huh! but if I lovewer the bonnet to tighten the gap, it doesnt line up with the sides . but imo, before the badges went on, it looked more like an S4 to me than it did an A4 with the wheels esp as they were also on it already.. but I drive it like an a4 lol, slow as fk, i dont thrash it its just for looks not racing off the lights. As a newbie to cars and modding, all comments taken aboard :D

Looking for Zombies !!

Status
    Looks nice but lose the badges, bit like beemer owners who put an M badge on a standard 3 series.

I went the opposite way with my Sierra, still badged as a 2.0 but is fitted with a 2.9 V6 Cosworth lump

JSD 2.59
    Synergy-Solutions

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    lmfao thats funny, those cars were rapid, I recall the company I worked for many moons ago had iirc an estate & it flew absolutely flew, I have a memory of going along the A2 more coastal side & just couldnt believe how fast it was, then again we also had an astra 1.4 estate that was ridiculous, it was so damn rapid, you could get it way up the speed in low gears, we were just dumbstruck why that car was so quick.

Looking for Zombies !!

Status
    Nige, its up for sale if you fancy a nice little street sleeper
    Classifieds: Ford Sierra Street Sleeper, 2.9 V6 Cosworth
    0 - 60 in around 6.6 sec, 147mph through the hanger straight timing lights at Silverstone in 2010.

JSD 2.59
    Synergy-Solutions

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    If I bought another car, I'd have no testicles even in her handbag, so forget that idea lol.

2nd Gear

Status
    All this talk about badges...blah de blah. Looks good Av4nt, however the only thing missing in my opinion is the door blades and the Xenons. I think it looks ace and KEEP the badges. After all you are trying to make it look like an S4 without the running costs.

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

Add N8 on Facebook Visit N8's Instagram Channel
    S4 rep, yet no Xenons?

3rd Gear

Status
    Just a quickie for you pal, to get rid of the bumper gap you don't lower the bonnet, you raise your bumper, there are adjusters in your bumper, open your bonnet and there are 2 holes either side near your headlights, get an extension bar and Torx bit and screw away, you'll see your bumper either rise or lower, if it goes down screw the other way and hay presto your bumper sits right, when your bumper doesn't fit right you know someone has had it off in the past, about 90%+ of owners bumpers don't sit right and it's so annoying lol

5th Gear

Status
    ah ill try that thanks rich. And N8 I really wasnt aware that the B7 S4 had xenons, i thought they started off on B8 onwards. Perhaps im wrong I dunno.

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Yeap bixenons.

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by NHN View Post
    Yeap bixenons.
    With the option of adaptive bi-xenons.

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Indeed & what lovely lights they are

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by PetrolDave View Post
    With the option of adaptive bi-xenons.
    as great as they are.. they're also a massive PITA as the ballast units fail alot, which means the lights flicker and then go out!!

this is a really nice looking wagon.. for me, I would add the door blades, de-tango the lights, maybe smoke the rear windows, loose the badges, and space the rear wheels slightly - then sit back, open a cold one, and admire all your efforts.

goose
    Last edited by g00se; 23rd August 2012 at 08:21.
    Current:
    '08 Carbon Black BMW X5 3.0sd M Sport|Full white interior bulb kit|White LED Halos|De-badged
    '72 Sunburst Yellow VW Karmann Ghia Coupe - 1641cc|Engle 110 Cam|Weber 34 Carb|dropped spindles|Porsche 911 black leather interior

Past:
    '06 Phantom Black Pearl Audi B7 S4 - Milltek non res|BMC Panel|034 25mm RARB|SuperPro poly bushes|Apikol poly Snub|H&R Springs|H&R 10mm rear spacers|LCR Splitter|R8 caps|JCap|RS4 Pedals|EBC D/G disks & yellow pads|HEL brake lines|White sides/DRLs|De-tango'd

1st Gear

Status
    Out of interestAv4nt, which mirror caps did you buy, and what is the fit & quality like???

I think my S4 is the only one I've ever seen that has the no-cost option delete, of body coloured mirror caps.

Cheers,

goose
    Current:
    '08 Carbon Black BMW X5 3.0sd M Sport|Full white interior bulb kit|White LED Halos|De-badged
    '72 Sunburst Yellow VW Karmann Ghia Coupe - 1641cc|Engle 110 Cam|Weber 34 Carb|dropped spindles|Porsche 911 black leather interior

Past:
    '06 Phantom Black Pearl Audi B7 S4 - Milltek non res|BMC Panel|034 25mm RARB|SuperPro poly bushes|Apikol poly Snub|H&R Springs|H&R 10mm rear spacers|LCR Splitter|R8 caps|JCap|RS4 Pedals|EBC D/G disks & yellow pads|HEL brake lines|White sides/DRLs|De-tango'd

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by g00se View Post
    as great as they are.. they're also a massive PITA as the ballast units fail alot, which means the lights flicker and then go out!!
    Very strange as I havnt had to change any & I only ever read this once in a bluemoon tbh, usually its the bulbs that need replacing, but hardly often a module, although not cheap to replace so you'd want them to last lol.

4th Gear

Status

B7 A4 --> S4 Replica with pics!

Badges don't belong there... Due to the OP's reluctance to reply to the numerous posts about them though I imagine they are there to stay lol
    2012 RS3 Ibis White | Black Styling Pack | Black Roof Rails | Bose | Cruise | Tyre Package | Privacy Glass

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by NHN View Post
    Very strange as I havnt had to change any & I only ever read this once in a bluemoon tbh, usually its the bulbs that need replacing, but hardly often a module, although not cheap to replace so you'd want them to last lol.
    at least I assumed that's what it was as all my symptoms matched the other failures on B7 S4's & RS4's on RS246, but tbh i'm not sure.. all i have to do is switch them off and on again, and they work.

(Que the IT Crowd sketch lol... IT Crowd - Have You Tried Turning It Off And On Again? - YouTube)

but bloody annoying, and dangerous at night !!

goose

ps. sorry for the thread hijack
    Current:

Past:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast