A4 BLACK EDDITION

mattyboyc

B6 Veteran now Q5 owner
Reaction score
Hi all,
Just popped over from the B6 section for a little advice, i am getting the erge to change the B6 for a B7, having done a little research i think i would go for a 2.0 170 tdi S-line black eddition but it would need to be the right spec as i have quite a wish list, i am in no hurry so waiting is no problem, my main question is do all the black edditions come with a black head linning or was this an additional option,everything else on my wish list is pretty easy it's just people don't normaly list the roof linning in their classifieds,
Thanks as always,
Matt

This is an S-line standard item, so yes.

Standard on S-Line.

As the Black Edition is an upgrade from S-Line, it is also standard on that trim level.

Having said that, I don't think I have ever seen a Black Edition B7. Seen S-Lines with black optics though.

black optics? ie grill etc? my 07 170 is the special edition with black grill etc

mine is a 2006 170bhp s line and does not have the black roof lining as far as i am lead to believe it was an optional extra ,not sure about the black edition though .

black optics? ie grill etc? my 07 170 is the special edition with black grill etc

Some are listed as "black optics" and some as special editions? So Lee does your's have a black roof linning?
When I have ordered black bits for my B6 they are listed as part of the " black optics" option.

id call it a more real dark grey from memory lol, it might be black though cant remember, its the model that came with the 18 inch rs4 alloys

The black addition is a B8, B7 can be an s-line special edition though. :yes:

The black addition is a B8, B7 can be an s-line special edition though. :yes:
kon
One of my top priorities if I change is the dark head lining so I gather if I look for a "special" edition I should be on the right track?
Thanks

you can have my black headlining!!! comes with a 56 plate tdi s line special edition (1) attached

wow big prices on these makes me go all mushy, mines gonna owe just over 3k finished and looking the nuts :)

Thanks to all of you for your replys,and offers to buy your cars, i now know what i should be looking for should i decide to change, they do fetch strong money, will need to test a couple and also a B8, i feel that the B7 apart from some cosmetic differences is so similar to the B6 would i benifit anything or do you bypass the B7 and go for a B8?? oh what to do!
Thanks again,
Matt

B7 or B8?? That much depends on your budget and wish list but boils down to high spec, low miles B7 versus lower spec and perhaps higher miles B8 for similar money.

And if its a Phantom black 170 quattro AVANT S-line Sp Edn. you're after, I keep thinking about selling mine. Still young at 50k on an 07 and with loads of options including privacy glass to complete the stealth look.

Last edited:
Standard on S-Line.

As the Black Edition is an upgrade from S-Line, it is also standard on that trim level.

Having said that, I don't think I have ever seen a Black Edition B7. Seen S-Lines with black optics though.

Not standard on all s-line models, mine is an s-line, never came with black headlining. (Has now though:yes:)

Last edited:
there is/was confusion between B7 an d B8 in the opening post, the black headlining is standard on the B8 s-lines

B7 or B8?? That much depends on your budget and wish list but boils down to high spec, low miles B7 versus lower spec and perhaps higher miles B8 for similar money.

If I do change the decision will be purely on the car irrespective of model B7 or B8, it will be all about colour, spec and overall condition, my wife is a self employed accountant and most of her clients are in the motor trade so repairs are not an issue, the problem I find with higher Milliage cars is more problems with seat bases worn steering wheels and alike, mine is now on 127k and has had a wheel change and new seat foams all expensive repairs, I do keep my cars along time hence it needs to be right.

just realised I had this pic of the B7 black headlining etc... :cool:

100_2499.jpg

That is so much nicer than the light colour in my B6!

Iv'e swapped out my light headliner/trims for black. Now looking to stain it or cover it with something :thumbsup:

Iv'e swapped out my light headliner/trims for black. Now looking to stain it or cover it with something :thumbsup:

there are two very easy ways to do this, one being carpet dye from a valet suppliers, used on carpets parcel shelves etc, or another method believe it or not is just good old couple cans of satin black or mat black misted over the headlining, ive done this many many times on all sorts of bits

there are two very easy ways to do this, one being carpet dye from a valet suppliers, used on carpets parcel shelves etc, or another method believe it or not is just good old couple cans of satin black or mat black misted over the headlining, ive done this many many times on all sorts of bits

Sounds like a plan, the old lining is just sitting in the garage so i'll give it a go. What about the trims though, are they easy stained.

Sounds like a plan, the old lining is just sitting in the garage so i'll give it a go. What about the trims though, are they easy stained.

If you want to do the plastic trims lightly key them first, I'd go the matt black can route as that will colour the plastic,

MattyboyC, have you looked at the Seat Exeo Sport Tech? Basically a B7 A4 with great options, 142ps/170ps, leather nav, bose. all as standard and can pick up near new under 15k. Was looking at these for my old man a few weeks back and was impressed. Just an option if you not a badge snob.

yes its the same as the head lining mate, a good 12 inch aways dusting it on will mean no streaky lines, but you will prib use 2 or 3 cans, i often do it on car carpets, hover the crap out of them then a can of matt black theny look like new but do have the paint smell for a 2 or 3 days

Excellent i'll definately give it a go, if it turns out well i'll sell it lol

Mine is a black edition, look at my profile you can see what it looks like. I'm not sure how to upload pics on here unless they are a URL.

For what it is worth, if you have a B6 do you really want to spend money on little more than some cosmetic changes?

Personally go for a B8 instead. Theres so little in it between 6 and 7 I wouldn't bother.