AH FabricationsSky Insurance

Thread: Deer strike

6th Gear

Status

Deer strike

0500 on way to work f**ckin deer wanted a closer look at the newly modded fog surround, a fair bit of damage. At work at the mo, will take some pics later.

Mac
    A4 B8 (09) 2.0 TFSI (211)

Black Gloss RS4 style mesh grille, Black Gloss fog grilles, Black Gloss splitter trim, Ice White fogs, Tints, Black A8 boot rings, Black Badges, Dynamik boot spoiler, LED interior, LED number plate lights, Brushed steel vinyl wrapped interior.

2. # ADS
    ADS

5th Gear

Status
    I hope the deer is in your boot.

Make good use of a bad situation.
    S3 1.8t Ming blue with ivory leather & 18"tt alloys

4th Gear

Status
    Ouch. I hit 2 Deer in my S4 last year. Wasn't going quick, maybe about 30-35, but still enough to cause £1800 worth of damage.

At least its only metal thats damaged, well, and Bambi...
    Looking for the right A4 Quattro. 1.9 TDI / 1.8T or 2.0T...
    My A4:http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/audi-s4-a4-a4-cab-b8-chassis/125399-my-brief.html

Yorkshire & Humber Rep.

Status
    1-0 to the deer

6th Gear

Status
    Ok so here's the pics....... assessment done....... approx cost 2k+

Was doing 40mph, that gut wrenching feeling, then out the car with the Rambo head on, as it gets up and runs off I just wanted to catch it slit it's throat and eat it lol.

Black Gloss RS4 style mesh grille, Black Gloss fog grilles, Black Gloss splitter trim, Ice White fogs, Tints, Black A8 boot rings, Black Badges, Dynamik boot spoiler, LED interior, LED number plate lights, Brushed steel vinyl wrapped interior.

Yorkshire & Humber Rep.

Status
    is the 2k new parts fitted painted by audi ?
    cos id have that done for hmm £500 with sh parts and would be a perfect blend and finish
    or add another 200 / 300 and go DTM like your thinking

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by bez101 View Post
    is the 2k new parts fitted painted by audi ?
    cos id have that done for hmm £500 with sh parts and would be a perfect blend and finish
    or add another 200 / 300 and go DTM like your thinking
    No definately not by Audi, made that mistake once many years ago (poor quality finish). Body shop guy I've known for last 16 yrs will be carrying out the work (through my ins). It's the internal damage, also new wing (crease that i didn't notice when taking pics).

Two nice holes in the intercooler, oil cooler pipes bust and more.

5th Gear

Status
    time for dtm and a fat fmic

1st Gear

Status
    Not only did that deer trash your front end mate, its a robbing ******* too, its half inched your grill badge hahahaha

Joking apart though i feel for you on this, i hit one in my vectra gsi and one jumped on a lads rs turbo i know. They make a serious amount of damage.
    A4 b7 170bhp quattro | 210bhp remap from Rick @ UNICORN MOTORSPORT ( 07880558534) | DPF deleted | EGR deleted | 19" TSW Zolder 5 custom bronze wheels | rs4 grill | rs4 22mm rear sway bar | lamin-x head lights, fog lights, side repeaters | custom carbon wraped chrome window trims | E M Tuning LED conversion lights | genuine audi s4 rear valance | genuine audi s4 quad exhaust system to fit diesel | cupra R splitter | black audi ring badges | alpine headunit, hertz spl sub with JL audio amp |

6th Gear

Status
    People say "It's only metal", well that don't help, my car is my pride and joy, so any bump,scratch or more is gutting.

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Macdoon View Post
    People say "It's only metal", well that don't help, my car is my pride and joy, so any bump,scratch or more is gutting.
    Its not only metal to you. I feel really sad that your car is damaged. I hope you get it all sorted out real soon.
    Audi-sport.net Lanyards & Stickers
    To find Audi-Sport-Net members with VCDS check out the MAP

5th Gear

Status
    ouch, that's a *****, I nearly had an encounter with a bloody loose dog legging it out the woods on a back road a couple of days ago, was doing 60 at the time (was a 60 limit and a clear straight road...).

I feel for you, and £2k is a wedge...at least your insurance is covering it, always worth full comp...hurts to see any damage though...
    07 2.0T SLine SE V2 Quattro, Full Milltek with hi-flow sports cat, APR Stage 2+ 280BHP/325lb/ft, APR HPFP, K&N panel, S4 alloys, Spacers, Black Optics, Eibachs, RS4 grill and fogs, Fog tints, RS4 ARB, RS4 Gearstick, LCR splitter, Black Calipers, Drilled discs, Debadged, Colour DIS, Bose, Adaptive Xenons/DRL, Black/Silver Audi Exclusive leather, Audi Carbon inlays, carbon difuser/B pillars, RNS-E+/Bluetooth, Cruise, Int/ext light packs, Rain/light sensors, mudflaps, LED plate/side/boot/interior

6th Gear

Status
    T
    Quote Originally Posted by razza1 View Post
    ouch, that's a *****, I nearly had an encounter with a bloody loose dog legging it out the woods on a back road a couple of days ago, was doing 60 at the time (was a 60 limit and a clear straight road...).

I feel for you, and £2k is a wedge...at least your insurance is covering it, always worth full comp...hurts to see any damage though...
    Aye, thankfully fully comp, protected. And the work is being done at my mates shop, peace of mind.

6th Gear

Status
    Deer strike, i think your lucky mate, looks more like a bird strike

A friend of mine hit a deer, wrote her car off, not much of the front end left!

Maritus Blue Audi A4 3.0 V6 S-Line TDi 275bhp, 585nm Torque

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by shariain View Post
    I hope the deer is in your boot.

Make good use of a bad situation.
    Made me think about the Top Gear Episode when Clarkson had a "road Kill" cow attached to his bonnet!

2nd Gear

Status
    £2k!? really?
    Audi A4 B7 SE S line TFSI Quattro.

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by bowen View Post
    £2k!? really?
    I thought that at first but the more you look at the pics the more damage is apparent, start adding those bits up along with ic/oc pipes plus paint and labour

Bad times mate, these things are sent to test us, at least it wasnt a badger!!

6th Gear

Status
    I was definately lucky, it was a muntjac, headstrike.
    As for damage it does mount up,

Intercooler (two little holes, punctured by fog light)
    IC pipes & brackets
    OC pipes & brackets
    Fog surround
    Belly pan (split)
    N/S wing creased
    Bumper
    Grille split
    Number plate holder clip broken
    Fog light brackets snapped
    IC air duct
    Inner arch lining split

That's about it I think then to top that until Friday I've got a Skoda Fabia Took 3 weeks to get to work this morning lol.

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Yeah they're big biuggers huh, probably wouldnt of even given them a scratch tbh, saw one run out, hit a car at a fair speed, totally goosed the car, but thing ran of without even so much a limp, not nice to see that internal damage though huh as bumper could of been welded back to oem, shame.

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK