AH FabricationsJMB Retrofits
    Lee Applin

what vag com etc or whatever its called these days

i need to buy a vag com or its called vcds or something like that now isnt it>? whats a good one to buy on ebay?

2. # ADS
    ADS

2nd Gear

Status
    NHN on here sells genuine VCDS cables - give him a PM. Ebay ones not to be relied on.
    Work: A3 Sportback Black Edition 2.0TDI Home: A4 Avant 2.0 TDI Quattro S-Line

Lee Applin
    how much are they? just the cable? id want the software too and not the free version you used to get from ross tech

4th Gear

Status
    Think they are the registered genuine ross-tech ones £250 last time i asked from memory
    Dolphin Grey 2005 3.2fsi Quattro 6-speed manual A4 Avant S-line, Two tone Leather, Pipercross panel filter, Genuine RS6 style 18" Alloys, Cupra R Lip, Piranha Grooved and dimpled Brakes, Eibach 30mm springs, B5 Front Cups, Rs4 RARB, HEL Braided Brake Hoses, Engine covers, Rs4 Grill, Rs4 style fog grills, Lamin-x'd head, fog and tail lights, Adaptive Xenons, Q5 rear wiper, S4 spring clips, Heated Passat Washer jets, DIS and cruise control

Now have genuine VCDS in North Norfolk

Lee Applin
    feck me i just spat my coffee over my keyboard

4th Gear

Status
    lol, Thats the one you can do everything with tho
    Dolphin Grey 2005 3.2fsi Quattro 6-speed manual A4 Avant S-line, Two tone Leather, Pipercross panel filter, Genuine RS6 style 18" Alloys, Cupra R Lip, Piranha Grooved and dimpled Brakes, Eibach 30mm springs, B5 Front Cups, Rs4 RARB, HEL Braided Brake Hoses, Engine covers, Rs4 Grill, Rs4 style fog grills, Lamin-x'd head, fog and tail lights, Adaptive Xenons, Q5 rear wiper, S4 spring clips, Heated Passat Washer jets, DIS and cruise control

4th Gear

Status
    lol, yeah some work some dont. I picked one up off ebay that seems to work sometimes. You just have to make sure youre not connected to the net and accidently update it as it will overwrite the software and die. I have seen the odd genuine ones on ebay go cheap. Depends if you want to do coding or just wipe alarms etc... i assume

Lee Applin
    any links by chance? seems to be lots on there dont want crappy one, but yesw use to read clear watch live data actual over desired if it does that, reset crash data etc

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee Applin View Post
    id want the software too and not the free version you used to get from ross tech
    The software you download from Ross-Tech is the FULL version - currently version 11.11.3

Re eBay leads - it's a case of pot luck. Some work reliably but some don't, some support all the adaptation channels some don't, some support dual K-line some don't. If you can risk the money then an eBay one might work for you, but if you want something that will just work every time then get the genuine Ross-Tech one.
    2006 RS4 Avant (Phantom Black), RNS-E (2010 version inc SDS, HW 070, SW 0220) with AMI (250GB hard disk), Bluetooth + iPhone 5

4th Gear

Status
    As petroldave said lol, sorry no link it was a one off seller.

5th Gear

Status

2nd Gear

Status
    I think they'll be fine for just fault reading and initial diagnostics etc - Gendan also sell the genuine VCDS - however if you want to actually configure your car's settings then VCDS is the only way to go...
    Work: A3 Sportback Black Edition 2.0TDI Home: A4 Avant 2.0 TDI Quattro S-Line

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee Applin View Post
    any links by chance? seems to be lots on there dont want crappy one, but yesw use to read clear watch live data actual over desired if it does that, reset crash data etc
    No links to illegal/counterfeit goods are allowed on the site.

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by phil_w View Post
    if you want to actually configure your car's settings then VCDS is the only way to go...
    Absolutely, couldn't agree more.
    2006 RS4 Avant (Phantom Black), RNS-E (2010 version inc SDS, HW 070, SW 0220) with AMI (250GB hard disk), Bluetooth + iPhone 5