Volks AutosBadger5
    5th Gear

Status

Issue with number plate LEDs

Had some no. plate LED units off HIDS4YOU and they've been working fine for ages (about a year) without any errors. All of a sudden they've both stopped working at the same time and given the dash light error...

I haven't had a chance to try my old normal units back in, is there a fuse for the rear number plate bulbs? They are in tight and not loose...

Very odd behaviour...

Any thoughts?
    07 2.0T SLine SE V2 Quattro, Full Milltek with hi-flow sports cat, APR Stage 2+ 280BHP/325lb/ft, APR HPFP, K&N panel, S4 alloys, Spacers, Black Optics, Eibachs, RS4 grill and fogs, Fog tints, RS4 ARB, RS4 Gearstick, LCR splitter, Black Calipers, Drilled discs, Debadged, Colour DIS, Bose, Adaptive Xenons/DRL, Black/Silver Audi Exclusive leather, Audi Carbon inlays, carbon difuser/B pillars, RNS-E+/Bluetooth, Cruise, Int/ext light packs, Rain/light sensors, mudflaps, LED plate/side/boot/interior

2. # ADS
    ADS

Yorkshire & Humber Rep.

Status
    are your fog lights still working ?

5th Gear

Status
    Yes
    07 2.0T SLine SE V2 Quattro, Full Milltek with hi-flow sports cat, APR Stage 2+ 280BHP/325lb/ft, APR HPFP, K&N panel, S4 alloys, Spacers, Black Optics, Eibachs, RS4 grill and fogs, Fog tints, RS4 ARB, RS4 Gearstick, LCR splitter, Black Calipers, Drilled discs, Debadged, Colour DIS, Bose, Adaptive Xenons/DRL, Black/Silver Audi Exclusive leather, Audi Carbon inlays, carbon difuser/B pillars, RNS-E+/Bluetooth, Cruise, Int/ext light packs, Rain/light sensors, mudflaps, LED plate/side/boot/interior

1st Gear

Status
    i had problems with the resistors in mine, in the end i just opted back for the normal type bulbs.
    A4 b7 170bhp quattro | 210bhp remap from Rick @ UNICORN MOTORSPORT ( 07880558534) | DPF deleted | EGR deleted | 19" TSW Zolder 5 custom bronze wheels | rs4 grill | rs4 22mm rear sway bar | lamin-x head lights, fog lights, side repeaters | custom carbon wraped chrome window trims | E M Tuning LED conversion lights | genuine audi s4 rear valance | genuine audi s4 quad exhaust system to fit diesel | cupra R splitter | black audi ring badges | alpine headunit, hertz spl sub with JL audio amp |

5th Gear

Status
    Was fine , had one that was on and off and think connectors had lost contact, replaced that one with a new one, worked fine, then suddenly both not working. Makes me think its a wiring problem as last time when one unit stopped the other one still worked.. .

5th Gear

Status
    Very weird, they're both working again....need to keep an eye on them.

Neutral

Status
    Over the last year, I purchased 2 sets of LED number plate lights from two sellers from eBay, the first set I got were faulty and threw fault codes as soon as I fitted, and the second set was okay although after washing the car a few LED's stopped working!

The 2nd set I got from a different eBay seller now works perfectly! I guess it's just hit and miss with these units.

Also, both sets from the 2 sellers arrived in the same packaging so really, 1 out of 3 worked properly.

Neutral

Status
    ive tried 2 sets now from diffrent sellers and im getting errors with both these r the ones im having problems with
    2x 39MM ERROR FREE CANBUS LED FESTOON NUMBER PLATE BULB | eBay
    2x 3 SMD LED 36mm 239 272 CANBUS ERROR WHITE NUMBER PLATE LIGHT FESTOON BULB UK★ | eBay

has anyone got a link to a set that works my car is a4 2006 2.0tdi

cheers wayne
    http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t106/wayn7/SAM_0065.jpg

**Image tags have been removed, that photo is far too large**

Neutral

Status
    Would you prefer another set of bulbs or a complete new LED housing? I find those ones more reliable..

AUDI A4 B7 2007 NUMBER LICENSE PLATE LED LIGHT | eBay

I have these but as stated above, they can be hit and miss.. but give an amazing brightness at night and are canbus friendly.

I have a quick review here Ryan-LDN | Something for Someone, Somewhere!: Replacement Car License Plate LED Kit
    Check Out My Blog! Ryan-LDN.Blogspot.co.uk

Neutral

Status
    i do like the look of that kit but at £30 its not for me
    cheers for the link anyway
    http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t106/wayn7/SAM_0065.jpg

**Image tags have been removed, that photo is far too large**

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by RYN-LDN View Post
    Would you prefer another set of bulbs or a complete new LED housing? I find those ones more reliable..

AUDI A4 B7 2007 NUMBER LICENSE PLATE LED LIGHT | eBay

I have these but as stated above, they can be hit and miss.. but give an amazing brightness at night and are canbus friendly.

I have a quick review here Ryan-LDN | Something for Someone, Somewhere!: Replacement Car License Plate LED Kit
    Do you have any pics with these fitted?

Neutral

Status
    Khanage, I'll get some pictures taken tomorrow night after work and I'll post them on here.

Neutral

Status
    Here are a few pictures of the lights themselves on the car at night..