tdi 170 engine shake/judder

mickphilcom

Reaction score
hi everyone, ive recently purchased a 57 plate a4 tdi 170, 60k and im having a few issues. when im driving at approx. 60-70 mph the car shakes but does not feel through the steering wheel, sometimes does it at other speeds but more noticable at 70mph. When driving at various speeds and hit a dip in the road or a bump the car, excuse me... "shuggy boats"

please help, its turned into a nightmare

Check with your dealer if the car is affected by the injector recall.

Check with your dealer if the car is affected by the injector recall.

hi, the car has had the computer on it and shows no faults or errors! audi has said that the recall is not due on this either!

i had a letter from audi uk customer services last friday advising me of a potential problem with the piezo unit injector on A3 A4 models with 2.0 TDI 170 PS engines of a limited production period. Small electrically conducting carbon deposits can settle on the Piezo pump injector elements after being carried in engine oil. This can lead to running problems and in certain circumstances the engine to stop running. In order to prevent a possible breakdown we would like to offer you a pre cautionery check at any Audi centre. We strongly recommend you take up this offer to avoid any inconvience you may incur if your vehicle develops any running problems.

If necessary your Audi's injectors will be replaced free of charge. Following this letter I booked my 08 reg Audi A4 into Stoke Audi even though I didn't realise anything was wrong with the car. The only thing I noticed about it was sometimes the tick over was lumpy. The car has done 93.000 miles. Stoke Audi replaced all the fuel injectors free of charge. There is a difference in the car, it pulls better and from lower revs. i spoke afterwards to my local TPS centre and one of the guys told me, there are a lot of vehicles affected by this problem and siemens injectors are being replaced with bosch injectors.

Rear wheel balancing being out can shake the car through the body especially at 70mph, is it coming more from the engine or the body?

Some days the car drives superb but occasionally has the dreaded stutter and shake. I replaced the fuel filter and rear gearbox mount but still has issues, it feels as if the whole front end is "loose". Due to the headache of this and evans halshaw finding no faults whatsoever on 3 occasions i have had to sell the car with great disappointment. This will be a lesson learned...do not buy from evans halshaw!!

i wont have an audi but will continue to use this site...great people with great advice

thank you