Volks AutosJMB Retrofits

Thread: head lining

1st Gear

Status

head lining

any one know if the a4 b8 headlining is the same as the b7 .

2. # ADS
    ADS

Tiptronic

Status
    I doubt it very much... although the B6 is similar to the B7 in many ways the B8 is a totally different shape...

Car: 2007 A4 3.0TDI Quattro S-Line Cabriolet
    Mods: Pipercross Panel Filter, Smarttop, LED Plate Bulbs, LED Interior Bulbs, Blue LED Needles, Remap, EGR Delete, Custom Stainless Exhaust (4" Slash Tips), Cupra-R Splitter, Embossed Number Plates, 19" BBS CH Reps & Vredestein Ultra Sessanta's, 12mm TPI Spacers, -30m H&R Springs, MTEC Black Edition Brakes (Dimpled & Grooved), Mintex Pads, RS4 RARB, Vibe Square Subwoofer in Ski-pass & Alpine MRP-350 Amp

VCDS - PM for details (East Midlands)

1st Gear

Status
    cheers

6th Gear

Status
    different shape unfortunately, I thought about it but in the end was lucky enough to get a black headliner and trims from A B7 RS4
    A4 B8 (09) 2.0 TFSI (211)

Black Gloss RS4 style mesh grille, Black Gloss fog grilles, Black Gloss splitter trim, Ice White fogs, Tints, Black A8 boot rings, Black Badges, Dynamik boot spoiler, LED interior, LED number plate lights, Brushed steel vinyl wrapped interior.

Yorkshire & Humber Rep.

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by jjmurphy21187 View Post
    I doubt it very much... although the B6 is similar to the B7 in many ways the B8 is a totally different shape...
    B6 is the same as B7 so a direct fit

1st Gear

Status
    well took the plunge and decided i was not going to be paying £200 plus so removed mine and painted it

6 large cans of matt black from halfords and away we go

results

i must admit i am more than happy with the outcome just need some leds for my interior lights now

6th Gear

Status
    Well done fella, I've still got my old headliner so i will be painting/staining or wrapping it lol

Black Gloss RS4 style mesh grille, Black Gloss fog grilles, Black Gloss splitter trim, Ice White fogs, Tints, Black A8 boot rings, Black Badges, Dynamik boot spoiler, LED interior, LED number plate lights, Brushed steel vinyl wrapped interior.

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by davsa4 View Post
    well took the plunge and decided i was not going to be paying £200 plus so removed mine and painted it

6 large cans of matt black from halfords and away we go

results

i must admit i am more than happy with the outcome just need some leds for my interior lights now
    Mate that looks spot on, ive been looking at fabric to cover it, but after looking at this im gunna just go get some paint haha.

Did it take much effort painting? how many cans got used?

1st Gear

Status
    cheers fella ,

used 4 large cans of matt black to do the roof and side pillars and two tins of halfords plastic and vinyl paint to do the hard plastics , cost me around £40 with my trade card a lot cheaper than the £200 plus vat prices i was quoted for second hand replacements , just dont rush it mate lots of fine coats are better results than thick ones ,think the large roof panel took six coats to cover , the hardest panel to remove is the rear c pillar as you have to remove back seat to access the popper holding it down at the bottom.when painting this panel mask the black plastic at the bottom or it will react with the paint i know mine did .
    the b pillar with seat belt sliders come apart very easy to paint bits individually

5th Gear

Status
    cheers fella ,

used 4 large cans of matt black to do the roof and side pillars and two tins of halfords plastic and vinyl paint to do the hard plastics , cost me around £40 with my trade card a lot cheaper than the £200 plus vat prices i was quoted for second hand replacements , just dont rush it mate lots of fine coats are better results than thick ones ,think the large roof panel took six coats to cover , the hardest panel to remove is the rear c pillar as you have to remove back seat to access the popper holding it down at the bottom.when painting this panel mask the black plastic at the bottom or it will react with the paint i know mine did .
    the b pillar with seat belt sliders come apart very easy to paint bits individually
    Sound mate, am off to local paint suppliers after work refuse to buy anything from halfords

Nice one mate, thats my weekend sorted seen as the weathers ****e! lol

1st Gear

Status
    weather is forecast to be belting for next few days mate ,ideal time to strip and paint .

5th Gear

Status
    sweet cant wait to crack on, my rear seats dont fold so can imagine the headliner removal to be a bit of a struggle, do u ave rear folding seats?

1st Gear

Status
    no mate fixed rear seats ,remove rear seat and all roof trims push front seats fully forward and wind them as low as they will go and recline backs as far down as possible ,then carefully pull tab down in centre of rear roof lining then it will drop down with a bit of twisting and wiggling the roof lining will come out of the back door .

5th Gear

Status
    no mate fixed rear seats ,remove rear seat and all roof trims push front seats fully forward and wind them as low as they will go and recline backs as far down as possible ,then carefully pull tab down in centre of rear roof lining then it will drop down with a bit of twisting and wiggling the roof lining will come out of the back door .
    Ah nice one for that mate, so rear seats out then

Can imagine it been quite a pain to get it out, but should be well worth the effort tbh a can wait to get on with it!

5th Gear

Status
    headlining is out of mine now, suprisingly easy just waiting for delivery of my spray cans to my brothers work so hopefully be making them black in a few hours

1st Gear

Status
    nice one mate get some pics up when its done

6th Gear

Status
    nice one mate get some pics up when its done
    x2