A4 CABRIOLET 2004 ---- Need new cabriolet parts ! Help Needed Please !!!!

moveitnick

Reaction score
I have a 2004 A4 Cabriolet 2.5Tdi, i went to take my roof down yesterday but didn't realise that i had left a couple of flight cases under the tray in the boot, it stopped and then i realised what i did. I have managed to get the roof back up manually but on closer inspection i have broken the plastic ratchet and various other small plastic pieces. The shel is now lop-sided in the boot when i use thw switch handle. I really need to know if i can buy these parts from anywhere but an Audi main dealer, i have been quoted ridiculous prices for these parts. I will be extremely grateful if anyone could point me in the right direction. Many thanks, Nick

Hi Nick
The hood tray and its associated housing fixings are about as cheap and weak as they could possibly be! Unfortunately I dont think you can but the required parts other than from the dealer, my shelf wouldnt stay in the 'up' position due to the cable retaining clips being broken, the lovely people at the dealership wanted in excess of £400 for a full hood housing, as it is a complete unit. A few head scratching hours, scraped knuckes, shouting obscenties, I managed to fix my problem using ty wraps!! Been working fine ever since and seems considerably more robust than the original retaining clips!

abb can you explain how to fix them :p thanks