JMB RetrofitsEM Tuning
    5th Gear

Status

Changing suspension to se spec-cost?

OK, so this may seem madness to many of you out there..but I may be looking at changing from eibachs to se suspension. All to do with comfort for my wife and kids. The roads are shocking round here so need a less harsh ride.
    What kind of cost would I be looking at? Or would someone wanting to upgrade do a swap and cash my way to help fund it?
    Is it an easy job to do if you can use a spanner (how long to change them?),or a garage job?
    Cheers,just might save me from having to change cars...
    07 2.0T SLine SE V2 Quattro, Full Milltek with hi-flow sports cat, APR Stage 2+ 280BHP/325lb/ft, APR HPFP, K&N panel, S4 alloys, Spacers, Black Optics, Eibachs, RS4 grill and fogs, Fog tints, RS4 ARB, RS4 Gearstick, LCR splitter, Black Calipers, Drilled discs, Debadged, Colour DIS, Bose, Adaptive Xenons/DRL, Black/Silver Audi Exclusive leather, Audi Carbon inlays, carbon difuser/B pillars, RNS-E+/Bluetooth, Cruise, Int/ext light packs, Rain/light sensors, mudflaps, LED plate/side/boot/interior

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by razza1 View Post
    OK, so this may seem madness to many of you out there..but I may be looking at changing from eibachs to se suspension. All to do with comfort for my wife and kids. The roads are shocking round here so need a less harsh ride.
    What kind of cost would I be looking at? Or would someone wanting to upgrade do a swap and cash my way to help fund it?
    Is it an easy job to do if you can use a spanner (how long to change them?),or a garage job?
    Cheers,just might save me from having to change cars...
    Its not an easy job to to the nature of the suspension on the A4

It cost me around £200-£250 to have my eibachs fitted and it was about 4-5 hours.

Maritus Blue Audi A4 3.0 V6 S-Line TDi 275bhp, 585nm Torque

5th Gear

Status
    hmm, ok. Will have to have a look at cost of SE suspension, or see if someone wants a trade...
    07 2.0T SLine SE V2 Quattro, Full Milltek with hi-flow sports cat, APR Stage 2+ 280BHP/325lb/ft, APR HPFP, K&N panel, S4 alloys, Spacers, Black Optics, Eibachs, RS4 grill and fogs, Fog tints, RS4 ARB, RS4 Gearstick, LCR splitter, Black Calipers, Drilled discs, Debadged, Colour DIS, Bose, Adaptive Xenons/DRL, Black/Silver Audi Exclusive leather, Audi Carbon inlays, carbon difuser/B pillars, RNS-E+/Bluetooth, Cruise, Int/ext light packs, Rain/light sensors, mudflaps, LED plate/side/boot/interior

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by razza1 View Post
    hmm, ok. Will have to have a look at cost of SE suspension, or see if someone wants a trade...
    Eibach coilovers? - I'm changing mine soon on the DTM. Not sure if it's the same as the SE

5th Gear

Status
    dtm should be the same as the s-line special edition (I'm talking about a step back to se ...). People say the eibachs are better comfort than the s-line, but I'm starting to doubt it. Not sure if it's just the springs or full coilover set, will try to find out...
    Last edited by razza1; 23rd July 2012 at 21:52.

3rd Gear

Status
    Ok hopefully they are, will save us ending up with a spare set. If not I'll get mine sorted and you can have mine.

Neutral

Status
    hi razza let me know if you change to se suspension as i could be intrested in your setup. i have se at the moment but looking to go lower with either eibachs or h&r

cheers wayne
    http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t106/wayn7/SAM_0065.jpg

**Image tags have been removed, that photo is far too large**

5th Gear

Status
    will do, trying to find out what I've got first, whether it's just springs or coilovers....what's the s-line colour dampers?

1st Gear

Status
    think s line dampers are a deep red from memory and if you had coilovers you will know as the strut is threaded with two big locking nuts for the spring ride height .

dav

5th Gear

Status
    Is it the sline springs or dampers that create the harsh ride? Or combo of both?
    I think I have the sline dampers as sure they were red from memory,so if I fitted the se springs would this be more comfortable without making it wallow around like a barge...?

1st Gear

Status
    just got a 2.0tdi se avant and the fellow i bought it off had just had the rear spings done at audi birmingham
    and i,m sure it cost well over £300.00 so not cheap i,d avoid the dealers
    and the car looks way to high now so i,m wounded