CLEAR CORNERS...... FINALLY PLUCKED UP THE COURAGE TO DO IT!!

Craig Cull

Site Sponsor
Site Sponsor
Reaction score
Hi all!!

After seeing numerous amounts of people dismantling the front end and stripping down the headlights to remove the amber lense..... i finally talked myself into doing it. my main worrie was if i cracked a lense or didnt heat it up enough to re-seal, but to be honest its quite a user friendly job and the result? well im more than happy. looks so much newer!! so heres the pics. if you want the link to the step by step instructions that solaris kindly sent to me, then plz just post on here and ill send it straight over. any questions feel free to ask :)

IMG_0319-1.jpg

IMG_0305.jpg

Good pics mate! All you need now is a pair of blue indicator bulbs. I had them on my old b6 a4..I bought them from Halfords.. Set the car off really well..:rock:

Good pics mate! All you need now is a pair of blue indicator bulbs. I had them on my old b6 a4..I bought them from Halfords.. Set the car off really well..:rock:

Cheers bud :) i never thought of getting the blue bulbs, managed to get the chrome ones from work, i think i will trial them when these 1s blow lol :D

Any suggestions for the drl's? coz i leave them off purposely coz they look very yellow in comparison to the xenons. any nice white bulb suggestions?? :)

Very brave man :salute:

Results look great so definately worth the effort. I wanted to do this but never plucked up the courage and instead bought some black DRL aftermarket lights.

i'm still trying totalk myself into doing this haha, send me the link over please mate

Cheers guys :) ill send y'all the link when I get home tonight. Thanks for the feedback guys glad ya like!!

Hi..There are plenty of led sidelights for your car on ebay. Just make sure you buy the ones with the correct resistors..:rockwoot:

Hi..There are plenty of led sidelights for your car on ebay. Just make sure you buy the ones with the correct resistors..:rockwoot:

how do you know which are correct mate? been looking at some today, but i heard some can bring up fault codes??

Hi Craig I,m afraid I don,t know much about leds it,s a bit of a minefield!! All i know is that you have to pick ones that are "canbus" friendly..I think the sidelights for the a4 is 501 type. Hope this helps you out:think:

Any suggestions for the drl's? coz i leave them off purposely coz they look very yellow in comparison to the xenons. any nice white bulb suggestions?? :)

You can fit any BA15s (1156) led bulb in there to loose the yellow look, but regardless of what the seller says you're pretty much always gonna need to install a load resistor to fool the canbus...

I'd recommend the CREE LEDs for a crisp white output.

You can fit any BA15s (1156) led bulb in there to loose the yellow look, but regardless of what the seller says you're pretty much always gonna need to install a load resistor to fool the canbus...

I'd recommend the CREE LEDs for a crisp white output.

Cheers mate, where's the best place to purchase them? And the resistor?

ETKA gives the VIN when the change from tango to clear corner was made, which approximates to cars built from October/November 2006 - but build date isn't the same thing as date of first registration...

You can get canbus 382 bulbs, i assume you mean the proper drl's to the inside of the dipped beam bulb? i'm trying to find a bulb i'm happy with at the moment for that but canbus 382 bulbs are for sale onnnnnn, let me think, autobulbsdirect? 382 Ultimate 92 LED Car Bulb - White or Amber Light

I found out these are recommended and don't cause any fault lights or need a resistor.
MTEC P21w S25 (1156) 382 Super White Xenon Bulbs *Pair* on eBay!

cheap as well!

ETKA gives the VIN when the change from tango to clear corner was made, which approximates to cars built from October/November 2006 - but build date isn't the same thing as date of first registration...

figures - mine is a june 06.. which means i get both high road tax and nasty tango corners goddamit!

goose

I just looked at a March 07 brochure and a 08 RS4 brochure and most of the cars have the tango indicators ...

My friends was a mar 06 and he had clear, mine is orange .. i so need to change mine, just finding the time!!

I just looked at a March 07 brochure and a 08 RS4 brochure and most of the cars have the tango indicators ...

My friends was a mar 06 and he had clear, mine is orange .. i so need to change mine, just finding the time!!

like petroldave says.. when the cars are manufactured and when they are registered, are two completely differnt things ;)

im like you, finding the time to do this is a pain.... im trying to save up all the "bumper off" jobs to do all at the same time

goose