AH FabricationsSky Insurance
    1st Gear

Status

Anyone wrapped chrome door and boot trim??

hi i recently bought an a4 b7 in black and am going to start doing a few mods.i want to get an rs4 black optics grill in the next few weeks but really want the rest of the chrome black.was wondering if anyone has wrapped this themselves and how easy it is?also if anyone knows a good black wrap 2 use it would be very helpful.thanks

2. # ADS
    ADS

3rd Gear

Status
    i'll be doing mine very soon, so will update if it goes well and worth doing?
    Audi A4 2.0TDi, Lowered on AP coilovers, Sat on 18" 3SDM 0.01, 9.5" rear and 8.5 front, RS6 custom front grill with carbon wrap suround, carbon wrapped door blades and rear defuser, de-tango'ed indicators, blacked out headlights and yellow fogs.

3rd Gear

Status
    Ye done mine google shadow chrome vinyl its a company based in the states and it aint cheap but its very good stuff! I did mine 18months ago and still good tried some cheaper ebay stuff and its rubbish bubbles.in hot weather its that cheap stuff lol

Yorkshire & Humber Rep.

Status
    quite easy
    make sure u clean the trim 1st
    use heat
    and sharp blades
    and take your time

1st Gear

Status
    think i will give it a go next week.what vinyl did u use bez?im quite impatient with waiting for things lol dnt thinks i could wait 2 recieve it from america

Yorkshire & Humber Rep.

Status
    i got the shadow chrome vinyl but from a uk seller
    best thing to do is go to your local signshop and ask them to sort it
    car wrapping vinyl is said to last a good 10 years

1st Gear

Status
    cheers bud will give that a go

6th Gear

Status
    Done the chrome boot trim, grille surround & interior trim, very easy, window trim is on the cards next (bit daunting though).
    A4 B8 (09) 2.0 TFSI (211)

Black Gloss RS4 style mesh grille, Black Gloss fog grilles, Black Gloss splitter trim, Ice White fogs, Tints, Black A8 boot rings, Black Badges, Dynamik boot spoiler, LED interior, LED number plate lights, Brushed steel vinyl wrapped interior.

1st Gear

Status
    yeh thats the bit i was thinking could be a bit of trouble lol but gawna give it a go

Neutral

Status
    I got my chrome window surrounds and boot trim wrapped in gloss black by Polimax in London. They did a good job and its still holding up well after having it on for 4 months in the sun, rain, and after numerous washes.

I know a few people who did it themselves and still did a good job with minimal costs.. But again you have to have the patience and time to get it done.. Which is why I let a pro do it lol..
    Check Out My Blog! Ryan-LDN.Blogspot.co.uk

3rd Gear

Status
    just did my boot lip and turned out good, was easy as i just took it off the car and did it in the workshop, but when i come to do the door trim, it does look abit more complicated, but not gonna stop me, just need a decent day when it aint chuckin it down
    Audi A4 2.0TDi, Lowered on AP coilovers, Sat on 18" 3SDM 0.01, 9.5" rear and 8.5 front, RS6 custom front grill with carbon wrap suround, carbon wrapped door blades and rear defuser, de-tango'ed indicators, blacked out headlights and yellow fogs.

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by RYN-LDN View Post
    I got my chrome window surrounds and boot trim wrapped in gloss black by Polimax in London. They did a good job and its still holding up well after having it on for 4 months in the sun, rain, and after numerous washes.

I know a few people who did it themselves and still did a good job with minimal costs.. But again you have to have the patience and time to get it done.. Which is why I let a pro do it lol..
    How much Ryan

Black Gloss RS4 style mesh grille, Black Gloss fog grilles, Black Gloss splitter trim, Ice White fogs, Tints, Black A8 boot rings, Black Badges, Dynamik boot spoiler, LED interior, LED number plate lights, Brushed steel vinyl wrapped interior.

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Macdoon View Post
    How much Ryan
    All in all I think I paid around £90 for the window and boot trim. London prices are quite steep. I'm sure if I ventured out to the sticks, I could have got it done a lot cheaper.
    Check Out My Blog! Ryan-LDN.Blogspot.co.uk

1st Gear

Status
    The boot trim pops off easily. I've just sprayed mine satin black, looks great.

1st Gear

Status
    think i will take the boot trim off then and give thats a go 1st.think i will just go for the wrap coz it keeps it in good condition and can always remove.just murder trying to get good wrap.if anyone can help me find good wrap in the uk or even better in scotland it would be greatly appreciated

1st Gear

Status
    Honestly give the satin black paint a go first. £10 in halfords will get you a couple of rattle cans, one primer the other the black.

Cheaper than the wrap and less hassle.

3rd Gear

Status
    But what if he doesn't like it, he'll be stuck with it, whilst with wrap, you just peel it off if you don't like it, I made a start at work today on my window trim, had to take it off half way through as I ****ed up and now gonna have to do it in sections which I didn't want to do as you'll see the joints but will have to do, back passanger done so a quarter of the way through

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by duffy78 View Post
    The boot trim pops off easily. I've just sprayed mine satin black, looks great.
    How do you get the trim off ? mine is bubbling ! Don't want to damage the paint on the bumper .

1st Gear

Status
    yeh i defo wanna just wrap it.would b good 2 c some pics when your done rich

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by RYN-LDN View Post
    All in all I think I paid around £90 for the window and boot trim. London prices are quite steep. I'm sure if I ventured out to the sticks, I could have got it done a lot cheaper.
    Thats an excellent price, I have just been quoted £220 in North Essex

1st Gear

Status
    To take the trim off just use a kitchen knife with the end wrapped in electricians tape so you don't damage the paint work.

Nudge it in at the front and gently twist. This will pop one of the tabs out. There are approx 8 tabs equally along the front. Just work your way along and then twist the back out.

My chrome trim had bubbled. This is I thick foil wrap. Use a stanly knife to pop one of the bubbles and then gentle work the blade under the foil wrap keeping the blade parallel to the trim. Lift the foil then peel off. You'll need patience and tough finger tips!!!

moderately amusing

Status
    pics of said wrappingness please lads!