considering dpf delete 2.0 l tdi 170

Andrthms4

Reaction score
hi im have a problem with the dpf. tried taking it for a run over 2000 revs in 4th or 5 th to regenerate the filter but no use .. now i have a heater plug light flashing and the engine management light on.. just wondering if i was able to get a dpf delete and remap..i live in south wales, any information and /or reccomeded remapping people in my area would be much appreciated.
thanks

Not quite in your area, but there's someone in Ross On Wye that sticks in my head from this or other forums who does it. Have a look around...
Could be in Hay even. Just got a mental bookmark in case I ever need it done, but as I've never even had the light on yet, I could be waiting another 50,000 miles (touch wood).

Last edited:
hi im have a problem with the dpf. tried taking it for a run over 2000 revs in 4th or 5 th to regenerate the filter but no use .. now i have a heater plug light flashing and the engine management light on.. just wondering if i was able to get a dpf delete and remap..i live in south wales, any information and /or reccomeded remapping people in my area would be much appreciated.
thanks

Hi, I had some DPF trouble which was initially down to a fault differential pressure sensor. This solved the issue but every time I would be in traffic it would come back on. Since then I had to replace the camshaft and remove the head, so far it's never come on.

in any case, you need to get your car on vagcom and see what the differential pressure is across the DPF, if allowable do a forced regen, see link below

Diesel Particle Filter Emergency Regeneration - Ross-Tech Wiki

i'm interested in getting adpf delete and remap too! (pick up a B7 2.0 tdi cab -bpw engine next week)
any recommendations for the Yorkshire area?

RS tuning in Leeds can do it or if you can travel South to Nottingham there is a guy I used that did a great job, I ended up by passing my dpf after it became clogged up as a replacement was too much money, so had a pipe made a got that and the egr valve mapped out

rick @ unicorn motorsport did mine and its been absolutely spot on !!!! hes manchester so very central for most people.

RS tuning in Leeds can do it or if you can travel South to Nottingham there is a guy I used that did a great job, I ended up by passing my dpf after it became clogged up as a replacement was too much money, so had a pipe made a got that and the egr valve mapped out

Can you pm me his details please.:icon_thumright:

i'm interested in getting adpf delete and remap too! (pick up a B7 2.0 tdi cab -bpw engine next week)
any recommendations for the Yorkshire area?
i have a couple of good places in shefield that can do it

Doesn't a DPF delete mean black smoke when pressing the loud pedal?
Hi had my DPF delete done at pendle performance! Gd job but def smokes alot after! I'm having my egr unit cleaned also as this is clogged up. Performance has been better but mpg been down avg 34.0 around town

My 2.0 170 has gone into limp mode 2day. Can anyone recommend anywhere in bradford for a remap and dpf delete?

hi to u i had my remap and dpf delete done by longlife in cearphilly but check the eps sometimes this brings the same problem if not give clive a ring at longlife nice fella cost me 600 and he will do any remap u want i went for a custom 33bhp but losds of torque hope this helps

Hi had my DPF delete done at pendle performance! Gd job but def smokes alot after! I'm having my egr unit cleaned also as this is clogged up. Performance has been better but mpg been down avg 34.0 around town

How are you going about getting your EGR cleaned? I'm considering doing mine just before I get it deleted (software only). Won't be getting a remap as mine is a manual.