Brake upgrade options

Daemon

Reaction score
Hi guys, ever since I've owned my avant I've hated the brakes and think that they're ****** awful. Plus I'd prefer something that looks a bit more useful too.

So we have a b7 2.0tdi avant (140) with the standard 18" s-line 5 spokes, I'm planning on keeping the alloys for a while so ideally the brakes need to fit under them.
Are there any direct swaps for discs and calipers maybe? What options do I have?

S4, 3.0tdi, 2.0t SE.
I think there's a few posts on this subject if you have a search through previous ones.
One guy changed to Porsche 6pots but that's maybe a bit extreme.

ive upgrade mine to s4 brake and they are so much nicer i have confidence the car will stop, unlike when i drove the new audi a4 avant 3.0tdi i had no confidence in them, i have drilled and groved front disc and groved rears with yellow stuff pads

I don't know but personally i feel my brakes work well on my 2.0tdi quattro, maybe you have a fault? obviously they wouldn't pass an MOT if they weren't working efficiently.

The following are direct swaps providing you get Carriers, brake shields and brake lines.

B5 RS4 (Disc expensive but brake pads can be cheap)
B5 S4 (Recommended Quite cheap to buy if you can find them)
B6 S4 (Recommended)
B6 1.8T
B7 RS4 (Larger wheels needed disc expensive and so can pads be)
B7 S4 (Recommended)
B7 2.0T (US guys prefer this route)

Last edited:
The following are direct swaps providing you get Carriers, brake shields and brake lines.

B5 RS4 (Disc expensive but brake pads can be cheap)
B5 S4 (Recommended Quite cheap to buy if you can find them)
B6 S4 (Recommended)
B6 1.8T
B7 RS4 (Larger wheels needed disc expensive and so can pads be)
B7 S4 (Recommended)
B7 2.0T (US guys prefer this route)

Hey,
I also heard good opinions about alcon brakes (for high performance motorsports). You can get them from JDL-Brakes.com. They're a little bit expensive, but people say it's worth it if you really want to have razor-sharp brakes.

Oh, and hey! New user here ;)

Hey,
I also heard good opinions about alcon brakes (for high performance motorsports). You can get them from JDL-Brakes.com. They're a little bit expensive, but people say it's worth it if you really want to have razor-sharp brakes.

Oh, and hey! New user here ;)

Welcome to Audi.Sport.Net. Enjoy the forum. :) x

What size are the discs on the B7 A4. I've got 320mm discs on the front of my 3.0 TDI so not sure whether it's worth upgrading or not.