help coding instrument 17 cluster made a mess!!!!

matt a4s line

Reaction score
Hi, I was wishing to simply remove the seatbelt chime using my diagnostic computer, i changed the code without taking note of the orginal code (blonde moment) and i have successfully removed the seatbelt chime but now i have fuel warning light on and only showing half of what it should be on the guage, also message press clutch pedal to start engine is displayed.... what have i done and how do i fix it?. I am very confused over all these codes tbh. my code now is 0-1048575, you imput the new code under coding right?. please help really ****** now and its looking like a trip to the stealers!!!!!"

What operating system are you running and is it a genuine cable?

You can revert to the old code which I will tell you if you mention your OS.

XP - My Computer -> usually C drive -> Rosstech -> VCDS -> Debug -> CodingLog.txt and look for Address 17

I am using autoboss diagnostic tool, not vag. maybe thts where my problem lies???? thanks

Oh, no idea then, sorry!

Where abouts are you?

I am in NI outside belfast, do u know anyone who can help me out?. I take it the dealers would be able to fix this even tho i altered the code? thanks

I am in NI outside belfast, do u know anyone who can help me out?. I take it the dealers would be able to fix this even tho i altered the code? thanks

Lucky, I'm on the North coast - I'm away most of this week but if you could wait I could probably help you out?

Agnews can restore the car to factory settings although they will probably charge an hours labour - you can also try Walsh Motors in Belfast too to restore your original coding WALSH MOTORS - Home

hi, where abouts on the north coast?, you wouldnt be about tomorrow by any chance as i am heading to the north coast for an appointment theres a few quid in it..... yea agnews 1 hour labour prob £90, its my own fault shouldnt have messed about with it!!!

Just outside Coleraine - I actually go early tomorrow morning, although I will be back in Belfast on wednesday evening if you're about then if it helps?

If you're really stuck - try these guys in Coleraine - J W Service Centre

Ex VW master techs so they will know what they're doing - wont be dear either.

aw ok no problem. i am working to 6pm on wed, what time would suit you?, I am unsure what I have actually done to the car the date format and time all changed as well lol, i think its set in another country... would it be easy for you to fix?, how will we be able to determine the code?

when its plugged into vcds a window will open telling you what the coding is for the module and the coding for the module - doesnt take long to do, a few minutes at most.

ill get back to you on the time .. ill still be on my phone

Didnt you note your original coding, if so just return it to this.

its not the soft coding number by ancy chance? i have the details for soft coding, shop imp, shop wsc, and extra geraet all under vehicle information. maybe all i need to do is copy the soft code in?. thanks

ok thts great, my soft code number is 0006441 does tht look correct?thanks

sory to be a pin, but you will enter the soft code number in the coding section? exactly like this with no spaces or - 0006441 many thanks and will let you know how i get on...