Help needed please A4 door lights

grabread

Reaction score
Hello, I have wired in some door / puddle lights but I cant turn them on. I know some threads say they just closed the door and they came on. The rear ones did but the fronts are stubbornly staying off I have tried wiring in to pin 13 and also pin 17 as the live neither seems to work. Do they need to be enabled somehow or am I doing something wrong? Its a late 2007 model

Many thanks

Hi

I'm not sure on the 4door A4 but I know according to Robins DIY mod thread you might have to switch on the door lights using VCDS

But when I installed them into my A4 cab I had the same problem as you. I found though that I had to plug the grey plug back into the door module the remove the power plug to the module. Then plug it back in and it resets the module

I think the module switches off the outputs if it doesn't detect a load from the light once it switches off it needs the module to be reset to reset the light output

Check out this thread for info http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/a3-s3-...my-diy-guide-retro-fitting-puddle-lights.html

Many thanks for the advice, but I have tried the method of removing the power supply but still no good!!
I am going to try the nearside front door today and see if that will initialise.

many thanks

Nearside ones work ok so I guess its a wiring or door controller fault. I dont think you can enable them via vcds like on the A3.
Any ideas ?

It's either a wiring fault or a coding problem are you sure you are connecting to the correct pins for your car and are the bulbs pushed in correctly ?

Can you test you have got a supply with a multimeter ?

Solved!! pin 13 in the door controller was bent flat, presumably from manufacture? stood it back up and all is now well.
thanks Gaz for your suggestions.
For the benefit of anyone attempting this pin 13 live pin 21 earth for the front doors, and you will need 000 979 009Erepair wires to fit in the multi plugs same ones fit front and rear doors.
:blow: