DRL's fitting into fog light trim

Funky Dunky

It's all about the Quattro!!
Reaction score
hello

just wondering if any one had tried fitting some drl into the area of fog lights on the a4 avant b7 s line

ive got some seperate led lights which need a 20mm diameter hole for each one.

any advice would be greatfull

duncan

I brought the set off ebay for £99, saved me loads of hassle and match the honeycomb RS4 grill I have, if you want a pic, pm your email as I still cannot post on here
Carl

I've just ordered these, they will look great and they aren't diy but you do have to pay for it.

moda05fx.jpg

Hello these ones look quite nice.
are they plug and play??
could you send me a link to these lights please
duncan

Update, after driving thru about 18" of water after the road flooded, the N/S is not working so I think I will have to investigate, hope the unit is fixable

I bought a set for my fog light grills off eBay for 30 quid..came with brackets and wiring loom and relay box...I screwed the brackets into the grills and clipped them in..then to find a live feed with ignition only I opened the bonnet and there is a large multi plug on the right had side clipped into a metal bracket..just before the inner wing area ..I unclipped it apart and checked with a multimeter and found a live wire when ignition on..( appears to be from esp system) .then snipped the wire 3 inches back and connector block to get feed. Then run a wire to the battery for permanent feed from battery and wired an earth wire to earth feed centre of bulkhead .. The relay then comes with a bolt hole so undid a bolt at top of radiator to right hand side ( front view)and bolted back in using same bolt.. Took around an hour..and bought coil wrapping to hide wires.they also stay in for 1 minute after switching ign off to light the way... Dam they look good !!! A4 sline b7 2005 2.0 TDI..do so at your own risk it worked for me ..happy to help if anyone wants further info

They may look good but blocking more than half the air flow to your intercoolers isn't something I would ever want to do

They don't feed the intercoolers on mine as the grills have covers on the back of them so the grills must be only for show I'm assuming ??

Fair enough, they do on mine but it depends on spec :grimacing:

Reactions: guyzza75