2006 A4 Tdi vs Passat Tdi- What would you have?

ruffrida

Reaction score
Morning Ya'll,

I am considering getting rid of my A3 (8L) as it is far to small for the growing family.

I have been stuck between 3 cars really, 330 M Sport, A4, and the Passat, all in an estate.

330 M Sport - Pay for the name in my opinion

A4 - Seem quite small inside

Passat (b6) - I have heard they blow engines very easily.

What would you have, considering it will be getting modified - Injectors, Induction, Re Map that kind of thing.

Open to all ideas, let me know !!

Neither, i would get a 2001 to 2004 audi a4 if i was in your position, Pd130 Bhp...

I wouldn't get the 3 series if it's space you're after, they're actually quite small for what they are and offer little space in the back. I would look at the A4 personally. Iv just swapped from a 8L S3, to a A3 sport back, it has heaps of room. Maybe worth considering as they are fairly well priced

I wouldn't get the 3 series if it's space you're after, they're actually quite small for what they are and offer little space in the back. I would look at the A4 personally. Iv just swapped from a 8L S3, to a A3 sport back, it has heaps of room. Maybe worth considering as they are fairly well priced

Now there is an option never even really thought about the sportsback, look tidy aswel

You guys get so many more diesel choices there, I'm not sure I'd even be able to make a decision I'd be so giddy!

But, from what you listed, here is my take: The Audi A4 is a much chunkier, sturdier car than the 6th gen Passat. However the Passat is a bit larger. If you want something that has the same basic build as the Audi, but less money and a bit more room, have you considered a 5th gen Passat? What about the Skoda Superb (which rides on the same platform, but was made a few years longer). Were those sold there in estate form?

You guys get so many more diesel choices there, I'm not sure I'd even be able to make a decision I'd be so giddy!

But, from what you listed, here is my take: The Audi A4 is a much chunkier, sturdier car than the 6th gen Passat. However the Passat is a bit larger. If you want something that has the same basic build as the Audi, but less money and a bit more room, have you considered a 5th gen Passat? What about the Skoda Superb (which rides on the same platform, but was made a few years longer). Were those sold there in estate form?

Everything is sold in an estate over here bud, even the mini, lol.

dont really like the look of the 5th gen passat, its the looks of the 6th gen that excites me, i bet it would loke even sweater when its pimped, but so does the A4, damn it !!

A4 all day everyday, much nicer cabin.

i was in your position about a month ago i sold my s4 and wanted a diesel estate and my two choices were the a4 avant or the b6 passat. i went to look at a few vw passats and although you get a lot of car for little money 4 out of the 5 cars i viewed had some kind of problem with it.Either the door handles were broken,the hand brake switch was sticking, or the dual mass flywheel was on its way out.get an a4 you wont go far wrong

i was in your position about a month ago i sold my s4 and wanted a diesel estate and my two choices were the a4 avant or the b6 passat. i went to look at a few vw passats and although you get a lot of car for little money 4 out of the 5 cars i viewed had some kind of problem with it.Either the door handles were broken,the hand brake switch was sticking, or the dual mass flywheel was on its way out.get an a4 you wont go far wrong

Nice 1 for the above Wayne, i have not even had time to get out there and have a good look round.

I am aiming more and more for the A4, as everywhere i look these B6 Passats seem to have some issues, cheers for the response