DRL Headlights - Fancied a change!

Amason007

Reaction score
Old DRL Headlights. Nothing much wrong with these but fancied a change to black and chrome.

IMG_0194.jpg

IMG_0193.jpg

New black and chrome headlights. These are the newer style with indicators on the inside. Dipped beam and main beam in one. These also have motors already installed so you can manually adjust the beam height, old DRL's didn't have this.

IMG_0081.jpg

IMG_0078.jpg

IMG_0079.jpg

And some pics taken this evening.

IMG_0087.jpg

IMG_0089.jpg

Andy

They look great....so which make are they then? What's the main beam light compared to the original factory jobs. I take it you had originally, non xenon standard dudes. Are they easy enough to fit and have you done the rears too.

Cheers
A

Hi Molnboman,

Thanks,

Not sure what make they are but here they are on ebay AUDI A4 B7 LED DRL R8 HEADLIGHTS DAYTIME RUNNING LIGHTS DEVIL EYE | eBay.

I did have factory halogens before, and I have also fitted H7 HID's to these. The light output is much better and brighter, but this will also be due to the fact I have fitted the HID's.

Its a bumper off to fit, so not that easy. Once the bumper is off they are a straight swap. No mods needed to wiring etc. As I have a convertible they do not do LED rears for these yet!

they look excellent buddy.look good at night.do u still have the old ones?

Are the DRLs brighter on the replacements than they were on the old ones?

Are the DRLs brighter on the replacements than they were on the old ones?

Hi Gary,

About the same I would say! As they really are sidelights, they can't be too bright of a day, or they would be too bright during the evening. But of a night they look really bright.

Andy

have you still got your old set of headlights available?

duncan

Odd question, but did you have to do any lightbeam adjusting with these?
I've put them in my A4 and I'm not sure about the beam projection. The light from the drivers side projected onto a wall is pretty much a straight line from left to right. However the passenger side beam against the wall seems to go up diagonally left (if your in the car).
Is this normal?

Odd question, but did you have to do any lightbeam adjusting with these?
I've put them in my A4 and I'm not sure about the beam projection. The light from the drivers side projected onto a wall is pretty much a straight line from left to right. However the passenger side beam against the wall seems to go up diagonally left (if your in the car).
Is this normal?

Steve,

These are what mine look like against a wall. Only had to adjust the height. To make sure they were the correct height etc, I had my Brother, who has auto levelling lights in has car, to shine his headlights on the wall. I then matched mine to his. Hope that makes sense?

IMG_0038-1.jpg

Andy