Sky InsuranceChris Nott
    4th Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Follow ruffrida On Twitter Visit ruffrida's Youtube Channel

2006 A4 Tdi vs Passat Tdi- What would you have?

Morning Ya'll,

I am considering getting rid of my A3 (8L) as it is far to small for the growing family.

I have been stuck between 3 cars really, 330 M Sport, A4, and the Passat, all in an estate.

330 M Sport - Pay for the name in my opinion

A4 - Seem quite small inside

Passat (b6) - I have heard they blow engines very easily.

What would you have, considering it will be getting modified - Injectors, Induction, Re Map that kind of thing.

Open to all ideas, let me know !!
    B6 1.9tdi Quattro Avant Sport,
    Full zenon bulb kit, Plug and Play chip @165bhp, EGR Delete pipe, Chrome Mirrors, Chrome side repeaters, wind deflectors, Front center arm rest, LED number plate bulbs (when they work), Rear tints, De-Badge Rear, 19" BBS LM's,De-Wiper
    Coming soon -35mm Springs, De-cat pipe.
    Wish List; FMIC, BV43 turbo, Bigger Remap, Fat Clutch, Stereo upgrade, Full Stainless with twin exit !
    Chuck it in & pin it out, nothing better than doing it in the dirt !!

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    Neither, i would get a 2001 to 2004 audi a4 if i was in your position, Pd130 Bhp...
    FOR SALE:
    -Golf mk 5/audi a3 1.6 FSI fuel pump, brand new genuine part boxed + seals
    -audi a3 (1998 to 2003) genuine clutch slave cylinder to fit 1.6 engines BRAND NEW
    -Rear bush press tool to fit new rear axle bushes on Golf Mk3/4, Audi a3/S3, Seat Leon/Toledo, Skoda Octavia mk 1/2 used once

4th Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Quote Originally Posted by adamss24 View Post
    Neither, i would get a 2001 to 2004 audi a4 if i was in your position, Pd130 Bhp...
    Cheers, but dont ya think the 01 - 04 A4 looks really dated?
    Full zenon bulb kit, Plug and Play chip @165bhp, EGR Delete pipe, Chrome Mirrors, Chrome side repeaters, wind deflectors, Front center arm rest, LED number plate bulbs (when they work), Rear tints, De-Badge Rear, 19" BBS LM's,De-Wiper
    Wish List; FMIC, BV43 turbo, Bigger Remap, Fat Clutch, Stereo upgrade, Full Stainless with twin exit !

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by ruffrida View Post
    Cheers, but dont ya think the 01 - 04 A4 looks really dated?
    I agree with Adamss24

My other cars a mk2 Golf GTi

Status
    I'd take the BMW 330d

Chugger

Status
    I wouldn't get the 3 series if it's space you're after, they're actually quite small for what they are and offer little space in the back. I would look at the A4 personally. Iv just swapped from a 8L S3, to a A3 sport back, it has heaps of room. Maybe worth considering as they are fairly well priced
    57 A3 2.0 TDI Sportback (140)

4th Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Quote Originally Posted by sportstractor View Post
    I wouldn't get the 3 series if it's space you're after, they're actually quite small for what they are and offer little space in the back. I would look at the A4 personally. Iv just swapped from a 8L S3, to a A3 sport back, it has heaps of room. Maybe worth considering as they are fairly well priced
    Now there is an option never even really thought about the sportsback, look tidy aswel

Reverse Gear

Status
    You guys get so many more diesel choices there, I'm not sure I'd even be able to make a decision I'd be so giddy!

But, from what you listed, here is my take: The Audi A4 is a much chunkier, sturdier car than the 6th gen Passat. However the Passat is a bit larger. If you want something that has the same basic build as the Audi, but less money and a bit more room, have you considered a 5th gen Passat? What about the Skoda Superb (which rides on the same platform, but was made a few years longer). Were those sold there in estate form?

4th Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Quote Originally Posted by clark13 View Post
    You guys get so many more diesel choices there, I'm not sure I'd even be able to make a decision I'd be so giddy!

But, from what you listed, here is my take: The Audi A4 is a much chunkier, sturdier car than the 6th gen Passat. However the Passat is a bit larger. If you want something that has the same basic build as the Audi, but less money and a bit more room, have you considered a 5th gen Passat? What about the Skoda Superb (which rides on the same platform, but was made a few years longer). Were those sold there in estate form?
    Everything is sold in an estate over here bud, even the mini, lol.

dont really like the look of the 5th gen passat, its the looks of the 6th gen that excites me, i bet it would loke even sweater when its pimped, but so does the A4, damn it !!

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    A4 all day everyday, much nicer cabin.

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

Neutral

Status
    i was in your position about a month ago i sold my s4 and wanted a diesel estate and my two choices were the a4 avant or the b6 passat. i went to look at a few vw passats and although you get a lot of car for little money 4 out of the 5 cars i viewed had some kind of problem with it.Either the door handles were broken,the hand brake switch was sticking, or the dual mass flywheel was on its way out.get an a4 you wont go far wrong
    http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t106/wayn7/SAM_0065.jpg

**Image tags have been removed, that photo is far too large**

4th Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Quote Originally Posted by wayne77 View Post
    i was in your position about a month ago i sold my s4 and wanted a diesel estate and my two choices were the a4 avant or the b6 passat. i went to look at a few vw passats and although you get a lot of car for little money 4 out of the 5 cars i viewed had some kind of problem with it.Either the door handles were broken,the hand brake switch was sticking, or the dual mass flywheel was on its way out.get an a4 you wont go far wrong
    Nice 1 for the above Wayne, i have not even had time to get out there and have a good look round.

I am aiming more and more for the A4, as everywhere i look these B6 Passats seem to have some issues, cheers for the response