Sky InsuranceAH Fabrications
Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1
    Reverse Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    6

    considering dpf delete 2.0 l tdi 170

    hi im have a problem with the dpf. tried taking it for a run over 2000 revs in 4th or 5 th to regenerate the filter but no use .. now i have a heater plug light flashing and the engine management light on.. just wondering if i was able to get a dpf delete and remap..i live in south wales, any information and /or reccomeded remapping people in my area would be much appreciated.
    thanks

  2. # ADS
    ADS
    Join Date
    Always
    Posts
    Many
     
  3. #2
    quattronly

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    SW Scotland
    Posts
    105
    Not quite in your area, but there's someone in Ross On Wye that sticks in my head from this or other forums who does it. Have a look around...
    Could be in Hay even. Just got a mental bookmark in case I ever need it done, but as I've never even had the light on yet, I could be waiting another 50,000 miles (touch wood).
    Last edited by Jeeves; 11th July 2012 at 11:32.

  4. #3
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Leicester, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    Posts
    356
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrthms4 View Post
    hi im have a problem with the dpf. tried taking it for a run over 2000 revs in 4th or 5 th to regenerate the filter but no use .. now i have a heater plug light flashing and the engine management light on.. just wondering if i was able to get a dpf delete and remap..i live in south wales, any information and /or reccomeded remapping people in my area would be much appreciated.
    thanks
    Hi, I had some DPF trouble which was initially down to a fault differential pressure sensor. This solved the issue but every time I would be in traffic it would come back on. Since then I had to replace the camshaft and remove the head, so far it's never come on.

    in any case, you need to get your car on vagcom and see what the differential pressure is across the DPF, if allowable do a forced regen, see link below

    Diesel Particle Filter Emergency Regeneration - Ross-Tech Wiki

  5. #4
    Reverse Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    uk- East Yorkshire
    Posts
    11
    i'm interested in getting adpf delete and remap too! (pick up a B7 2.0 tdi cab -bpw engine next week)
    any recommendations for the Yorkshire area?

  6. #5
    carl-1968's Avatar
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Nottingham
    Posts
    457
    RS tuning in Leeds can do it or if you can travel South to Nottingham there is a guy I used that did a great job, I ended up by passing my dpf after it became clogged up as a replacement was too much money, so had a pipe made a got that and the egr valve mapped out

  7. #6
    outsideline's Avatar
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    181
    rick @ unicorn motorsport did mine and its been absolutely spot on !!!! hes manchester so very central for most people.
    A4 b7 170bhp quattro | 210bhp remap from Rick @ UNICORN MOTORSPORT ( 07880558534) | DPF deleted | EGR deleted | 19" TSW Zolder 5 custom bronze wheels | rs4 grill | rs4 22mm rear sway bar | lamin-x head lights, fog lights, side repeaters | custom carbon wraped chrome window trims | E M Tuning LED conversion lights | genuine audi s4 rear valance | genuine audi s4 quad exhaust system to fit diesel | cupra R splitter | black audi ring badges | alpine headunit, hertz spl sub with JL audio amp |

  8. #7
    james0808's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Nottingham
    Posts
    3,542
    Quote Originally Posted by carl-1968 View Post
    RS tuning in Leeds can do it or if you can travel South to Nottingham there is a guy I used that did a great job, I ended up by passing my dpf after it became clogged up as a replacement was too much money, so had a pipe made a got that and the egr valve mapped out
    Can you pm me his details please.

  9. #8
    A4_MaJiK's Avatar
    4th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Leicester, UK
    Posts
    821

    My Social Networking

    Add A4_MaJiK on Facebook Visit A4_MaJiK's Instagram Channel
    Doesn't a DPF delete mean black smoke when pressing the loud pedal?

  10. #9
    bez101's Avatar
    Yorkshire & Humber Rep.

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    8,480
    Quote Originally Posted by chillo View Post
    i'm interested in getting adpf delete and remap too! (pick up a B7 2.0 tdi cab -bpw engine next week)
    any recommendations for the Yorkshire area?
    i have a couple of good places in shefield that can do it

  11. #10
    Reverse Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by AEM_Bulldog View Post
    Doesn't a DPF delete mean black smoke when pressing the loud pedal?
    Hi had my DPF delete done at pendle performance! Gd job but def smokes alot after! I'm having my egr unit cleaned also as this is clogged up. Performance has been better but mpg been down avg 34.0 around town

  12. #11
    yassa's Avatar
    Reverse Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Bradford
    Posts
    6
    My 2.0 170 has gone into limp mode 2day. Can anyone recommend anywhere in bradford for a remap and dpf delete?

  13. #12
    jessie123's Avatar
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    s.wales
    Posts
    79
    hi to u i had my remap and dpf delete done by longlife in cearphilly but check the eps sometimes this brings the same problem if not give clive a ring at longlife nice fella cost me 600 and he will do any remap u want i went for a custom 33bhp but losds of torque hope this helps

  14. #13
    A4_MaJiK's Avatar
    4th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Leicester, UK
    Posts
    821

    My Social Networking

    Add A4_MaJiK on Facebook Visit A4_MaJiK's Instagram Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by rajaquattro View Post
    Hi had my DPF delete done at pendle performance! Gd job but def smokes alot after! I'm having my egr unit cleaned also as this is clogged up. Performance has been better but mpg been down avg 34.0 around town
    How are you going about getting your EGR cleaned? I'm considering doing mine just before I get it deleted (software only). Won't be getting a remap as mine is a manual.

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. TDI 170 & DPF delete = MOT pass
    By jrsteeve in forum A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 3rd May 2012, 00:27
  2. 2.0 TDI 170 CR - Remapping? DPF Delete?
    By SleeD in forum A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 26th June 2011, 07:46
  3. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 15th June 2011, 16:45
  4. DPF Delete for a 170 TDI Quattro Help?
    By MOOSH in forum A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 7th June 2011, 18:42
  5. 2.0 TDI 170 (DPF) Chip??
    By Keef in forum Audi S4/A4/A4 Cab (B7 Chassis)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 15th November 2007, 11:58

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO

Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO