Chris NottVolks Autos
    Tiptronic

Status

Spare Wheel Mount Removal

Having removed the spare wheel and replacing with some Holtz, I'd like to remove the plastic threadded spindle in the centre of the spare wheel well and create a removable bag/lining to increase the boot space.

However, the plastic spindle appears to be fixed into the boot and not removable. There is a thicker collar which unscrews completely, but the spindle is 'hooked' under a metal lip in the boot floor. I'd preffer not to snap it off if possible so that it can be put back at a later date. Does anyone know how to take this out without breaking it?

Car: 2007 A4 3.0TDI Quattro S-Line Cabriolet
    Mods: Pipercross Panel Filter, Smarttop, LED Plate Bulbs, LED Interior Bulbs, Blue LED Needles, Remap, EGR Delete, Custom Stainless Exhaust (4" Slash Tips), Cupra-R Splitter, Embossed Number Plates, 19" BBS CH Reps & Vredestein Ultra Sessanta's, 12mm TPI Spacers, -30m H&R Springs, MTEC Black Edition Brakes (Dimpled & Grooved), Mintex Pads, RS4 RARB, Vibe Square Subwoofer in Ski-pass & Alpine MRP-350 Amp

VCDS - PM for details (East Midlands)

2. # ADS
    ADS

Tiptronic

Status
    Bump. Anyone??

Mods: Pipercross Panel Filter, Smarttop, LED Plate Bulbs, LED Interior Bulbs, Blue LED Needles, Remap, EGR Delete, Custom Stainless Exhaust (4" Slash Tips), Cupra-R Splitter, Embossed Number Plates, 19" BBS CH Reps & Vredestein Ultra Sessanta's, 12mm TPI Spacers, -30m H&R Springs, MTEC Black Edition Brakes (Dimpled & Grooved), Mintex Pads, RS4 RARB, Vibe Square Subwoofer in Ski-pass & Alpine MRP-350 Amp

Tiptronic

Status
    No one EVER removed this???

quattronly

Status
    I've done it on one car, but can't remember if it was an Audi or a Skoda. Anyway, just pushed down and twisted 90 degrees to align toggle with slot - like cufflinks.

Tiptronic

Status
    Cheers for the reply. Gave it another try this evening and despite numerous attempts before I must've got it at the right angle this time and it just popped out!

1st Gear

Status
    Hi it should just slide out in one direction. I think itshould push out towards the back seats.It was very loose on my old B6 a4..hope this helps..