Had parking sensors fitted

scotty76

Reaction score
Not by me, I'm useless at things like this. They are Cobra flush fitting ones, painted to match the car. Shame the previous owner didn't have them as the bumper is full of dings. :(

P1040061.jpg
P1040060.jpg
P1040059.jpg

Better than those horrendous looking surface mount ones people fit, looks ok, but are these the reverse wire type?

Do you have a link to where you bought them from? Fancy a set myself.

Hi Scotty

How much did you pay for the sensors and fitting? Considering getting them installed on my car.

Are the sensors good in terms of proximity/accuracy etc.

They look awesome.

Thanks

Looking good! Whats the low down with respect to the information being relayed to you in the car;- do you just get a "beeb" through the stereo or is there a seperate display mounted somewhere...???

Hi Scotty

How much did you pay for the sensors and fitting? Considering getting them installed on my car.

Are the sensors good in terms of proximity/accuracy etc.

They look awesome.

Thanks

Not cheap I'm afraid. £350. Much cheaper if you can DIY but I can't, I'm useless at such things!

In terms of how they work they are just as accurate as the ones on our other car (VW Jetta) which were factory fitted.

Looking good! Whats the low down with respect to the information being relayed to you in the car;- do you just get a "beeb" through the stereo or is there a seperate display mounted somewhere...???

You get a beep from the back of the car. I assume this is because the speaker is hidden in the boot somewhere. I've not gone looking for it but it works just fine. :)

They look exactly like the Cobra A0358 I had fitted from Pro Park UK.

The beeper was fitted beside the rear speaker from the boot. It was a straightforward install.

I get false alarms sometimes, but that could be controlled with sensitivity adjustment which I don't know how to do.