Interior Trim

D2NY G

Reaction score
Gents,

Has anyone or know anyone that has dye'd / painted their interior trim?

Like pillars and roof lining, there not plastic so would just spraying them give a good effect or will i need to think about dyin the fabric with something

In my old astra mk4 I painted the plastics and wrapped the headlinging and it looked real smart, thinking of doing it to the audi, as black interior trims never come up and if they do there to far away!

There was a thread a while back, I think it was on Audizine, headliner and all pillers painted black or charcoal. Looked very good.

cool ill have a look, got a week off after my hols so would be nice to make it productive lol

if it looks any good ill have to give it a try

Or you go down the road I did, bought a second hand headliner and swapped out the old :hubbahubba: looks great

How much of a job is it to swap out the lining?

I would have thought just buying some dye and dipping the parts would do the job? If you were to go down that route.

yeh id like one thats already done but never around or always to far.

so just wondered which bye stuff to use if i were to have a bash myself

I would probably use this stuff

Rit Dye

You can use it to dye all sorts of stuff - I use it to dye white RC car wheels different colours. I'm sure the black would work on the interior. Not sure how you would do a roof lining - maybe buy a kiddies pool, fill it with the dye and immerse the lining in the dye. Sturdy up the washing line and hang the lining off that.

Although I'd probably wait for someone else to try that before doing it myself. :)

nice one lads, will have to get a test trim and give a few things a try :)

I have the headliner and all trims removed from my motor up for grabs........ just sitting in the garage.

Mac