Limp mode... Frustrated!!

markfire

Reaction score
[h=2]
icon9.png
Limp mode...... Very frustrated!![/h]
Hi all,

This is my first post so go gently on me!

I have an intermittant problem on my 07 Audi a4,3.0 cab Quattro I can start. Car, thrash it, or drive it normally and it's absolutely fine as lon as I don't turn it off! If I go anywhere and stop turn off then restart within 5 mins the car goes into limp mode. I have no lights n dash or any other worrying noises etc. I once had the emissions light me on the dash and had it put on a computer to see what the fault was.
It reported two faults:
EGR valve intermittant circuit flow restriction .
turbo charger outside parameter circuit A

Im desperate to fix this as its spoiling a fantastic experience

You guys are my last chance.

I hope someone has experienced this before and can point me I the right direction.

Here's hoping

Regards

Mark​

Hi

Thanks for the reply. That's what my local garage advised. The previous owner drove the car gently and it has only covered 36000 miles. I did find initially that after stopping again from limp mode it would reset itself and was ok until it happened again! Now it seems to go into limp after some lively driving, but only if I stop and then try to restart!
What is the reason for this. Sticking valve or when accelerating hard it causes the crud to restrict the flow, but only indicates after a stop/start.

Again thank for your thoughts

Mark

when the car goes into limp mode does it come back withy the same fault code over and over???

has the car ever been in limp mode whilst driving????

is it an auto???

Hi

Only checked code once when light came on dash. Every other time no warning on dash, just limp mode.

It is an auto and no it's never gone into limp as I've been driving.

Regards

Mark

i recently had a very similar problem with a 3.0 tdi at work, apart from the fact that soon as the car got warm it would go into limp with no warning lights.

they have some vacume operated flaps in the inlet manifold, just make sure they arnt sticking open, when the car starts the flaps are operated it my memory serves me right??

its always worth cleaning the egr valve that can only help things really.

i would also have a code read on the gear box too.

Thanks for your helpful advice. I'll get the EGR valve cleaned first and post results here.

Regards

Mark

Update!

Bought a vag-comm, cleared codes and have been testing.

I ran the car with bonnet open and when I turned the engine off I could hear a high pitched whine and clicking noise, like something trying to close! This noise continued for 30 secs then stopped. Any ideas, could this be related to my problem. I also get the turbo electrical fault code as soon as I turn on the ignition.