Where Can I get a spare remote key cut and programmed in the West Midlands

V6 Quatt

Reaction score
Hi All,

Can anyone let me know any speacilists in the West Midlands where I can get a copy of remote programmed and key cut for my B7 Audi at a reasonable price.

Thanks in advance.

Try Audi Birmingham Stratford Rd. I am not sure about cutting a key but they changed the batteries in mine and paired them to the car FOC.

I recently got a new key for mine. Audi Sheffield charged me about 220 quid - £150 for the key and £70 to code it. I rang around and all of the dealers were pretty much the same price. As far as I know, you will have to go to a dealer because only they can code the key to the immobiliser.

i am not 100% on this but i had a key for another car coded a while ago and the cheapest way to do it would be go to a scrap
yard see if you can find a key then go to the dealers and ask for all your codes it cost about £20 but you will need to take your log book and drivers licence they keep all the codes on file so they can charge you a fortune when you need a new key i think it takes them a day to get them they need to order them, then just find a lock smith or an auto electrician to code it in..

like i say im not 100% because it wasnt an audi i had coded so i dont know if its the same..

i am not 100% on this but i had a key for another car coded a while ago and the cheapest way to do it would be go to a scrap
yard see if you can find a key then go to the dealers and ask for all your codes it cost about £20 but you will need to take your log book and drivers licence they keep all the codes on file so they can charge you a fortune when you need a new key i think it takes them a day to get them they need to order them, then just find a lock smith or an auto electrician to code it in..

like i say im not 100% because it wasnt an audi i had coded so i dont know if its the same..

Thats rubbish sorry, they dont hold any codes on file at all & anyone that told you this is talking out of there backside & blagged you completely.

Audi require the car at the dealer with all keys & loads of documents for proof of identity/ownership & they never hand out skc's etc to anyone for any price, literally because they dont have any to hand out, its all done over the link to VAG germany via odis or vas, no technicians or service personnel see squat, so someone has pulled your skc from your car or old key somehow.

Locksmiths mostly just copy existing keys these days, not neccessarily add another key to the cars list, easy way to tell this is to use vcds & use the measuring blocks to see which key is being depressed at the time & it denotes key 1 or 2, even 3, if it shows only key 1 or key 2 for when a button of each key is depressed, then its been copied not added properly to the systems.