Quattro 2.0 FS1 petrol Cab or no

techguyone

Reaction score
Hi, I've had a good lurk around, and I've been scouring AutoTrader the last week or so, I can't sem to see any 2.0T FSi quattros in Cabriolet form, was this engine/body combo not an option or just my bad luck none are showing for sale?

I'm after quattro, but the 3.0 /3.2 petrol is crazy economy/MPG and I've heard horror stories on the 3.0 Dti with manifold spindles/flaps, the 140/170 Dti's seem best avoided, and then some say the 1.8T petrol is underpowered, that's not leaving me with many options for a petrol quattro cab.

if you research any make/model you will find storys as people go on a site to ask advice when they have a problem.

personally i think the later 170 diesel is the better option, its more then likely to off had a brand new set injectors done on recall in the last few months, they dont have the chain so no issues there, all id do is spend 150 in labour having the sump dropped pump removed and the hex drive replaced incase its wearing.

naturally its not a main dealer job as its a few hours to them i expect

if you research any make/model you will find storys as people go on a site to ask advice when they have a problem.

personally i think the later 170 diesel is the better option, its more then likely to off had a brand new set injectors done on recall in the last few months, they dont have the chain so no issues there, all id do is spend 150 in labour having the sump dropped pump removed and the hex drive replaced incase its wearing.

naturally its not a main dealer job as its a few hours to them i expect

Lee, how big a job to drop the sump and remove/replace the hex drive. I have a mate who is a mechanic but he stacked up with work at the moment, so would probably be a weekend to fit me in.