hi all, first time Audi buyer.. 2.0T sline special edition

adzy32

Reaction score
hi all
iv sold my vw r32 and decided to go for an audi..its a 2.0 2006, turbo quattro, special edition version.
( what is the diffirence in the normal 2.0t sline version and the s/edtion? )
i would like to know if any problems to look out for on this particular model.? (39k on the clock)
also when is the cam belt due for change?

and what tuning potential is there...plz
many thanks

Hi there, i currently have the 2006 special edition s line quattro, im having problems with my ecu, Po610 internal control module mil on

look out for the drainage plugs in the battery section blocking up which happened to me recently and water came into the footwells!

Just bought a donor ecu but now needs tuning to my car!

Your Cambelt should be done by now.. .5yrs...so if not done by now get it done asap.

hi there
went to see one today, power was good and the 4wheel drive was good..was low milage but was a bit tatty, yeh i was a bit concernd about the cambelt change..the seller has not done it, and was not willing to reduce the money...so ill keep on looking for the right one..

must be great with a remap on these 2.0 t's..

cheerz

I love mine. Looks like it will be up for sale tho soon. Power delivery is good. Different to r32. Less tax tho if you had a mk5 :). Keep a look out. Cambelt 75k or 5 years. Changed mine at 50 and 5 years hardly looked worn but wouldn't take the risk!

hi
i had the mk4 r32 for 4 years, great car, fancy a change..i did drive the audi 2.0t was very diiferent...unlike the v6 power comes after 2500rpm, 3000 or so.. nice solid feel in car.. awesome 4wheel drive.. i keep reading a lot of bad reviews on the model...?
are there that much problems or just one of those things where the owners neglect the car...and maybe skip the service etc..

Some problems but nothing major. We wouldn't have them if there were lol

This is my second one, just been approached by a previous owner to repurchase it...but will keep it. if you look after them properly they're great cars. I had a 400bhp supra before, and this gives me enough for what I need now. Solid cars, get an Audi extended warranty for peace of mind and no worries..

thanks chaps...
i will look out for one...nice in black! do they all come with heated seats front and rear?

Get a special edition to get a decent base spec. Everything else is optional. Wait for a high spec one otherwise you'll only be wishing you had things on it. My old one didn't have many options, and having been pretty much everything on it now makes a massive difference.

i dont mind waiting, i sold my r few months ago and was on the look out for vw ed30, but i see a audi 2.0 t on the road, ...man its a sweet looking car...will look even more awesome on a set of 19" bbs lms dropped... :)

just for info... the leather seats esp on the drivers side the lumber seems worn, even ones iv see with low milage's...is the leather quite weak on the audi's...or just not been treated ?

'' but you get a big **** instead '' love it mate hahahaha.

You not looked at the 170tdi with a remap???

'' but you get a big **** instead '' love it mate hahahaha.

You not looked at the 170tdi with a remap???

I'd call it a well proportioned Phantom black batty, but nothing like a trunk....

Haven't had any probs with my seat bolster yet touch wood. Initially seems much better than either of my previous BM 330 sport coupe's....they were terrible for bolster wear.

Haven't had any probs with my seat bolster yet touch wood. Initially seems much better than either of my previous BM 330 sport coupe's....they were terrible for bolster wear.

maybe depends on how the leather has been cared for ?.

the 170 tdi, do they not suffer problems when remaped like clutch etc??

maybe depends on how the leather has been cared for ?.

the 170 tdi, do they not suffer problems when remaped like clutch etc??

You would have to be very sensible with it. The 170s had to have a software update to remove some of the low down torque to protect the clutch from abuse and failure.

i have a special edition and its 5 years old now! leather is perfect still and no signs of wear, with any remap depends on the power you go for, ive asked around and you could get 210bhp with normal clutch and be fine but to behonest when i do mine im going to upgrade my clutch, plus also the difference between normal sline and special editions is front head lights dont have amber indicator covers, its lower then standard a4 by 30mm and lower then normal sline by 10mm, you should have two tone leather seats, as said above if you get one get one with the extras, mine has bose, climate control, xenon with adaptibe headlight and cornering function, auto wiper and headlights, only thing mine dont have is light pack and luggage pack and rear folding seats but i can live without them!